PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Crosby signs with the Patriots...

Ickybaluky
02-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.patriots.com/news/fullarticle.sps?id=28017&type=general

Can you guys offer any insight into the guy? I know some guys in here spoke pretty highly of him as a guy the Bills were developing into a lead blocker for Travis Henry. I know he broke his leg last season and was released with an injury settlement. Anything else you can offer?

The Pats have a hole at FB, with Centers likely retiring and Fred McCrary coming off a knee injury that IR'ed him last year. Crosby is younger than McCrary.

Was he any good on ST? Can he catch the ball or is he just a blocker?

nolimit
02-06-2004, 08:31 PM
average

Dozerdog
02-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Pretty much a young ST'er with decent blocking skills.

The Spaz
02-06-2004, 08:32 PM
He's adequate at blocking and receiving. Nothing special as a FB. He does play pretty good on special teams though.

Ð
02-06-2004, 08:32 PM
He didn't get in the game enough times to really get a handle on his ability.

socalfan
02-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Another ex-bill that will eventually get a superbowl ring.

Ingtar33
02-07-2004, 01:14 AM
he was 2 years away (before this last year) from being something special... he had all the tools to be a special lead blocker, and already was delivering crushing blocks.

who knows what this injury will do to his career though?

don137
02-07-2004, 06:49 AM
He won't get you many carries but like everyone else stated he is a good lead blocker, a good special teamer with the ability to make catches out of the backfield but won't do anything acrobatic to haul the ball in but what FB does?
I actually saw an autograph picture of him in the place where I got my pool table last year. The owner of the place was shocked that I knew who he was. Crosby bought a table for his townhouse here in Charlotte from there also.

saviorbledsoe
02-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Well.....he starts over Gash in Madden 04.

Ickybaluky
02-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the input...

helmetguy
02-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Well.....he starts over Gash in Madden 04.

Big deal!

User Manuel
02-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by NE39
Here is the link:

http://www.patriots.com/news/fullarticle.sps?id=28017&type=general

Can you guys offer any insight into the guy? I know some guys in here spoke pretty highly of him as a guy the Bills were developing into a lead blocker for Travis Henry. I know he broke his leg last season and was released with an injury settlement. Anything else you can offer?

The Pats have a hole at FB, with Centers likely retiring and Fred McCrary coming off a knee injury that IR'ed him last year. Crosby is younger than McCrary.

Was he any good on ST? Can he catch the ball or is he just a blocker?

Tough as nails. a Belichek type of player. I interacted with him a few times at work and he seemed decent enough. A good acquisition who should fit right in. Could turn into a productive, albeit, not spectacular role player for Pats.