PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams, WR USC

L.A. Playa
02-09-2004, 02:39 PM
He could apply for draft now, would you draft him if avalable at #13??/ I would do what it takes to get this guy!!

The Spaz
02-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Not at #13 if he was there in the 2nd then yeah.

L.A. Playa
02-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Second round if Mike Williams declares he will be a top ten pick he is the best WR in the country has dominated at USC since he stepped on the field size strength speed and hands and a great route runner must be crazy to say he would be there in the second round

The Spaz
02-09-2004, 02:49 PM
2nd round this draft is deep as hell at the WR position. I don't care if he is worth 1st round talent to ther teams to me it wouldn't be worth the Bills drafting him at #13.

nolimit
02-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
2nd round this draft is deep as hell at the WR position. I don't care if he is worth 1st round talent to ther teams to me it wouldn't be worth the Bills drafting him at #13.

wow Spaz, what r u smokin bro? If Mike Williams came out it is arguable that he is the best wr in the draft! I would take him before Roy williams and Fitz.

eyedog
02-09-2004, 03:20 PM
He'd probably go in the top five picks, definietly top-10.

The Spaz
02-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I don't care that's my thought I don't like drafting undeclassmen that high there are exceptions yes but overall I don't like it. I am talking about the Bills mind you there probably would be teams this year that gamble but I highly doubt the Bills would.

eyedog
02-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Bills drafted an injured underclassmen in the first rd. last year.
Underclassmen this year: Taylor, Winslow, Roeth., R. williams, S. Jackson, jones, Fitz., all could go before the Bills pick at #13.

The Spaz
02-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes we selected Willis at #23 not # 13

nolimit
02-09-2004, 03:32 PM
the bills would be droolimg if williams was there at pick 13!

eyedog
02-09-2004, 03:39 PM
What do you got against underclassmen ? The reason most come out early is they are great players and will be drafted early. Anytime you have the chance to get a pro bowl type talent you draft him. Who cares if they are only Juniors. Actually it can be better because they last another year in the league instead of taking the wear @ tear out of their bodies in college.

SoCalBillsFan
02-09-2004, 03:41 PM
worthless discussion. He's staying. :D

The Spaz
02-09-2004, 03:41 PM
If I had it my way all players would have to have 4 years of college that's why.

hintexas
02-09-2004, 06:51 PM
If he comes out then a really good Wide Reciever is going to fall to the 2nd round and whoever it is, is who the Bills should take

shadowfax
02-09-2004, 07:39 PM
i'll bet my left nut. he's huge, strong, fast, mature, great hands, good kid, wants to be the best.

Tatonka
02-09-2004, 07:48 PM
ok.. mike williams is going to be a great wr... and he has already stated that he is staying at USC for another year.. so this converstation is purely academic (meaning hypothetical or theoretical and not expected to produce an immediate or practical result. :D)

"(1:00 PM): No draft for SC WR...Star Southern Cal sophomore WR Mike Williams is saying that he will not be applying to the NFL to enter the 2004 draft despite yesterday's ruling in the Clarett case which overturned the league's rule mandating that players be out of high school three years before being allowed to enter the draft. "
http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

but.. let me just say this..

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND TO EVEN CONSIDER TAKING WILLIAMS OVER FITZGERALD!!!!!!

fitzgerald is one of the best friggin wr prospects to come out EVER.

i think you all are high.

:D

ShadowHawk7
02-09-2004, 07:51 PM
If u don't like underclassmen, u wudn't grab Taylor, if he fell to u?? Now THATS crazy.

Tatonka
02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
taylor is the best player in this draft.

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Spaz fitzgerald is an underclassman. Would you not select him at 13?

The Spaz
02-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Spaz fitzgerald is an underclassman. Would you not select him at 13?

Did I not say there are exceptions?

the dude
02-10-2004, 01:41 AM
[i]

but.. let me just say this..

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND TO EVEN CONSIDER TAKING WILLIAMS OVER FITZGERALD!!!!!!

fitzgerald is one of the best friggin wr prospects to come out EVER.

i think you all are high.

:D [/B]

Hey T

I respect your football acumen but I've watched Williams a lot - and this kid flat out dominates everyone. It's no surprise that a rookie QB is successful over at USC even after Palmer left.

I'd be willing to bet that in 3-5 years, Williams will be a perrenial all-pro and as good, if not better than anyone else in the game. May not have LF's hands, but isn't that far off - and he's bigger, faster, stronger and just as much a competitor. Again this is just a hypothetical but if he were coming out this year, I'd take him before any other wideout.

I'd like to hear Ingtar's take ...

kill4bills
02-10-2004, 04:03 AM
i can guarantee that williams will be a better pro. where was fitzgerald last year. and to say he is one of the best wr prospects ever is stretching it. he is not as good as charles rogers or andre johnson and that was just last year. he isnt even close to moss status coming out of college. fitz is the real deal but will never be as good as williams.ever

nolimit
02-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm calling it now, Fitz will be a bust!

