X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Clarrett ruled Elgible for NFL draft

Suspended Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett was ruled eligible for the NFL draft Thursday by a federal judge who concluded that the league's rule violates antitrust laws.

Suspended Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett was ruled eligible for the NFL draft Thursday by a federal judge who concluded that the league's rule violates antitrust laws.
    The ruling can be appealed by the NFL...

This ruling can definately help teams in need of a running back (i.e. NE) because the supply pool just increased...
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Amazing..if the NFL loses on this one it will open up the flood gates...they'll be drafting kids out of high school next...

What is antitrust about telling a kid he has to be removed 3 years from his high school to "work at his job"...he has alternatives...he can play arena ball, cfl, etc....

oh well, courts screw things up again.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

The owners should collude and keep him out.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Sep 2003

i think its ratarded... he should be allowed to play...if he has the talent, why not... the nba allows it and look at how well the guys that are dubbed can't misses do... garnett, lebron, jermaine oneal, tmac

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
          i think its ratarded... he should be allowed to play...if he has the talent, why not... the nba allows it and look at how well the guys that are dubbed can't misses do... garnett, lebron, jermaine oneal, tmac
          Exactly look at the NBA it is full of basketball players who have come out of High School only to ride the pine sure ther are exceptions, T-Mac, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett and some others but there are a lot more who have failed. Basketball is not physical of a sport as football and in fact it is not even close. The NBA is very dilluted in talent because of this.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

I just read somewhere that the Bears are very interested in Clarrett and might even use a 2nd round pick on him. If Houston wasted a 2nd round pick on Tony Hollings, Clarrett should definitely be worthy of a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
              I just read somewhere that the Bears are very interested in Clarrett and might even use a 2nd round pick on him. If Houston wasted a 2nd round pick on Tony Hollings, Clarrett should definitely be worthy of a 2nd round pick.
              Why because Clarett had one good year?

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

That is pretty shocking news. I thought the NFL was unbeatable. I think this will ultimately hurt the NFL cause it will water down things, guys will have one great year and come out and find out that they suck at the NFL level and should have stayed in school 2 more years. It will water things down like it does for baseball and basketball. It is a shame, but we all knew eventually it would come to this. Maybe this will become my next article, I am so against this.

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ryjam282
                  • Mar 2003

Hopefully the owners will black ball him and all just agree to pass on him to set a standard so others don't follow....

Besides, he didn't even have 1 good year. He had some good games but that nerve damage in his shoulder sidelined him for a few games and who wants damaged goods? (Maybe Donahoe does, like McGahee) :)

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282

Besides, he didn't even have 1 good year. He had some good games but that nerve damage in his shoulder sidelined him for a few games and who wants damaged goods? (Maybe Donahoe does, like McGahee) :)
                    Watch your language, Mister! Can we have a TOS ruling on this? I think the suggestion is offensive!
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• ryjam282
                      • Mar 2003

Don't get me wrong, I love McGahee, I am a huge Hurricanes fan and love the guy. I just think Clarett is being greedy and nowhere near good enough to play in the NFL right now. Maybe in a few years, but not now. McGahee is more then ready, and will dominate...

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

Oh, I gotcha. I just can't stomach even the remote possibility of Clarett in a Bills uniform. Hopefully, the courts will issue a temporary injunction-pending the league's appeal, and he'll have to wait a year.
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• ryjam282
                          • Mar 2003

I hope so too. I hope the NFL can appeal it and maybe draw it out over a year or so so this doesn't happen.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

With the 13th pick in the draft, The Buffalo Bills select out of the Ohio State..........
                            just kidding

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                              The owners should collude and keep him out.
                              I would LOVE to see that! The NFL knows that this will hurt them in the long run and it sets a TERRIBLE precedent! I'd love the NFL to low ball him and have him be UNDRAFTED!

Comment

Working...
                              X