PDA

View Full Version : Darren Howard and the 2000 Draft

Tatonka
02-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Despite what some think, I dont see it as a forgone conclusion that the Saints will franchise Darren Howard.

I really think he could be a good addition.. and since he was hurt last year, that will drop his value down some... it is also one of the reasons that i think N.O. may let him go... he has not put up franchise DE numbers.. yet.. other than his rookie season.

i am just getting real tired of drafting DE's that dont work out.. i want a stud.. we havent had one since bruce.. and that was a LONG time ago. We have drafted Eric Flowers, Corey Moore, Bryce Fisher, Arron Schobel, Ryan Denny and Chris Kelsey in the most recent past.. and only one has worked out... and that took 3 years to break 10 sacks.. just in time for him to be a FA next year.

was just looking at that 2000 draft that howard came from.. it will make you sick.

Guess who we too at 26...

26. BUFFALO DE Arizona State Erik Flowers 6-4 / 271
--Arizona's Erik Flowers made the most sweeping ascension up the draft boards. He was virtually unknown, until the East-West Shrine game. He beefed up his weight, posted very good work out numbers, and slipped into the first round. Flowers will give some much needed depth to the Bills' pass rush rotation

guess who was taken shortly after that...

30. TENNESSEE OLB Syracuse Keith Bullock 6-3 / 244
--Bullock is a terrific player. He can play inside or out. Ran a 4.43 forty. He has excellent shadow skills, able to cover TE's or running backs out of the backfield. While Tennessee is known for picking the best player/athlete on the board (which Bullock is), it is somewhat surprising that they did not go after Tennessee FS Deon Grant. Bullock will look good playing behind Kearse. Two years in a row, Tennessee gets an outstanding player at an outstanding value!

33. New Orleans DE Kansas State Darren Howard 6-4 / 280
--Sack artist who has first round talent. New Orleans grabs some defensive line help. Makes good sense, good value pick. Still have to question why they didn't take Redman here.

78. NY Jets WR Florida State Laveranues Coles 5-11 / 192
--Incredibly explosive. Coles has his history which kept him from going higher, but he is a big play deep threat.

80. Seattle(via Dallas) WR Florida Darrell Jackson 6-0 / 197
--Florida product showed flashed when taking over for the injured Taylor. Good routes, steady hands.

don137
02-06-2004, 05:22 PM
I remember that draft and screaming at the TV to take Bullock....