PDA

View Full Version : Who do you draft: Eli Manning or Ben Rothlesiberger??

elltrain22
02-10-2004, 06:01 PM
With all the talk lately about these 2 guys, who would you guys draft if you had a chance. Personally, I would have to go w/ Manning, just b/c the guy is gonna be a success. Big Ben has the skills, and all the tools, but will he be a great qb?

Could be wrong though...

JefftheBillsfan
02-10-2004, 06:12 PM
I'll take Ben. Is it just me or is manning over-rated? I just don't see him putting up like his bro did in the NFL.

elltrain22
02-10-2004, 06:41 PM
I hear ya, but alot of people say that Manning ( eli ) has a better arm than his dad and Peyton, but we'll see. I saw Manning play alot in his college career, and i really feel from watching him, that he will be a success.

I also think that Big Ben has tremendous upside, and could in fact be the better of the two.

DraftBoy
02-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Big Ben, w/o a doubt

Bert102176
02-10-2004, 09:40 PM
I would have to do a coin toss to decide, but I heard on ESPN.com that the Cardinals are looking at Josh McCown to be their starter so I'm not sure they will draft a QB in the first round and well they do need help else where.

Bert102176
02-10-2004, 09:41 PM
so hopefully one of them could slip to us cause I think the SD won't draft a QB in the 1st either

The Spaz
02-10-2004, 09:48 PM
"Big Ben"

TigerJ
02-10-2004, 10:28 PM
I think for some this year might be too much of a reminder of the last time the was a choice involving a Manning. Of course, I'm talking about Peyton and Ryan Leaf. There are some similarities. Ryan Leaf was a little bigger, had a little stronger arm and was considered more athletic. Peyton was considered to be more polished and NFL ready having played college ball at a majore university (Tennessee). Ben Roethlisberger is a little bigger, has a stronger arm and is more athletic. Eli played for a bigger program and has more college experience. Despite the parallels, it's not fair to make the comparison. Eli and Ben deserved to be evaluated on their own merits. It is especially unfair to Roethlisberger to compare him to Leaf, one of the all time first round QB flops. I would go with Roethlisberger, though I have every reason to believe Manning will be very successful in the NFL.

kgun12
02-10-2004, 10:38 PM
I would take Manning just because of the blood line. However I would never take a QB in the 1st round! The odds aren't there.

realmendontwearteal
02-11-2004, 10:26 AM
eli will probally follow in payton s performance with some NFL expereince so i would go with manning

tampabay25690
02-11-2004, 10:45 AM
How do you pass on a Manning at QB!!!!!!!!!!! It would be an honor to have a QB and a top athlete that just plays the game and keeps there nose clean!!!!!

STAMPY
02-11-2004, 02:09 PM
manning... anything close to being like peyton? it shouldn't be a question, plus he played with better competition then ben did

realmendontwearteal
02-11-2004, 11:26 PM
what confrence did rothlessburger play college football in

The Spaz
02-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
what confrence did rothlessburger play college football in

The MAC the same one that produced Pennington, Leftwich and a few others.