PDA

View Full Version : Senators vs. Maple Leafs

Valerie
02-08-2004, 07:25 PM
WOW! What a great game I got to see this past Thursday night! It had a little bit of everything, including an incredible come from behind win by the Leafs!:clap:

I haven't seen many hockey games live, but it's going to be hard to top this one. I would say that there were as many Leaf fans in the stands as there were Senator fans. The Senator fans really hate the Leafs. One sign that I remember said "Tie Domi = Me Idiot."

After the first 13 seconds when the Senators scored and then continued to score 4 goals in the first period, I thought it was going to be a totally boring game. I still can't believe the Leafs came back to tie it up with only a few seconds left in regulation. And then when Nolan scored the winning goal with only 30 seconds left in over time, it was amazing!!!!!

One of the Senators took a puck to his head, which broke his visor and took hiom out of the game. There was lots of blood!:down: I felt really bad for the guy. I guess he needed 9 stitches. There was one fight that I saw and one little wrestling match that Lloyd (aka Domi) was involved in.

The only disappointing part of the game was that Wade Redden didn't play. :( I guess he, along with half the Senators, was out sick with the flu.

Doug, Tie is not wearing a visor anymore. I guess he didn't like it. And I guess they're not too strong if that one guy had his broke by the puck.

It was a GREAT game and I couldn't have asked for a better ending. :)

realmendontwearteal
02-08-2004, 09:59 PM
that was a great game to close out the halfway mark of the season before the more than likely lockout when the NHL year is over...... i hope there is no strike

Myers57
02-09-2004, 07:39 AM
I heard the game was really good and that the injury really created a mess on the ice...

Valerie
02-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Afinogenov61 I heard the game was really good and that the injury really created a mess on the ice...
It did! There was a lot of blood!!!! It happened so quickly I didn't even see him get hit. He just went down, face first, onto the ice. And, when he got up there was blood everywhere. I felt so bad for the poor guy. :(

Aside from the blood, it was one of the most exciting hockey games I've ever seen. :)

Ð
02-09-2004, 01:03 PM
LOL, Jaded

When the Leafs play anywhere in Canada, Leafs fans usually outnumber the hometown fans in the stands. Sabres fans can attest to that.

Domi tried the visor, but doesn't want to pick up the instigator penalty if he decides to drop someone...if you start a fight with a visor on, then it's pretty much automatic that you get the extra two minutes.

northernbillfan
02-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Ð
\When the Leafs play anywhere in Canada, Leafs fans usually outnumber the hometown fans in the stands.

Same thing here.

The Habs too.

Valerie
02-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I didn't know that. I just found it strange that there were just as many Leaf fans in Ottawa as there were Senator fans. I don't think I've ever been to a sporting event where the visiting team had so many fans.

Originally posted by Ð...if you start a fight with a visor on, then it's pretty much automatic that you get the extra two minutes.
Why is that? Hockey is very hard to understand. I finally understand icing and unanswered goals!:up: I understand the penalties after the announcers explain them to me. But I usually miss them when they happen. I understand 2 minute penalities and I think it's 5 minutes if there's blood, right? I think hockey is harder to understand and learn than football.

ticatfan
02-09-2004, 03:47 PM
I will be at the hab game on satuday night,it should be another good one.

Twistmyarm
02-09-2004, 06:40 PM
And, when he got up there was blood everywhere. I felt so bad for the poor guy

there's no feeling bad for the guy in hockey!!!!!

Ð
02-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ticatfan
I will be at the hab game on satuday night,it should be another good one.

For the Habs

ticatfan
02-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Ottawa should win this one.At least my shoulder won't be taking a pounding this time.

BironsGirl43
02-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Sweet!! Glad you guys had a good time at the game. That's an awesome game to have witnessed live! A huge come from behind victory.. wow.. hehe.. too bad the Sens lost though.. :(

And J it depends.. a normal penalty like tripping is 2 mins.. then there are other situations.. for example if it's highsticking and blood is drawn.. it's a 4 minute penalty.. a major (fighting) is 5 minutes.. you can also get a 10 minute game misconduct or a full game misconduct

Twistmyarm
02-12-2004, 06:55 PM
And J it depends.. a normal penalty like tripping is 2 mins.. then there are other situations.. for example if it's highsticking and blood is drawn.. it's a 4 minute penalty.. a major (fighting) is 5 minutes.. you can also get a 10 minute game misconduct or a full game misconduct

ahhhh..A girl that understands hockey...be still my heart!:iluvu: :heart:

but don't tell my girlfriend ok?

Valerie
02-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43And J it depends.. a normal penalty like tripping is 2 mins.. then there are other situations.. for example if it's highsticking and blood is drawn.. it's a 4 minute penalty.. a major (fighting) is 5 minutes.. you can also get a 10 minute game misconduct or a full game misconduct
Thanks, BironsGirl. :) I am trying to understand hockey, but there are so many things I don't understand and so many things I miss because it goes so fast. But, I'm slowly getting it. :up: Football is MUCH easier to understand. lol

SABuffalo786
02-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Football easier to understand than hockey? I find that hard to believe.

It's simple. Put the puck in the net.