The Spaz
02-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by nolimit
I'm calling it now, Fitz will be a bust!

Sure he will.:rofl:

Bulldog
02-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by kill4bills
i can guarantee that williams will be a better pro. where was fitzgerald last year. and to say he is one of the best wr prospects ever is stretching it. he is not as good as charles rogers or andre johnson and that was just last year. he isnt even close to moss status coming out of college. fitz is the real deal but will never be as good as williams.ever

To answer your question about where was Fitzgerald last year :

2002: True freshman played in all 13 games and started the final 11. Amassed 1,005 yds and 12 TD's to become the first freshmen in Big East history to be selected a unanimous first-team all Big East performer.

Not too shabby. Larry Fitzgerald has earned all the hype he is given and will be far from a bust in the NFL.

I really haven't seen Williams enough to make a comparision between the two. All I know is the Fitzgerald is a stud!

tampabay25690
02-10-2004, 12:15 PM
How can anybody actually say that Mike Williams would be a 2nd rounder. He is by far the best WR in college football in my opinion. I know he is from the Tampa area, and I have been able to talk to people that know him. He will not come out of school and enter the draft, next year as a JR he will probably be the top WR and maybe 1st overall taken next year in the draft if he even does come out of college. Its pretty funny but the only reason he went to USC was because of Keyshawn talking to him.

SABURZFAN
02-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
How can anybody actually say that Mike Williams would be a 2nd rounder. He is by far the best WR in college football in my opinion. I know he is from the Tampa area, and I have been able to talk to people that know him. He will not come out of school and enter the draft, next year as a JR he will probably be the top WR and maybe 1st overall taken next year in the draft if he even does come out of college. Its pretty funny but the only reason he went to USC was because of Keyshawn talking to him.

welcome to The Zone tampa.

SoCalBillsFan
02-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog

To answer your question about where was Fitzgerald last year :

2002: True freshman played in all 13 games and started the final 11. Amassed 1,005 yds and 12 TD's to become the first freshmen in Big East history to be selected a unanimous first-team all Big East performer.

As a True Freshman in 2002, MIke Williams had 81 grabs for 1265 yards, a 15.6 avg yards per catch, and 14 TDs. Keep in mind that fitzgerald also took a year off between high school and college.

That's not a knock on FItzgerald, I just think Mike Williams will be every bit as good.

Oh and just to dispel the myth, WIlliams has repeated over and over that keyshawn had nothing to do with going to SC...

Bulldog
02-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

As a True Freshman in 2002, MIke Williams had 81 grabs for 1265 yards, a 15.6 avg yards per catch, and 14 TDs. Keep in mind that fitzgerald also took a year off between high school and college.

That's not a knock on FItzgerald, I just think Mike Williams will be every bit as good.

Oh and just to dispel the myth, WIlliams has repeated over and over that keyshawn had nothing to do with going to SC...

Yeah, those are some pretty impressive numbers Williams has put up. I wasn't posting Fitzgerald's numbers to put Williams down, I was just showing his stats for the poster who asked where he was the year prior to this one. Either way they are both tremendous talents who will some day make an impact in the NFL. But like I said, I have not seen enough of Williams to be able to compare the two. I don't really get a chance to see USC play much here in the northeast.

london59
02-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I realize that Mike Williams has already said that he will stay in school, but do not be surprised if he re-thinks this decision since the Clarett decision. Especially if he is projected to be a top ten selection overall. Injuries are always a concern and the posibility of getting drafted high and making millions is a strong argument for leaving early, even if he said he will not.

eyedog
02-10-2004, 03:00 PM
He has until this Sunday to enter I believe.

The Spaz
02-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
He has until this Sunday to enter I believe.

I think all underclassmen who havent done so by now have until March 1st.

eyedog
02-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks for that update Spaz.
If it is three weeks off he may reconsider. He will go early in the draft and that is a lot of money to pass up.

elltrain22
02-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Williams was the best Williams in the country last year. Better than Roy, Reggie, or whoever else. He has size, speed, and can figgen' catch the rock. If Fitzgerald could make the jump, then so could he, but will he, no. Why?? B/c he wants to stay at a great program, and learn under a great coach and a great system. Then, next year, he might go #1 in the whole ddraft.

Tatonka
02-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by kill4bills

didnt fitz set an all time record for consective TDs by a WR just this year.. something like 17-18 straight games?

The Spaz
02-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

didnt fitz set an all time record for consective TDs by a WR just this year.. something like 17-18 straight games?

Yes he did!:up:

Bert102176
02-10-2004, 10:01 PM
well if he comes out in this draft someone would pick him before we were on the clock so that would mean someone would fall to us

L.A. Playa
02-20-2004, 03:52 PM
GUESS I KNEW SOMETHING WILLIAMS IS GOING PRO !!!!!!!!! TRADE TO GET HIM