PDA

View Full Version : How bout trading down with NE?

User Manuel
02-08-2004, 03:41 PM
We could end up with a pair of first rounders. With Clarett and Jones and Perry seemingly filling a big "void" for the Pats, the 13 slot could become attractive, especially if they become sold on a player.. Also, losing the 2nd first rounder could actually benefit the Pats for Salary Cap reasons.

We would get 21 and 32 which we could wind up with a Will Smith, Gamble type player at 21 and take a shot at someone like Clayton with the 32nd pick.

We got Bledsoe so it isn't as if it isnt possible, whatta ya think?

caveboy
02-08-2004, 03:50 PM
They already got a draft present from us when we took DB. I don't see them giving it back to us, if I understand your point. I think Belicek loves the fact that he got rid of a statue and picked up some draft picks to boot.

As far as their cap goes, they may not be in trouble with the draft if they get someone out of the top 10. Top 10 picks command a lot more. Rookies can be signed for less and their bonuses added to the back-end of any deal. (Don't quote me on that – this sounds like a job for clump or Ebe.)

BADTHINGSMAN
02-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Patriots traded Bledsoe to us, because they knew Brady was ready to start.. So they got an extra 1st rounder for Bledsoe, that trade was pretty much a no brainer for the Pats.. I really dont think the Patriots will trade both 1st rounders to Buffalo for the #13 spot, then again I didnt see the Pats cutting Milloy a week before the start of the Season.. I think the only way the Pats would do that, is if they see the RB they want being in danger of getting selected before there chance..

BADTHINGSMAN
02-08-2004, 03:57 PM
[i] this sounds like a job for clump or Ebe.) [/B]

Lets hope they dont show up with capes on..

User Manuel
02-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by silent_one
Patriots traded Bledsoe to us, because they knew Brady was ready to start.. So they got an extra 1st rounder for Bledsoe, that trade was pretty much a no brainer for the Pats.. I really dont think the Patriots will trade both 1st rounders to Buffalo for the #13 spot, then again I didnt see the Pats cutting Milloy a week before the start of the Season.. I think the only way the Pats would do that, is if they see the RB they want being in danger of getting selected before there chance..

That is my sincere hope in this scenario. The only ones I see them doing it for is either Perry(who just reeks of being a Belichek type player) or if Clarett just blows them away.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-08-2004, 04:05 PM
It would be nice having 2 1st rounders.. If I were TD, I wouldnt give the Pats anymore help becoming a Dynasty..

JefftheBillsfan
02-08-2004, 09:26 PM
idk about you guys, but idk how much id be willing to deal w/the pats again. would you trade with the dolphins? i think this rivalry is going to get to that point at some point.