Ty Law on NFL Total Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aero II
    RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
    • Jul 2002

Ty Law on NFL Total Access

Terrell Davis was interviewing the 3 Pats that went to the Pro Bowl and Ty Law was wearing a White Bills shirt. Is he simply supporting his former teammates or is he advertising to TD that he wants to suit up next to Milloy if released?

If anyone catches the relplay, it happens about 25 minuits into the show.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

The way things have been unfolding I would not be suprised at all if we replace winfield with law during the offseason.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The Quebecer
      • Jan 2003

That would be so great!
      Law, Clements, Milloy, Wire!
      Bring the heat!
      "Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few engage in it!"

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
      In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response.
      In those choices lie our growth and our hapiness."

"If you don't take care of your health now, you will undoubtly have to deal with your illness later!"

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
        • Apr 2003

wire at FS??
        the dude abides

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

while my heart wants wire at fs.. i just dont see it happening.. i would think that malloy w/ his experience would be better at fs..

but i am sure that a scrub like izell reese will be back there and wire will be on the bench.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

The way I look at that is either Law wants to be a Bill or he's telling New England to get working on a new contract or he's not going to hesitate to go somewhere else.
            Last edited by The Spaz; 02-10-2004, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
              The way I look at that is either Law wants to be or he's telling New England to get working on a new contract or he's not going to hesitate to go somewhere else.
              I think he's under contract to the Pats for next year and possibly longer, so it's more up to them whether or not he goes somewhere else.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

He's not a FA- but was under consideration as a salcap cut- but his play in the post season could change that.

He could restructure, and so could Brady

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

I bet Law did that on purpose. He is very savvy when it comes to contract negotiations, and he knows his contract will be the subject of negotiation soon. He probably was sended a not -so-subtle message.

Of course, it could be a harmless coincidence. He is very good friends with Milloy, and could be wearing the shirt because of that (was it Milloy's number?).

BTW, if Law is cut, you better believe he is going to get top dollar wherever he signs. His agents are the Poston brothers (same as Milloy), and my guess is they will be looking for a bonus in excess of $15M. They are the agents for SF LB Julian Peterson, and reportedly are asking the 49ers for a $20M+ signing bonus (based on the contract they negotiated for Lavar Arrington). SF will franchise Peterson.

Also - Law grew up in Pennsylvania and rooted for the Steelers as a kid.

Comment

• thenry20
                    • Jan 2004

Given the poor performance by Winfield the past two years, I would have to say that this would be an upgrade at the position.

However, what side does Law play? I hope it's not on Clements side so he wouldn't be forced to move to the other side.

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                      wire at FS??
                      As much as we/I love Wire i dont see it.
                      but.........
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by thenry20
                        Given the poor performance by Winfield the past two years, I would have to say that this would be an upgrade at the position.
                        are you kidding?? winfield i think is one of the most underrated corner in the leauge and remember, just because he never picks the ball off doesnt mean hes not doing his job. for everything he may have lacked coverage wise, he definetly made up for with all of his sure tackles on huge TE's and RB's
                        the dude abides

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                          • Apr 2003

and yeah, i am a huge coy wire fan and even more so after the milloy deal. wire now sees only limited defensive action but every single time i see him on special teams, he is pumped. that says a TON about his character and i (and hopefully the bills too) would love to have any sort of player like that in their franchise. coy worked his tail off all summer only to get his starting spot taken away at the very last second and he still maintained grace and accepted the fact that milloy might be the better player as of now. wire is the epitome of a team player and i love it. (not to mention hes one helluva football player)
                          the dude abides

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Few CBs would look good when they are forced to play Prevent all game long.
                            However, what side does Law play? I hope it's not on Clements side so he wouldn't be forced to move to the other side.
                            I don't think it matters. Not every team plays their CBs that way like we used to. Many teams stick their best CB on the opponent's best WR no matter what side of the field he's on.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                              and yeah, i am a huge coy wire fan and even more so after the milloy deal. wire now sees only limited defensive action but every single time i see him on special teams, he is pumped. that says a TON about his character and i (and hopefully the bills too) would love to have any sort of player like that in their franchise. coy worked his tail off all summer only to get his starting spot taken away at the very last second and he still maintained grace and accepted the fact that milloy might be the better player as of now. wire is the epitome of a team player and i love it. (not to mention hes one helluva football player)
                              i agree!
                              i am still holding out hope that Wire will get a chance to play FS next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X