PDA

View Full Version : Creepy stats: VooDoo Bills

Rebecky
10-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Reading the fantasy football shark pool over at footballguys.com:

Some guys are scared to play the Raiders players this coming week and are taking StL players solely because of the Bills Voodoo -- it has been noted that after the Bills play a team, that team always STINKS in its next game.

Creepy, eh?

RedEyE
10-11-2002, 03:43 PM
:lol: I thought about this as well. I have Rich Gannon as a FFL player and was considering benching him. I have to think that Faulk can't win an entire game by himself. Can he?

Sabre Ally
10-11-2002, 03:44 PM
Yes, but the Jest, ViQueens, and Teddy Bears all stink anyway, and the Donkeys are just posing as a good team, they're not what they used to be. The Raiders are the only team we've played that are actually any good.

Rebecky
10-11-2002, 03:53 PM
I'm worried about Faulk. Did you see his aborted interview with Bob Costas on HBO? That is one unhappy dude. I've never seen him like this. I'm thinking he's about to either slide into a clinical depression or explode all over Martz.

RedEyE
10-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Missed that interview, but thanks for the tip. Things are certainly rotten in St. Louis.

Rebecky
10-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Never, never make a fantasy decision based on Rebecky's hunches. I am 0-5 this year playing my hunches. My son and husband always play the players I bench (if they have them).

RedEyE
10-11-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
Never, never make a fantasy decision based on Rebecky's hunches. I am 0-5 this year playing my hunches. My son and husband always play the players I bench (if they have them).

(I hope this does not appear as a sexist statement, nor do I want to insult anyone....)

You know, I always wanted to assume that you were female because of your user name, but many of your reponses and statments show an amazing amount of knowledge in professional football. Up until you posted this comment, I just thought you were a man with an extremely strange name. It's funny how we (as a society) tend to jump to conclusions without researching information.

Rebecky
10-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Red, to be perfectly honest, some of my posts reflect Hubby's opinion -- he works long hours and then helps with teenage son's hockey, so he doesn't have time to play on the boards -- while I can usually work and play on the boards at the same time. We talk football all the time, including what's being said on the message boards, and his opinions are often reflected in my posts. His fantasy team is 5-0!

Cntrygal
10-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Last I heard... Faulk has still been having problems with his back (spasms). But he's still supposed to play.

Judge
10-11-2002, 10:13 PM
You want a real thing to consider:

it's an old betting rule that you go against a team that has scored 80+ points combined in its last 2 games.

Raiders? Bet against them! (For entertainment purposes only).

Meathead
10-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Can you say "butch"?