PDA

View Full Version : Key to the game for the Texans:

WG
10-12-2002, 02:15 PM
STOP HENRY!!!

How, oh how, are they going to do it!

Based on the info we've received on some other threads, opponents are so worried about stopping Henry that Bledsoe apparently needs to call audibles on 1st and 2 and 2nd and 2 b/c opponents are stacking the line. At the cost of enormous plays by Drew I'm sure!

So this begs the question, how on earth are the Texans going to stop Travis and his awesome rushing game??

Can they possibly prevent him from rushing for 50 or 60 yards, 12 yards beyond his average of the last 4 games, so that he doesn't control the game the way he did vs. the Raiders, Broncos, Bears, and Vikes! :lol:

I just don't know how they're gonna do it. But no matter how you slice it, it's always better to allow Drew, Moulds, Price and the other receivers hook up for 400+ yards just so Henry doesn't amass 70 or 80 rushing yards.

:lol:

Thanks y'all...!

ROTFLMAO over here...

The Natrix
10-12-2002, 02:23 PM
:confused:

WG
10-12-2002, 02:26 PM
I'm still :rofl: MAO over here...

Henry could go 14 carries for 19 yards and those in love with him would be telling us how the Texans decided to allow Drew to have his day against them and how they decided, Capers in all of his collective NFL wisdom, felt impelled to stop Henry!

This REALLY is starting to get quite hilarious...

Novacane
10-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Wys.................I have not read any posts that would back up your statement of " those in love with him "

People just get sick of your constant bashing so they defend the guy!

Can't you stop beating a dead horse. Everyone knows where you stand! You've got to admit you don't have a real great track record when you look at your past crusades For RJ and against DB. Wrong both times!

casdhf
10-12-2002, 03:01 PM
He's just a dink. He's right up there with Creemore and Quiz. Just likes to harass people. :shakeno:

:D

:dink:

Ð
10-12-2002, 03:05 PM
No kidding :rofl:

justasportsfan
10-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
You've got to admit you don't have a real great track record when you look at your past crusades For RJ and against DB. Wrong both times!

He was wrong about DF and RJ too! ;)
And Sonny and Cher and ........

casdhf
10-12-2002, 03:38 PM
and Travis Brown. You cannot forget his man Travis Brown :D

Rebecky
10-12-2002, 03:51 PM
Whoa, why is everyone ganging up on Wys?

It's not Wys who's changed the topic of this thread from football to personal bashing . . . . .

All Wys did was post a FOOTBALL opinion that some of you disagree with, a FOOTBALL opinion of his own which evidently is not in line with the popular majority "group think" on this board.

What's wrong with that? Please tell me.

casdhf
10-12-2002, 03:54 PM
I hate Rebecky too. I think she loves wys. Lets get her/him. :D

:jk:

Ð
10-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Wys's posted opinion is what's wrong with this thread.

Ð
10-12-2002, 04:00 PM
And BTW, thanks honey...I can think for myself

WG
10-12-2002, 04:01 PM
LOL

cas,

A Dink! Wow!

Can you please define "dink." I'm a bit uncertain as to what that is.

B2R46,

Actually, I couldn't have been more right about Flutie there my man. It appears that I may also be right about Moore being better than JR too. That our DL would absolutely SUCK this year amidst a chorus of those telling me that I'm not a true fan! Who's right on the DL?

What about Watson? I've been saying he should have been cut in the PS. He stinks too. No, I've been right about much. But just like w/ Henry, you only have eyes for what you want to see/hear. That much is quite obvious.

I'll be right about Henry too. Time is on my side there. Unfortunately, I wish I were wrong. We really need a rushing game, and IMO, if we actually had one, we'd be 4-1 now, but at least 3-2. I really think we could have beat the Raiders too if we had one! Drew was forced into doing everything.

That shouldn't be.

Novacane
10-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Becky............We love wys! We just hate his opinions!

WG
10-12-2002, 04:03 PM
"Wys's posted opinion is what's wrong with this thread."

Actually, it's all the jilted Henry lovers who he's left standing out in the cold rainy weather w/ their pants down around their ankles who's inane justifications and "we love you Henry" posts defending his play no matter how horrible it is that is what's wrong w/ these threads.

;)

WG
10-12-2002, 04:04 PM
Don't leave me Travis! Please! Alright! You can mistreat me anytime you want to, but PLEEEAAASSE don't leave me!!

PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEE!!!

NOOOOO......

Novacane
10-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

B2R46,

Actually, I couldn't have been more right about Flutie there my man.

I never said anything about that little cancer Wys! Check back at my posts! I hated that little jerk too and still do!

If you crusaded for him to go than I applaud you on that one. I did'nt join the boards until after he was gone!

:earpoke:

casdhf
10-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Wys....If you had to chose one to remain a Bill who would it be:
Travis Brown or Shawn Bryson? :D

Ð
10-12-2002, 04:10 PM
The only one jilted is you, Wys. Last time I checked TH was the starting RB :rofl:

Sabre Ally
10-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Wys.........if I order a bottle of wing sauce, will you throw in some of your pain killers with it? :D

justasportsfan
10-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
Whoa, why is everyone ganging up on Wys?

