• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Shuffle the O-Line!

We need;

* O-Line help first and foremost, Ruben is way past his prime, Jennings needs to go back to guard, move Teague back to his natural left tackle spot. Price has shown his abilities on many occassions, he is starter quality, put him at the right guard spot and bring in a stud center. (Grove or FA) I like the idea of a Big Ben Troupe adding to the line, he is a great blocker and can obviously catch. There is no more pressing need than resolving the O-Line situation, get it done one way or another.
    * A WR (burner) to stretch the field, it is no coincidence our offense dropped off so much when PP left.
    * A QB to groom or take over by mid-season if Bledsoe is horrendous again, and he was horrendous the last season and a half. (Henson, Rivers, Losman, or Volek)
    * An impact DE or DT that can start now (Udeze, Smith, Wilfork, Harris), someone to put serious heat on the opposing QB, we need turnovers! I am not unhappy with our DE's and feel they need a chance to develop Kelsay, but depth at the D-Line positions is critical.

However these needs get addressed, whether it's FA or the draft, I don't care , there are a ton of options to get this done. Just Do It!
    Last edited by HAMMER; 02-07-2004, 01:16 PM.
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

the bills first move should be the signing of Chris Bober the NY Giant free agent- 6-5 -300....Nebraska-Omaha...Former Jim Mcnally Pupil...Who is a natural center......He should not be that expensive .. And with Mcnally here... he should welcome the move to Buffalo......Teague could move Lt and Jennings to RG Or Jennings To Rt And Williams to rg..

Bmax........

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

jennings "back" to guard?

when did he ever play guard. he was always a tackle.. even in college.

and i would trust anyone on the oline at LT above teague.. wow.. all our qbs would be dead by game 4.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i do agree that marcus price could be a solid starter.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I'd love to see Mike Williams at LT and move Jonas Jennings to the place he excelled at, as a rookie, RT.

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

Jennings played guard, tackle ,and even some center while at Georgia. I think he would be better at guard than left tackle. He would be better at right tackle than left tackle also. But as of now he is also the best left tackle on this team. Since #4 pick doesn't look like he will ever be a left tackle, Jennings will have to stay put. Unless they want to sign Jones as a f.a. left tackle and then move Jennings to guard. Actually that would be the best free agent move the Bills could make. Then use the 2nd or 3rd rd pick in this years draft to get another interior o-lineman.

Comment

• caveboy
              • Oct 2003

I like Jennings at RT. He seems to run block a lot better than pass-protect.

But, bigger thing is for me, at what point do you consider replacing him or sitting him just on account of all the damn holding penalties he makes? Holy penalty repeat the down Batman!

He has killed too many drives this year when we were on the verge inside the red zone. C'mon. I know you can look at Bledose and say he holds it too long, causing the line to have to hold blocks longer on average, but that's not totally it. Three years of this BS is enough.

#1 priority IMO when DB was picked up, was that Mike Williams should have been made LT permanently, (he said he could play either RT or LT with no problem), and that we should also get a monster LG to protect Drew's blindside.

Team has done NOTHING in that regard. Coupled with Drew's wonderfully ballerina-like foot skills, Drew has paid the price. Look how many time he was hit from the left and stripped of the ball. Rule of thumg TD: If you get a statue for a QB. then get a killer line to help him.

Oh, I forgot, it's not DB's fault he's a statue – it's the line's.

;-p
              Last edited by caveboy; 02-08-2004, 12:39 PM.
              "Your job is to protect your quarterback – me."

Comment

• Bmax
                • Aug 2003

TEAGUE Played left tackle for denver.. And he played well.....

Of COURSE WE COULD ALSO DRAFT CAREY AND PUT HIM AT RG AND LET GO OF REUBEN ....

but i would rather keep him for at least one more season..

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
                  TEAGUE Played left tackle for denver.. And he played well.....

Of COURSE WE COULD ALSO DRAFT CAREY AND PUT HIM AT RG AND LET GO OF REUBEN ....

but i would rather keep him for at least one more season..
                  Who would play LG if we let go of Ruben?
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

I beleive Teague only started at LT for one year and I really don't see him as beign anything special at that spot and we need a good one their for obvious reasons.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Relax guys - we've got McNally on the job now.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                      X