Can anyone find a link to Drew Henson's illustrious college stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Can anyone find a link to Drew Henson's illustrious college stats?

i am looking for a game by game breakdown.. season totals.. whatever..

i want to see exactly how many games this kid actually played and what all his numbers looked like.

funny thing is.. i know he had Anthony Thomas and David Terrell on his team the year he did start.. and it seems like they have been around for some time now..

i just want to actually see how all this friggin hype about the baseball washup started.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

I have no interest in Henson. I hope the Bills don't either.

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Not bad stats at all, granted its only one year but if you base it on that like the Ravens did with Boller hes a sure fire 1st rounder. Id too like to see a game by game breakdown to see if he got stronger and better if the season went along.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

thanks phil.. all i can say is HOLY CRAP..

this guy only started 8 friggen games in ONE season.. that was 3 years ago... he didnt even start a full 11 game college season..

it discusts me that people are so high on this kid.. he has never done a stinking thing.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

No prob I feel the same way. He hasn't done a thing in football to speak of. People who are so high on him are nuts
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

Note that the few people who like henson on this board are currently hiding in sum cave.:thumb:
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• socalfan
                Old Fogey from Cali
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                thanks phil.. all i can say is HOLY CRAP..

this guy only started 8 friggen games in ONE season.. that was 3 years ago... he didnt even start a full 11 game college season..

it discusts me that people are so high on this kid.. he has never done a stinking thing.

At Michigan underclassmen generally do not take the place of juniors and seniors; unless the juniors and seniors in your position are not able to do the job. Brady was a typical Michigan quarterback, and so there was no way Henson was going to replace him. During his first two seasons, the students were always calling for him to put on the field. But there was no way that would happen. At Michigan you get in line.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                  Note that the few people who like henson on this board are currently hiding in sum cave.:thumb:

Thats incorrect Im right here and have been the whole time...As for why people are so high on this kid b.c in only those 8 games he threw 20+ TD's for over 2000 yards and had only 4 INT's thrown. T i know you would like to see the production drawn out over 2 years or at least one full season but even you gotta say in only 8 games those stats are damn good. Now why am I so high on him? Because he has the "potential" to be a Trent Green, Marc Bulger type QB, with a litte more speed. Hes got the arm strength, the accuracy, and the velocity we have all seen that. You dont just lose that by playing baseball. My only question about the kid is whether or not he still has the footwork, the mechanics in his throwing motion, and the mental mindset to be a pro bowl type QB. Would a blow a 3rd rounder on him either as a pick or in a trade? Yea. A first rounder? No. Our second rounder? No, but I would deal a late one. The fact of the matter is that Drew Henson has the potential that we all look for in QB. Hes not near ready to start and for our team thats perfect because you know TD has already stated that Drew is his boy for this season. So we dont need a Big Ben or Eli who will just waste away on the bench. We need a kid like Phillip Rivers, Losman, Harris, Pickett, Clausen, or Henson that needs at least a year of sitting out to get close to being ready to play. Thats the 2 main reasons I like this kid.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

I am a big Michigan fan and I have to say that Drew was one of those quarterbacks that made you excited. He can make all the throws and he is very athletic. I would put him in the same sentence as Phillip Rivers but with a better arm. He is the ideal size 6'4" - 220. Don't judge the guy on his stats only. He had intangibles that you look for in a quarterback. If he had entered the '99 draft he would have been a top 5 pick. Obviously Drew is our QB for next season and bringing in Henson would allow him to get back to football. The Bills aren't going to make a move for him until they see what he can do. If they do acquire him it is for a reason.

Two things about Henson:
                    1. It isn't like he was sitting around for three years, he was playing a professional sport and he kept in shape.
                    2. Tom Brady was behind him on the depth chart.

Depending on what is given up for Henson is what will determine if he is a steal or not. I have seen more than one place that Henson would be rated in the top 20 of this years draft. If the Bills give a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a QB that would be in the top 20 in the draft, is that bad?
                    Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 02-09-2004, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

good point. seeing him play is why I wouldn't be upset if he came here.