It's not Wys who's changed the topic of this thread from football to personal bashing . . . . .

What's wrong with that? Please tell me.

I hope you realize wys was being sarcastic! In doing so he was trying to put Henry down.

WYS
"Actually, I couldn't have been more right about Flutie there my man. "

However, your mistake about Rob was bigger than you're being right about Flutie.

WG
10-12-2002, 04:31 PM
cas,

IDK. What you can't seem to get into your head is that I never said Bryson was the answer. That's why I can only assume that when you Henry Lovers hear me say I don't think he's cuttin' it, which plainly he isn't, then you auto-assume that I somehow love Bryson.

Here you go again w/ bizarre logic that says b/c Bledsoe is having a good season, the best of his career I might add, that somehow that implies that Brown sucks when you haven't seen more than 3/4 of a game outta him. Weird.

IDK. What do we need more, a backup RB or backup QB? It's a tossup!

BD,

"The only one jilted is you, Wys. Last time I checked TH was the starting RB"

And the thing that amazes me about all that is that Bills fans are actually happy about his starting. I'm not. I can tell you this w/ ALL certainty, that if the RB of a team that we were playing had played like Henry and their fans were saying how wonderful he is, you'd be all over it suggesting that he sucks. It's only b/c he's our RB that you love the guy!

I see things quite a bit more objectively and realize that he has actually cost us one win so far this year; kept a team that we should have blown away by 20 some points in the game singlehandedly, and did nothing else in another game to the point where there's some obvious disconnect to those who aren't blindly in love w/ Henry between the coaching and fan opinion of Henry.

If Drew and the coaches had that much confidence in him, then they'd be running him on 2nd and 1 and 2 instead of throwing. Yet we continue to throw. Why?

Novacane
10-12-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

If Drew and the coaches had that much confidence in him, then they'd be running him on 2nd and 1 and 2 instead of throwing. Yet we continue to throw. Why?

Because throwing is our strength! You play to your strengths!

:gobills:

WG
10-12-2002, 04:41 PM
I will suggest this:

The Cowboys Emmitt (who's over the hill now) rushed for 67 yards on 17 carries w/ the other Cowboy backs adding another 5 carries for 62 yards for a total of 22 carries for 129 yards.

Tomlinson had 84 and the Chargers 94 on a whole w/ only a fractin of the passing game that we have.

James added 88 for the Colts.

And the Eagles w/o a decent RB on the team, not one that's not washed up, managed by committee to amass 83 between McNabb and the RBs and 102 total.

So, given this monster air attack that we possess, and given that the Texan secondary and LBs will have their hands full defending against that, it would seem to me that Henry should be able to AT LEAST amass 90 yards w/ AT MINIMUM a 3.5 YPC average. If he can't do that this week, then this debate ends after the game.

We will have been the best offensive team that the Texans will have faced this season. There are no excuses.

I'm more concerned w/ how Henry's gonna run against the Pats, Phins, Packers, Chargers, Chiefs than I am about this one single game that we should be able to win if we didn't put an RB in the backfield the entire game.

This game should be an absolute blowout. If we do not win by at least 14 points, then we're gonna look pretty bad.

WG
10-12-2002, 04:42 PM
Yeah B2R46,

Conventional wisdom says you always throw the ball on 2nd down and short!

Uhhuh!

:rolleyes:

Some of the problems are starting to become much more clear....

WG
10-12-2002, 04:42 PM
Especially Long! That makes the most sense...

:rolleyes:

WG
10-12-2002, 04:43 PM
We should save Henry for running when?

On all 3rd and 15s then?

Novacane
10-12-2002, 04:46 PM
When there are 9 guys in the box to stuff the run and Moulds in 1 on 1 you throw to him every time!

You'd rather have them run into the teeth of the D and get one of those no gainers that you trash TH for?

Ð
10-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Well, duh :rofl: But you'd have to throw out the positive yards Moulds got because it wys supposed to be a running play :D

Novacane
10-12-2002, 04:54 PM

Kelly The Dog
10-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Overheard at dinner time by wys's next door neighbor...

"Dammit, honey, if you threw out this huge steak and my long-neck beer all we're havin' for dinner is a couple lousy potatoes and salad!!!"

Ð
10-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Hmmmm...could we somehow make the connection that it is the threat of TH running that has something to do with the fact that they are stacking the line of scrimmage to stop the running game ?

Gee, I wonder if that's been a factor in the defensive game plan of the vikings, broncos and raiders?

I'm not one to state the obvious....but :rofl:

BillsMan80
10-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Well, wys isn't exactly Mr. Optimism. Find me a RB in the NFL that can get going on a total of 12, 12, and 15 carries in game. NONE.

Shiny Chicken
10-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Hey Wys, your prediction might come true ;)