• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryguy8161
    BRING IT
    • Jul 2002

Brunell to Skins?

ESPN

I guess this knocks out the hopes of any Bills fan wanting to replace Bledsoe with Brunell.
  • hintexas
    • Mar 2003

This seems like a good deal for both teams if the Redskins do end up trading a 2nd round pick for him

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

at least he wont be going to the fish.. that is great news.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• hintexas
        • Mar 2003

I also think this eliminates one more team from choosing a Qb in the first 2 rounds. Buffalo should be able to get a good QB in the 2nd round due to teams choosing other positions of need

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

To bad we couldn't get Ramsey from the Redskins.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I wonder if Ramsey will be traded or be the back-up to Brunell. If Ramsey is to be traded what do you think he is worth? Personally, I think he is worth a second round pick...

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

I'd give up a 2nd round pick for Ramsey.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                I'd give up a 2nd round pick for Ramsey.
                same here..cause I was hoping we'd draft him before the Skins picked him up
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                  Touch the helmet for luck
                  • Sep 2002

Brunell to the 'Skins could also indicate that they want to give Ramsey a little more time to develop; kinda giving him a chance to catch his breath after all that Fun 'n' Gun stuff. Who knows?

As far as Brunell, it didn't look like he was ever in our sights in the first place. We know what Bledsoe is capable of, and his biggest liability is already corrected...we ditched Gilbride.
                  Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                  And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Ramsey would be a nice pick up in the sense he has a couple years under his belt so he could step in mid-season if Bledsoe blows goats (most likely) whereas a rookie would almost certainly struggle. Also, being 24, he could be a long term solution as well.

But, I would rather pass on him for a second (third I would do) because:

1. I think there are QBs that could be had in the second with more potential.

2. Having him be able to step in mid-season wouldn't be enough to get this team to the playoffs anyway.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                      Brunell to the 'Skins could also indicate that they want to give Ramsey a little more time to develop
                      I wouldn't say it is a forgone conclusion that Brunnell starts. After sitting out much of the year and not getting any younger, he definitely has to prove himself again.

I think they will most likely keep Ramsey on board. If they don't, they will have to draft a QB, just like the Bills would if they brought Brunnell in.

Byrd.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

I don't understand this move by the Redskins unless they are giving up on Ramsey. He performed well despite Surrier giving him no protection.

I'd give up a 2nd for Ramsey

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

I agree with Tatonka that this is good news. I did not want to see Brunell in Miami.

Comment

• helmetguy
                            Touch the helmet for luck
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
                            I wouldn't say it is a forgone conclusion that Brunnell starts. After sitting out much of the year and not getting any younger, he definitely has to prove himself again.

Good point. I was thinking the same thing-seconds after I had already submitted the last post! I can envision situations where Brunell might come in out of the bull pen if Ramsey struggles, on the one hand. On the other, I can see Brunell starting early on, until Ramsey gets his feet under him again.

Even if Brunell went to Miami, it's doubtful that he would be anywhere close to being that one last piece they were missing. Just the same, I'm glad he's not going there. I'd rather see Miami get stuck having to start Rosenfels.
                            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy

I'd rather see Miami get stuck having to start Rosenfels.

With the Bills luck he will be another Tom Brady

Comment

Working...
                              X