PDA

View Full Version : The way I figure it the bills will...

quizlet2003
10-11-2002, 02:33 PM
...be averaging 37 points a game. For I believe (realisticly) the Texans D blows hole and we are averaging 32 points up on GOOD defenses the score will be:

Bills- 55
Texans- 26

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 02:39 PM
Let me break this down for you in simple terms................

There are 3 phases of the game. Special teams, Offense, and defense.

We are better than you on special teams: Advantage: Texans
Bills have a better offense: Advantage Bills
Texans have a better Defense: Advantage Texans

We are better than YOU guys in 2 of the 3 phases of the game. What does THAT tell you?

Bledsoe is 1-6 in his last 7 outings v. Glenn and Coleman to the tune of 7 TDs and 11 INTs. During the Gregg Williams *era* the Buffaloed Bills are a staggering 5-16. *nice*

You OUGHT to win, but you think it will be a cake walk you are not realistic.............

I think it is your D that, "blows hole"

northernbillfan
10-11-2002, 02:43 PM
I agree Expansion. This may be a very long day for us as fans.

We expect to walk over an expansion team, and that is what will kick us in the ass later. I hope GW treats this like we are playing the Patsies or Dull-felons, otherwise it could be your ball game.

Your D is 5th overall in the AFC, compared to our previous opponents, Minny and da Bears aside, this will be a true test for Bledsoe and company!

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Seriously, I can't imagine we can keep up with your Offense, but if Jermaine Lewis can break one, and/or we can get a defensive score...............we will have a shot.

Previous Pro Bowlers on Texan *D*:

Jamie Sharper LB Ravens
Keith Mitchell LB Saints
Gary Walker DE Jaguars
Aaron Glenn CB Jets

Also we start NO rookies on defense. :louie:

Patrick76777
10-11-2002, 02:56 PM
You're D may be better then our D, but our O is way better then your O, so the way I see it we have our Great O against your average D, and your terrible O against our below average D. Which, in my book spells B-L-O-W-O-U-T

RedEyE
10-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ExpansionBlues
Seriously, I can't imagine we can keep up with your Offense, but if Jermaine Lewis can break one, and/or we can get a defensive score...............we will have a shot.

Previous Pro Bowlers on Texan *D*:

Jamie Sharper LB Ravens
Keith Mitchell LB Saints
Gary Walker DE Jaguars
Aaron Glenn CB Jets

Also we start NO rookies on defense. :louie:

Speaking of Jermaine Lewis, it has to drive Texans fans nuts that he is not used on offense more often. What gives?

Almost forgot:
Quiz ~ If Buffalo puts 55 points on the board this Sunday, I'll give you my entire Zone bucks savings!:insane:

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Speaking of Jermaine Lewis, it has to drive Texans fans nuts that he is not used on offense more often. What gives?

He can't catch. :ill:

If you saw the Cowboy game, he dropped a MASSIVELY easy SURE TD catch when he was WIDE open. This is NO abberation.

We would RATHER see him return punts, thankyouverymuch. :cool:

quizlet2003
10-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Let me break this down for you in simple terms................

There are 3 phases of the game. Special teams, Offense, and defense.

We are better than YOU guys in 2 of the 3 phases of the game. What does THAT tell you?

Bledsoe is 1-6 in his last 7 outings v. Glenn and Coleman to the tune of 7 TDs and 11 INTs. During the Gregg Williams *era* the Buffaloed Bills are a staggering 5-16. *nice*

You OUGHT to win, but you think it will be a cake walk you are not realistic.............

I think it is your D that, "blows hole"

Listen man. I dont like to argue with other teams fans. I dont see the point in it. But, first of all, our special teams have averaged 18 yds a run-back the last 3 games. Our special is not so bad. Actualy 17th in the league to be exact. I think Texans are around 15- 16th. Woo! BTW: Your D is not so great. Our offense is not "good", our offense is not "great" our offense is "out of this world."

Rebecky
10-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but . . . .

Fantasy guru's are placing the Bills D at #3 on cheatsheets this week just because we're playing the Texans . . . .

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Just standing behind my team......... I wouldn't worry about the *argue* part. Cause stating facts isn't arguing

BTW: the "blow hole" reference is YOUR term, not mine.

quizlet2003
10-11-2002, 05:51 PM
The bills "blow hole?" LOL- if that is indeed what you are stating I think your fans are going to be pretty suprised when the score is 35-10 at halftime...

BTW: That was straight out of USA Today and ESPN!!

