PDA

View Full Version : Great article on Wyche/Mularkey

Romes
02-06-2004, 12:00 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/02/05/wyche.bills/

Friday is the day of decision regarding Sam Wyche's potential return to the NFL coaching ranks

So we should know tomorrow. It is about time it becomes official.

"We're kind of doing a trial run, to see if he's going to hold up,'' Mularkey said of Wyche on Thursday. "We've put him through a grind of talking a lot and being involved in all of our meetings. We'll ask him his opinion on this or that, and really are just gauging how he feels at the end of each day.''

Wyche in recent years has dealt with both a rare heart condition, one in which the organ suffers from a lack of oxygen, and the misfortune of having one vocal cord accidentally cut during surgery. His heart condition has improved and become manageable with medication. As for his voice, Wyche has continued to train it to deal with its decreased stamina and volume.

Finally a good description of what happened to Wyche, how he is doing, and what he is doing in Buffalo.

"So far, so good,'' said Mularkey, who got his start as an NFL assistant on Wyche's Tampa Bay staff in 1994. "We're trying to judge something that's tough to judge. It's probably going to be a gut thing. I'm not a doctor, but I feel strongly about Sam. I don't want to do anything to put his health in jeopardy."

Good news that everything is going well so far. Sounds like good chances that it will be official on Friday.

The Spaz
02-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Were with you Sam one way or the other!:up: Yeah health is more important than this job for sure. I do hope however he feels alright and decides to help us!:up: