PDA

View Full Version : I love draft time!!

tampabay25690
02-10-2004, 03:32 PM
The Bills with the 13th pick in the 2004 NFL draft will select_____________!!!!! I am reading many different mock drfats and I don't think anyone can honestly say what the Bills are gonna do. My opinion is to grab Winslow if he makes it to the 13th pick, if he isnt I would take WIll SMITH DE Ohio ST. I think in the 2nd round we can still get possibly Jake Grove C V tech, or a Top receiver.

Let me know what you guys think will happen!!!

GO BILLS!

Ebenezer
02-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Welcome aboard TB25!

mypoorfriendme
02-10-2004, 05:13 PM
well, this is the majority of what we talk about here on BZ. so if you look at almost ANY post, it turns out to who we should draft. personally, my dream draft would be trade down to 19, get rivers there. and then pick up in the second round jake grove at 13 and devery henderson wr from lsu at 19. then in the third pick up ben watson the te from georgia or david ball de out of ucla

ShadowHawk7
02-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
well, this is the majority of what we talk about here on BZ. so if you look at almost ANY post, it turns out to who we should draft. personally, my dream draft would be trade down to 19, get rivers there. and then pick up in the second round jake grove at 13 and devery henderson wr from lsu at 19. then in the third pick up ben watson the te from georgia or david ball de out of ucla

:drool: That...wud...be...awesome...

mypoorfriendme
02-10-2004, 06:10 PM
:pray:
now if only every draft went as i had hoped (ill be lucky with one round going as wished for)

Bert102176
02-10-2004, 09:47 PM
from what I have been reading through ESPN, and other websites I honestly think either Ben or Eli one of them could be there for our pick I don't think the Chargers have givin up on Brees yet and I think the Cardinals are set on McCown.

The Spaz
02-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
from what I have been reading through ESPN, and other websites I honestly think either Ben or Eli one of them could be there for our pick I don't think the Chargers have givin up on Brees yet and I think the Cardinals are set on McCown.

I'll bet money that neither Eli or "Big Ben" fall past the #8 spot.:up:

TigerJ
02-10-2004, 10:17 PM
I love the whole draft thing too. The only thing I wish is that we could compress the whole process down to about two weeks. The waiting is excruciating. But then we'd still have to wait for minicamp after that.

tampabay25690
02-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Ben our Eli wont make it passed the 5th pick!!!

mypoorfriendme
02-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
Ben our Eli wont make it passed the 5th pick!!!

even if the chargers and cardinals decide to stick with their current qbs, this puts both of those teams along with the raiders and giants and really everyone way up there in a PRIME spot to trade down if someone like pitt or GB or the dolphins are looking to trade up

R. Rich
02-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
The Bills with the 13th pick in the 2004 NFL draft will select_____________!!!!! I am reading many different mock drfats and I don't think anyone can honestly say what the Bills are gonna do. My opinion is to grab Winslow if he makes it to the 13th pick, if he isnt I would take WIll SMITH DE Ohio ST. I think in the 2nd round we can still get possibly Jake Grove C V tech, or a Top receiver.

Let me know what you guys think will happen!!!

GO BILLS!

WE NEED OFFENSIVE LINE HELP FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!!!! After we address that with quality starters AND depth (maybe get our starting center and someone to compete for a starting job at guard in free agency, then draft one of the best guards in a draft that is stocked with good guard candidates), then we can look at other positions. As for Will Smith, I really hope we do not draft him. I just think he's one of those guys who will benefit from being moved to OLB, like Terrell Suggs and Peter Boulware. We can get a guy at DE in free agency. We've drafted 3 DEs in recent drafts, so I don't think we need to do that again. Jake Grove? While I do admire his talent, I wouldn't be comfortable with starting a rookie at center. We need an experienced player there.

Bert102176
02-11-2004, 03:18 PM
R. Rich the thing is I only think Gallery is the only OL guy that is worth a top pick for and he will be gone way before we pick

TigerJ
02-11-2004, 04:57 PM
I agree, the only way Buffalo gets an offensive lineman in round one is by trading down. If they do that, Vernon Carey is probably the man.

HenryRules
02-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Jake Grove? While I do admire his talent, I wouldn't be comfortable with starting a rookie at center. We need an experienced player there.

You mean like Dan Koppen? The Pats did okay with him starting.

If we get the right guy, and I think Grove is the right guy, then there's no problem starting a rookie.

mypoorfriendme
02-11-2004, 06:26 PM
look at jeff faine on the browns, a starting rookie center who worked WONDERS there. i like grove in the second if we arent going to address that need via FA.

HenryRules
02-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Seems like you missed this bit ... so I'll just remind you of it.

Originally posted by HenryRules
If we get the right guy, and I think Grove is the right guy, then there's no problem starting a rookie.

Teague didn't do that well for us and he wasn't a rookie.

If you don't have it, it doesn't matter how many years experience.

Jeff Faine will eventually be good, but I don't think he's as ready as Grove (although I do think Faine will be better in the long run).

And the whole assumption of the thread was Grove in the second, so we pretty much agree on that.

mypoorfriendme
02-12-2004, 12:39 AM
the bottom line is, we need to bring atleast one starter on the o-line which would enable us to move around other players. this is why id like vernon carrey in the first if we were going to go in that direction because he could play either guard or tackle.

R. Rich
02-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
R. Rich the thing is I only think Gallery is the only OL guy that is worth a top pick for and he will be gone way before we pick

I didn't mean a tackle, as I think our guys, meaning Jonas and Big Mike, are okay. It's the INTERIOR of the OL that needs upgrading in a big way.

Originally posted by TigerJ
I agree, the only way Buffalo gets an offensive lineman in round one is by trading down. If they do that, Vernon Carey is probably the man.

I, along with a lot of others, have been saying that for some time now. Trading down just seems the best option; we get a quality guard in Carey, who can possibly start and maybe even play at a high level, like LeCharles Bentley in New Orleans or Steve Hutchinson in Seattle, AND we get another pick to use for whatever looks good (maybe a DT, QB, TE, WR, whatever).

Originally posted by HenryRules
You mean like Dan Koppen? The Pats did okay with him starting.

True, Koppen did okay for them, but are we really attributing the Pats' success to Dan Koppen now? As for believing Grove is 'the right guy', that's fine, but I'd rather have the sure thing, meaning a veteran who is ready to lead the OL, than have someone who 'should' be good, then may turn out not to be.

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
look at jeff faine on the browns, a starting rookie center who worked WONDERS there. i like grove in the second if we arent going to address that need via FA.

Same as above. I am by no means downplaying the abilities of Jake Grove, just saying I would prefer that this team put an experienced player in the most important position on the OL. Just as we're happy to be getting experienced coaches and not talented 'teacher' who could be good, same goes for personnel, at least to me. I wouldn't mind it as much at guard, where they aren't as responsible for line calls and such, but at center I would feel much better with experience.

Bert102176
02-13-2004, 05:45 PM
I hate the time from the end of the season till the draft cause it causes so many dang ulcers