X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solomon100
    • Jan 2004

Boston Bruins Blows Out Buffalo Sabres

Okay Sabres fans, here's my take - yes the temptation is to blast the sabres for getting blown out by the bruins.... but and a big but...
    We have to remeber that this is a game that Bruins where supposed to win, they had an equal winning streak and they have a marquee player in joe thorton. We have Satan.. How many of my fellow sabres fans would rather have Satan instead of Thornton???

That's what I thought...
    Let's face it this team has worked very hard to try to get back into the playoff mix without a major superstar and these guys
    like any other nhl team are going to have good nites and bad nites (even teams like detroit and colorado who traditionally have strong teams and a handfull of marquee players do)
    So how can we expect so much more from a team which has so much less talent overall than the premier teams.
    Sure we long for the title " the hardest working team in hockey"
    but even then we had great team speed and a couple of gritty guys to back up the speedsters. Now we have a bunch of average to a bit average players who really seem to be trying
    to make some filet mignon out of roast beef.
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

truly inspirational man,

least the isles lost otnite too.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• hurls
      • Oct 2003

right on solomon, we are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crap. As far as the "hardest working team in hockey". I'd take that team anyday. As much as we complained about Barnaby, he's still playing, with Messier usually, no less. The scrappiness made us forhet the bad games. They still fought hard. I didn't see tonight's game, so I can't comment on the effort tonight. Was it overall team play, or did Biron and Noronnen stink it up?

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

judging from the Highlights, Boston Tok alot of Traffic Shots that just drove both noronen and biron crazy, and 2 breakaways, One 2 on 1, And One 4 on 2

a Bad night for the defense.
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
          • Sep 2003

The 2nd period was the difference maker for the Bs. The Sabres were caught numerous times on line changes, and they just couldn't keep from turning the puck over in their own zone. The Bruins capitalized on every mistake Buffalo made.

As for the pseudo-question in the first post---I'd take Joe Thornton any day over Miro.

Comment

• solomon100
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by slruh
            right on solomon, we are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crap. As far as the "hardest working team in hockey". I'd take that team anyday. As much as we complained about Barnaby, he's still playing, with Messier usually, no less. The scrappiness made us forhet the bad games. They still fought hard. I didn't see tonight's game, so I can't comment on the effort tonight. Was it overall team play, or did Biron and Noronnen stink it up?
            Ill give it to ya slruh, the chicken salad analogy was much more fitting!! ahaha!

Anyhow, your'e right we traded barnaby for stu barnes and now we don't have either of these guys. little scrappiness and veteran leadership. Also whats this b.s. of alternating captains?>>
            That is real nonsense - how can you command "instant respect with a Decaffinated Captain" Who really can take a 30 day captain serious in the longterm. Look I like Ruff but I think that the 30 Day Captain " thing is a bit too much !!

How about you guys ???

Comment

• solomon100
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SkateZilla
              judging from the Highlights, Boston Tok alot of Traffic Shots that just drove both noronen and biron crazy, and 2 breakaways, One 2 on 1, And One 4 on 2

a Bad night for the defense.
              bad night for the team in general skatezilla- and to think that they now have 5 more days off before they play san jose-- Just what they need - a break on a hot streak
              UNREAL!

Comment

Working...
              X