PDA

View Full Version : If Sam Wyche does come aboard

mchurchfie
02-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Maybe he'll bring back the "Sugar Huddle" again...an earlier and slightly different version of the "Kgun.":up:

Aero II
02-04-2004, 05:34 PM
I was thinging the same thing. The no huddle was one of the most fun exciting offenses to watch.

Ebenezer
02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Imo, we do not have the linemen for that sort of thing.

helmetguy
02-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Maybe he'll bring back the "Sugar Huddle" again...an earlier and slightly different version of the "Kgun.":up:

They outlawed it with the "Wyche Rule." You're only allowed 11 guys in the huddle now.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Imo, we do not have the linemen for that sort of thing.

we have the draft and Free Agency to take care of that.:up:

caveboy
02-04-2004, 07:55 PM
I think MM will go to a more conservative O. He may be bringing in a lot of coaches with experience, such as Sam, but at the end of the day, I think he stays with a running/ball-control team and forgoes any trick offense.

DB said last year's plays were too complex anyway, and if they are going to get him back on track, they need to get back to basics and simplify the gameplan IMO.

The Spaz
02-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by caveboy
I think MM will go to a more conservative O. He may be bringing in a lot of coaches with experience, such as Sam, but at the end of the day, I think he stays with a running/ball-control team and forgoes any trick offense.

DB said last year's plays were too complex anyway, and if they are going to get him back on track, they need to get back to basics and simplify the gameplan IMO.

I wouldn't say he's conservative I would say more like a balanced attack see 2001 and 2002 when hios offese were ranked in the top 10 for both passing offense and rushing offense.

elltrain22
02-04-2004, 08:03 PM
SW would help out our offense a great deal, and i hope we get him. As for someone suggesting that we he should or will implement the no huddle, there is no way our line could handle that tall task.

ShadowHawk7
02-04-2004, 08:04 PM
what was the Sugar Huddle neway?

The Spaz
02-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
what was the Sugar Huddle neway?

They woudl come into with the huddle with like 12-13 players then when they would break the huddle the 1-2 other players would go back to the sidelines confusing the defense.

Ingtar33
02-04-2004, 11:53 PM
not that the bengals really ever huddled... it was more like a sort of casual milling about

Mr. Miyagi
02-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
not that the bengals really ever huddled... it was more like a sort of casual milling about
:rofl:

TigerJ
02-05-2004, 08:23 AM
The Bengals no huddle, which as has been stated is now illegal, was all about trying to deceive defences. The no huddle as Ted Marchibroda perfected it was about depriving the defence of the opportunity to make substitutions, and wearing out defences on the assumption that defensive players, having to react to what the offence is doing, burn more energy than offensive players. I don't think the no huddle is behind the thought of bringing Wyche on board. He is a smart offensive guy who works well with QBs. That's all I'm looking for.

bobblehead
02-05-2004, 09:58 AM
I was more of a fan of Wyche's QB- Head Coach argument play. The QB sets up under center and starts his calls. The head coach then starts yelling at the QB, the QB yells back, starts walking over to the sidelines, yelling all the way, while the center hikes the ball to a back, starting the play. It never worked, but it was alot of fun to watch.