Who do you draft: Eli Manning or Ben Rothlesiberger??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Who do you draft: Eli Manning or Ben Rothlesiberger??

With all the talk lately about these 2 guys, who would you guys draft if you had a chance. Personally, I would have to go w/ Manning, just b/c the guy is gonna be a success. Big Ben has the skills, and all the tools, but will he be a great qb?

Could be wrong though...
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

I'll take Ben. Is it just me or is manning over-rated? I just don't see him putting up like his bro did in the NFL.
    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

I hear ya, but alot of people say that Manning ( eli ) has a better arm than his dad and Peyton, but we'll see. I saw Manning play alot in his college career, and i really feel from watching him, that he will be a success.

I also think that Big Ben has tremendous upside, and could in fact be the better of the two.
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Big Ben, w/o a doubt
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

I would have to do a coin toss to decide, but I heard on ESPN.com that the Cardinals are looking at Josh McCown to be their starter so I'm not sure they will draft a QB in the first round and well they do need help else where.
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
            • Aug 2002

so hopefully one of them could slip to us cause I think the SD won't draft a QB in the 1st either
            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

"Big Ben"

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I think for some this year might be too much of a reminder of the last time the was a choice involving a Manning. Of course, I'm talking about Peyton and Ryan Leaf. There are some similarities. Ryan Leaf was a little bigger, had a little stronger arm and was considered more athletic. Peyton was considered to be more polished and NFL ready having played college ball at a majore university (Tennessee). Ben Roethlisberger is a little bigger, has a stronger arm and is more athletic. Eli played for a bigger program and has more college experience. Despite the parallels, it's not fair to make the comparison. Eli and Ben deserved to be evaluated on their own merits. It is especially unfair to Roethlisberger to compare him to Leaf, one of the all time first round QB flops. I would go with Roethlisberger, though I have every reason to believe Manning will be very successful in the NFL.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

I would take Manning just because of the blood line. However I would never take a QB in the 1st round! The odds aren't there.
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
                    Blue and Gold perhaps....
                    • Dec 2003

eli will probally follow in payton s performance with some NFL expereince so i would go with manning
                    Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

How do you pass on a Manning at QB!!!!!!!!!!! It would be an honor to have a QB and a top athlete that just plays the game and keeps there nose clean!!!!!
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Sep 2003

manning... anything close to being like peyton? it shouldn't be a question, plus he played with better competition then ben did

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
                          Blue and Gold perhaps....
                          • Dec 2003

what confrence did rothlessburger play college football in
                          Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
                            what confrence did rothlessburger play college football in
                            The MAC the same one that produced Pennington, Leftwich and a few others.

Comment

Working...
                            X