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by quizlet2003
...be averaging 37 points a game. For I believe (realisticly) the Texans D blows hole and we are averaging 32 points up on GOOD defenses the score will be:

Bills- 55
Texans- 26

THIS is where the term came from. I just gave it BACK to you. ROFLMAO. You make fun of the term YOU used. What a brainiac

MY Gawd, do you think we EXPECT to win a lot of games? I think you underestimate MORE than just our team. We have a pretty good grip on the fact that we are in a 3-4 win season.

Ingtar33
10-11-2002, 05:56 PM
All I have to say about the Bills offense...

The Bills get the ball for a 1st down on the Bills 1.5yard line with 1:32 left in the first half (and 3 timeouts) against the Oakland Raiders.

The smart play? Run on first, second, and third to run out the half.

The Bills did what?
Pass on first... incomplete
Pass on second - P.Price for 14yards
Pass on first from the 16 - P.Price for 54yards
Pass on First from the Oak 30- L.Centers for 25yards
Run on first from Oak 5- L.Centers for TD

Drive total... 98yards in 5 plays, 1 Timeout, and only 52 seconds used.

I've never seen an O do that, and I got to watch Jimbo work his magic for a decade here.

casdhf
10-11-2002, 05:58 PM
Quiz is just all riled up because of this toppless creed pic :shakeno:

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

The Bills get the ball for a 1st down on the Bills 1.5yard line with 1:32 left in the first half (and 3 timeouts) against the Oakland Raiders.

The Bills did what?

I've never seen an O do that, and I got to watch Jimbo work his magic for a decade here.
You have never seen a team score QUICKLY? Have you been watching football long?

RedEyE
10-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Eblue - I think Ingtar was refering to the fact that the Bills have an amazing ability to involve all of their weapons in a game plan, exposing defenses regardless of how tough they seem.

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Cough, cough, cough, 5-16, cough, cough, *ahem*, cough

RedEyE
10-11-2002, 06:23 PM

....are you suggesting that Buffalo does not have a potent offense? Because I can name about 25 that are less productive. I'll give you one guess which team is anchored to the bottom of that list. :D

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 06:40 PM
I do not know how you got NO offense out of: "*cough*, 5-16...."

Look at the first post in the thread. I am just responding to

"Texans Defense blows hole".

I don't get how you can extract I am saying you have no O. You guys are mighty arrogant for a team that is 5-16 over the last 2 years, huh?

You guys win 2 out of your first 5 games and all of a sudden you are some kind of powerhouse? I don't get THAT either........ :nana:

RedEyE
10-11-2002, 06:56 PM
Listen I have yet to agree with anything that Quiz has posted. Most of us consider him (her?) a resident pet. ;)

I'm not claiming that the Bills have a SB bound team, they do however have a very potent and reliable offense that can do 30 to 40 points of damage to just about any defense. I'm not being arrogant, I'm simply implying the obvious. Can you deny this?

BTW, you should really get a doctor to look at that cough.

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 06:58 PM
http://www.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/09/08/texans/photo12.jpg

No denial. You have a wonderful offense. Welcome to Houston.

mackey789
10-11-2002, 07:21 PM
expansion blues, its a little too early to talk **** when your team has existed for a whole 4 games......bills win big 42-17, henry has 180 yds on the ground and drew has a sound day passing with 310 yds passing and 4 td's

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Hey, I'm just responding to your guys pathetic drivel. I have not been talking smack, and if I were, I dont need YOUR permission. I can handle my own..........:shelby:

Henry won't break 100 yards...........

itsandthings
10-11-2002, 07:44 PM
The Texans defense presents problems for the Bills not only because they are pretty good, they also because of their scheme. Go back and look at Bledsoe's numbers vs. Capers zone-blitz scheme when he was DC at Pittsburg, HC at Carolina and DC at Jacksonville. Drew always struggled against him.

The key will be, can the Texans' generate any offense against the Bills defense, which is struggling? They need to play a smart game offensively, not turning the ball over, running to control the clock and avoiding some of the stupid penaties that have plagued them (especially the personal fouls and cheap 5-yard formation and offsides penaties).

This is a real trap game for the Bills. They are a young team that, for the first time in a long time, will be playing on the road against a team they are heavily favored to beat. Mentally, young players tend to let down in that situation, and the Bills need to guard against thinking this game is won before it starts. The Texans don't have a lot of quality depth, but they have a pretty good coaching staff and a core group of good football players. They can bite an overconfident team in the ass, just ask the Cowboys (who they beat).

