• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills: Henson will be considered

News
    Count the Bills among the teams interested in scouting quarterback Drew Henson when the Texans unveil him to the rest of the league in workouts in Houston on February 12. Buffalo needs to address its future at the quarterback position, as incumbent starter Drew Bledsoe will turn 32 next week and is coming off the worst season of his career.

Views
    Behind Bledsoe, the Bills have just veteran Alex Van Pelt, second-year man Travis Brown, and rookie Greg Zolman from Vanderbilt. They'd be foolish not to consider trading a second-round pick for Henson, assuming he isn't completely lost due to several years away from the game. Of course, thanks to the Bledsoe trade with New England, they are also short quite a few draft picks.

That's all fine and good except were not short on draft picks!

================================================================================

The Buffalo Bills will be represented at quarterback Drew Henson’s workout next week in Houston, president and general manager Tom Donahoe said.

Henson, the former University of Michigan standout, is resuming his football career after a failed three-year bid at a Major League Baseball career. The one-time New York Yankees third baseman prospect had the final three years of his contract terminated earlier this week and was put on waivers Thursday.

• SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i'd rather keep the 2nd rounder.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
      • Jul 2002

2nd round way too early for mr. baseball

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
        2nd round way too early for mr. baseball
        not to mention that this is a strong draft for QBs too.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

That is fine if we consider him. I just hope we don't choose him.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

The more teams that show up the more pub he is to get. As a result it may make one of the teams in front of us (i.e Pittsburgh, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona) pull the trigger and trade for Henson and give a second rd pick which could mean someone falls to us in rd 2 or make a team with a need at QB not draft a QB in rd 1

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

The kid was very impressive albeit he wasn't in college that long. I don't know, if he has a kick ass workout and shows all the physical tool and more of these other QB's why wouldn't we want him? I know he's been out of the game a few years but hey, so was Roger Starbauch! Seriously though, he's only 24 and, although it was baseball, at least he has some professional sport experience. This may help him to better handle himself. I'd be okay with us picking him up if he's available just as I would with Phil Rivers. Either way they're riding pine for at least one full season.

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

Actually at this moment he is only 23 (:
                "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• helmetguy
                  Touch the helmet for luck
                  • Sep 2002

I'd still give the edge to Rivers. Henson doesn't possess the work product/game experience to warrant a first round pick, and trading anything higher than a third round pick would be a reach, as well.
                  Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                  And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills: Henson will be considered

Originally posted by The Spaz

Of course, thanks to the Bledsoe trade with New England, they are also short quite a few draft picks.

l[/url]

I love it when these national guys write a story they know nothing about

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Re: Re: Bills: Henson will be considered

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

I love it when these national guys write a story they know nothing about
                      I know I was scratching my head on that one. We got him a 1st round draft pick and that's it. I also have seen a few mock draft sites who don't give us a 1st round pick because of that trade still?:bug:

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

We got ripped off enough giving up one first rounder. I wonder how many picks that dork thinks we gave up for Bledsoe?

Comment

• elltrain22
                          • Sep 2003

Here's the thing i can't understand about Henson. How can a guy, who hasn't played football in about 3 yrs be generating so much of a buzz?? I know what he did in college, and i know that he could be a good qb, but don't you think it is silly that all these gm's are putting so much emphasis on a couple of workouts?? How bout him in a game situation, and then lets see how he does. He's not coming back to play qb for Michigan, he is playing in the NFL, and the last time i checked, it's pretty hard to play to be an effective qb in the nfl.
                          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                          X