Comment

• ryjam282
                        Offical Billszone Starting QB
                        • Mar 2003

It really doesn't matter that Brady was behind him in college. Brady was drafted in the 6th rouhd. Obviously no one was very high on the guy. He just happened to fall into the perfect situation and get coaches that know how to use him. Put him in Indy's offense and he is a nobody. Proof once again that it is the system not the player...A Joe Montana he is not

Ryan Withey
                        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          Two things about Henson:
                          1. It isn't like he was sitting around for three years, he was playing a professional sport and he kept in shape.
                          2. Tom Brady was behind him on the depth chart.

1. minor league baseball.. and we all know that there are no out of shape baseball players..

2. for 8 games.. in 2 years.

look.. the bottom line is.. i hear what your saying about "potential"... i remember rob johnson going 23-26 for 250 yards and 3 tds while playing for jacksonville... that was just before we gave up a stinking first round pick for him and gave him 25 million dollars for never doing a thing.

i dont care what potential one has.. until you can prove it for at least one year, you havent done squat.. look at his game numbers.. he had plenty of games that were very unimpressive during his 8 game stint... take a look.

Illinois - Made his 2000 debut, coming off the bench to hit on 8 of 17 attempts for 141 yards and a 57-yard touchdown to his favorite target, David Terrell. crappy game

Wisconsin - Inserted into the starting lineup, he connected on 15 of 27 passes for 257 yards and a game-winning 15-yard scoring strike to Terrell in a 13-10 decision. average game

Purdue - Threw for 256 yards on 26 of 35 chances with a pair of scores. above average game

Indiana - Gained 233 yards on 14 of 18 passes as he found Terrell with touchdowns of 43 and 27 yards. great game

Michigan State - Completed 17 of 37 tosses for 138 yards. horrible game

Northwestern - Bounced back to amass 312 yards on 23 of 45 tries with 4 touchdowns, including 11-, 10- and 22-yarders to Terrell and also ran for a two-point conversion. great game

Penn State - Totaled 212 yards on 14 of 29 passes and a pair of scores, including a 40-yarder to B.J. Askew, but had a career-high 3 interceptions. horrible game

Ohio State - Added 14 of 25 attempts for 303 yards and 3 touchdowns, including a 70-yarder to Anthony Thomas and also ran for a 1-yard score. great game

Auburn (Citrus Bowl) - Closed out his career with 15 of 20 completions for 294 yards and 2 touchdowns, including a 31-yarder to Terrell. great game

seriously now.. take a look at that.. dont tell me that he is really all that good.. 4 great games.. and look at the level of competition that those great games were against.. it wasnt like he lit miami up... and look at the weapons he had as well.. anthony thomas and david terrell were his main targets.. both ended up being high draft picks.

now compair that to what a guy like Ben, Eli, or Rivers was working with at their main skill positions. hell.. look at any of the qbs that are coming out this year.. none of them were working with 2 high picks at rb and wr.

and to top it off.. he had several HORRIBLE games in there as well..

i am sorry.. but giving up a high pick for this kid who has yet to prove whether this "potential" can even last a full season is gonna be a big big mistake.. we dont even know if he can string together 4-5 good performances back to back in college.. let alone the pros.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I know you're not giving a high draft pick on him. You have nothing to do with the decision. All I am saying is that I am not going to be upset if the Bills take a gamble on the guy.

I guess Peyton Mannings numbers against Florida would have made you not draft him either.

The Tom Brady thing was kind of a joke.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

manning isnt really a good example, because although he had some poor games.. he also won a national championship and had several great years in a row.

tom brady is actually a good compairison, because he was not a starter for that long, but it was longer than henson.. and he put up somewhat similar numbers... and you see in the end where he got drafted.. that is what i think of a guy like henson... he SHOULD be no more than a 3-4th round pick if you look at his numbers.. and i think that numbers are a much better indicator than potential.

potential got us rob johnson and eric flowers.. i just dont want to see us make that same mistake again..

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