PDA

View Full Version : Washington, Centers to hang them up

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Just heard this on WNSA Ted Washington and Larry Centers are both retiring from the NFL. They got there SB rings and now there leaving the NFL. GOOD LUCK to both of them :fabulous: :cheers:

hintexas
02-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I wish their was someway to talk Ted into playing for the Bills next year he would be a LARGE asset and I think it would be even more gratifying for Ted if he could help bring a championship to Buffalo.

The Spaz
02-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by hintexas
I wish their was someway to talk Ted into playing for the Bills next year he would be a LARGE asset and I think it would be even more gratifying for Ted if he could help bring a championship to Buffalo.

We would have no room for Ted we already have Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

hintexas
02-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Large men cant play on every down. If Ted would play for any team cheap it would be for Buffalo

The Spaz
02-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by hintexas
Large men cant play on every down. If Ted would play for any team cheap it would be for Buffalo

It doesn't matter now though he's retired. Also he would only be here more year squandering another younger players chance to play.

elltrain22
02-04-2004, 08:01 PM
What a way to end their career, only wish they could've won those rings as Buffalo Bills. 2 very classy players, who were very great at what they did.

ShadowHawk7
02-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Yea, good luck to em' both. Great, class act players they were. Wut I'm reely happy is that, Big Ted won't be plugging holes for those Pats nemore! :cheers:

Ickybaluky
02-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Centers is no surprise, he has been talking retirement since the week before the Super Bowl.

I would be surprised if Ted retires. He has stated he wants to play another 2-3 years, and has not interest in retiring. He said that just last week.

Unless the SB win caused him to re-evaluate his priorities, he isn't retiring.

Ickybaluky
02-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Here is an article from last week where Washington says he wants to play 15 years (he has played 13 so far):

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2004/01/28/sports/sports01.txt

It says:

Washington becomes a free agent after the season. With his age (36 in April) and recent injury history, he knows time isn't on his side. He said he'd like to hit the 15-season mark (he's two away from it) and just shrugged when asked if he had thought about the Hall of Fame.

That's still a ways off. Right now a championship is tantalizingly close.

Close to being engulfed in those powerful hands.

‘‘The only thing left,'' Washington said, ‘‘is to get a Super Bowl ring this Sunday and hopefully a new contract with this team and try to get back here.''