Also, one of these games David Carr is going to start to put things together. As they get their OL fixed and he starts gaining more experience he is going to start having some breakout games. Carr is struggling early in the season similar to how Peyton Manning did in his rookie season. However, Manning got a lot better in the 2nd half of the year and finished strong, and Carr will as well. If the Bills aren't ready to put some pressure on Carr he can light them up. He is a very talented guy.

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 07:45 PM
Bledsoe is 1-6 in his last 7 outings v. Glenn and Coleman to the tune of 7 TDs and 11 INTs.:drool: :deadhorse

In all seriousness, it will be the ultimate test for our defense

itsandthings
10-11-2002, 08:04 PM
In 1995 Bledsoe led the Patriots against the expansion Carolina Panthers (in their 2nd year), and the Pats lost 20-17 in OT. Bledsoe's numbers: 22-for-44 (50%), 228 Yds (5.18 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 0 Int, 65.3 QB Rating.

In 1993, Bledsoe's rookie year, the Pats lost 17-14 to Pittsburg when their defense was coached by Dom Capers. The game was the worst of Drew's career, as he threw 5 interceptions.

Bledsoe has struggled against zone-blitz schemes in his career, it is the scheme that tends to give him the most problems.

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by itsandthings
In 1995 Bledsoe led the Patriots against the expansion Carolina Panthers (in their 2nd year), and the Pats lost 20-17 in OT. Bledsoe's numbers: 22-for-44 (50%), 228 Yds (5.18 Yds/Att), 0 TD, 0 Int, 65.3 QB Rating.

In 1993, Bledsoe's rookie year, the Pats lost 17-14 to Pittsburg when their defense was coached by Dom Capers. The game was the worst of Drew's career, as he threw 5 interceptions.

Bledsoe has struggled against zone-blitz schemes in his career, it is the scheme that tends to give him the most problems. Nice homework. And while I am glad to hear that, I know you are not. All the same, I fully understand that unless we made some progress in our offensive maturity, we will struggle to win ANY game, much less than from an offensive juggernaut like your team is currently. ;)

quizlet2003
10-11-2002, 08:57 PM

Cough, Couch, Cough, 1-3, cough, couch, *ahem*, cough

The Spin Rx
10-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by quizlet2003

Cough, Couch, Cough, 1-3, cough, couch, *ahem*, cough

Thank YOU, best start by an expansion team EVER :up:

quizlet2003
10-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Yah, your right. Your better than Carolina in 95!! Good job Texans!

WCoastFin
10-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Quizlet are you the creemoredrinker of our future????

Judge
10-11-2002, 10:19 PM

That is very amusing.

The only way this game is close is if the Bills look beyond the Texans at their grudge match against Miami the following week and aren't ready.

As Bledsoe said, at 2-3 they don't have that luxury.

Look out Houston! 31-9 Bills.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Quiz is just all riled up because of this toppless creed pic :shakeno:

:lolcry:

quizlet2003
10-12-2002, 09:15 AM
I have to agree with Judge on this one...the only way you guys have a chance is if Bledsoe, Moulds, Price, Coy Wire, Pat Williams, Ruben Brown, Reed, and Clements are pulled at halftime. Then you may have a shot...

Put it this way... We practiced one less day this week and I bet you, they where watching Miami tapes. Not houstons!! :)

The_Philster
10-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Sorry....but it's proven every week that any given team can beat any other team every week. We can't afford to look past the Texans.

The Spin Rx
10-12-2002, 11:32 AM
I just wanted to show everyone here how good old quizlet2003, and hisfoolish drivel is representing the Bills fans (http://boards.houstontexans.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=109917) on the Texan board. Lord of gun came in with a classy post. Some brainiac named bledsoe1 and quizlet are acting like trolls. He has called me a troll over here. Nice........ really nice guy. I like the part where he said the Bills have only punted 5 times the WHOLE year. Does he think we can not see the stats on NFL.com? ROFLMAO

HAHAHAHA. ROCK on dude.:beer:

Novacane
10-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

The Bills did what?

I agree Ingtar.....that was impressive! When we got the ball at the 2 I told the guy next to me if they could just get a first down to keep the Raiders from getting the ball back I'd have been happy!

ublinkwescore
10-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Quizlet, will you please get rid of that Creed pic. Creed sucks, they are just another crappy band put together by the music industry to make some quick cash off of ******ed college students nation wide. In a year, they'll be just another Milli Vanilli, or Lisa Loeb.