PDA

View Full Version : Wyche is the QB coach of the BILLS

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-07-2004, 12:08 PM
I was watching the Sports on WKBWTV John Murphy said that Wyche would join the BILLS coaching staff look for him to be introduced Mon. or Tues. Wyche also spoke at a dinner last night and his voice sounded fine. :fabulous: :clap: :pow:

BigZ
02-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Hope you and Murph are right. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he would be a fine addition to the staff to bring along Brown and whoever we draft and to try to get Drew's internal clock working again.

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey you two. Haven't seen you guys around before. It may be a little late but :welcome:!!!

Your friendly moderator,
:miyagi:

BuffaloSkyMaster
02-07-2004, 05:34 PM
It's always a positive when you can add someone with previous head coaching experience to the staff. I am very pleased with the addition of someone who's been there before for MM to lean on for advice.:up:

If he has problems with his voice still, give him a freakin bullhorn :shout: Welcome to Buffalo Sam.

Tatonka
02-07-2004, 05:37 PM
welcome skymaster.

great news on wyche.

Lone Stranger
02-07-2004, 05:45 PM
The addition of Wyche matches that of McNally and speaks well of our new HC. Quite a difference from GW's original staff.

TigerJ
02-07-2004, 08:42 PM
I've said before, the biggest difference between Mularkey as a first year coach and Williams as a first year coach is Mularkey's willingness to have coaches on the staff who might know more than he does. Williams talked like he owned the world, but his selction of coaches screamed that he was insecure and afraid of his underlings showing him up. Mularkey will be a far better coach because he's willing to have such accomplished assistants as McNally and Wyche, not to mention Krumrie, Gray , and Blackmon.

helmetguy
02-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Williams always seemed to be talking down to everyone; as if to say that the only one who knew anything was him. Bringing in Wyche, to go along with the other good hires only shows me that Mularkey knows his limitations and isn't afraid to tap any source available for the betterment of himself and the team.

mchurchfie
02-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloSkyMaster

If he has problems with his voice still, give him a freakin bullhorn :shout: Welcome to Buffalo Sam.
Maybe Gregg's old bullhorn is laying around with dust on it in the equipment room somewheres.:eek:

35Pete
02-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Are we high on Wyche becasue of name recognition or because he was the QB coach that help develop Joe Montana?

cordog
02-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 35Pete
Are we high on Wyche becasue of name recognition or because he was the QB coach that help develop Joe Montana?

We're high on Wyche because hes a NFL Coach of the Year, was within 30 seconds of winning a SB, hes the mastermind behind the no huddle o, and because he has worked with Montana and Esiason.

mybills
02-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by cordog

We're high on Wyche because hes a NFL Coach of the Year, was within 30 seconds of winning a SB, hes the mastermind behind the no huddle o, and because he has worked with Montana and Esiason.

Sounds good to me! :up:

don137
02-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Let's see last year we had Kevin Gilbride as OC and QB coach with Ruel as Offensive Line Coach and Graves as WR coach (no knock on Graves but I believe believe due to health concerns he was away from his duties for a good part of the year).
We replace that with Tom Clements as OC, Wyche as QB coach, McNally as OL coach and Tyke Tolbert as WR coach.

What a difference a year makes. :up: