PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law on NFL Total Access

Aero II
02-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Terrell Davis was interviewing the 3 Pats that went to the Pro Bowl and Ty Law was wearing a White Bills shirt. Is he simply supporting his former teammates or is he advertising to TD that he wants to suit up next to Milloy if released?

If anyone catches the relplay, it happens about 25 minuits into the show.

Romes
02-10-2004, 07:51 PM
The way things have been unfolding I would not be suprised at all if we replace winfield with law during the offseason.

The Quebecer
02-10-2004, 08:03 PM
That would be so great!
Law, Clements, Milloy, Wire!
Bring the heat!

mypoorfriendme
02-10-2004, 08:23 PM
wire at FS?? :scratch:

Tatonka
02-10-2004, 08:35 PM
while my heart wants wire at fs.. i just dont see it happening.. i would think that malloy w/ his experience would be better at fs..

but i am sure that a scrub like izell reese will be back there and wire will be on the bench.

The Spaz
02-10-2004, 08:47 PM
The way I look at that is either Law wants to be a Bill or he's telling New England to get working on a new contract or he's not going to hesitate to go somewhere else.

HenryRules
02-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
The way I look at that is either Law wants to be or he's telling New England to get working on a new contract or he's not going to hesitate to go somewhere else.

I think he's under contract to the Pats for next year and possibly longer, so it's more up to them whether or not he goes somewhere else.

Dozerdog
02-10-2004, 09:05 PM
He's not a FA- but was under consideration as a salcap cut- but his play in the post season could change that.

He could restructure, and so could Brady

Ickybaluky
02-10-2004, 09:11 PM
I bet Law did that on purpose. He is very savvy when it comes to contract negotiations, and he knows his contract will be the subject of negotiation soon. He probably was sended a not -so-subtle message.

Of course, it could be a harmless coincidence. He is very good friends with Milloy, and could be wearing the shirt because of that (was it Milloy's number?).

BTW, if Law is cut, you better believe he is going to get top dollar wherever he signs. His agents are the Poston brothers (same as Milloy), and my guess is they will be looking for a bonus in excess of $15M. They are the agents for SF LB Julian Peterson, and reportedly are asking the 49ers for a $20M+ signing bonus (based on the contract they negotiated for Lavar Arrington). SF will franchise Peterson.

Also - Law grew up in Pennsylvania and rooted for the Steelers as a kid.

thenry20
02-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Given the poor performance by Winfield the past two years, I would have to say that this would be an upgrade at the position.

However, what side does Law play? I hope it's not on Clements side so he wouldn't be forced to move to the other side.

:clap:

Marvelous
02-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
wire at FS?? :scratch:
As much as we/I love Wire i dont see it.
but.........:beer:

mypoorfriendme
02-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by thenry20
Given the poor performance by Winfield the past two years, I would have to say that this would be an upgrade at the position.

are you kidding?? winfield i think is one of the most underrated corner in the leauge and remember, just because he never picks the ball off doesnt mean hes not doing his job. for everything he may have lacked coverage wise, he definetly made up for with all of his sure tackles on huge TE's and RB's

mypoorfriendme
02-11-2004, 12:45 AM
and yeah, i am a huge coy wire fan and even more so after the milloy deal. wire now sees only limited defensive action but every single time i see him on special teams, he is pumped. that says a TON about his character and i (and hopefully the bills too) would love to have any sort of player like that in their franchise. coy worked his tail off all summer only to get his starting spot taken away at the very last second and he still maintained grace and accepted the fact that milloy might be the better player as of now. wire is the epitome of a team player and i love it. (not to mention hes one helluva football player)

The_Philster
02-11-2004, 03:12 AM
Few CBs would look good when they are forced to play Prevent all game long.

However, what side does Law play? I hope it's not on Clements side so he wouldn't be forced to move to the other side.

I don't think it matters. Not every team plays their CBs that way like we used to. Many teams stick their best CB on the opponent's best WR no matter what side of the field he's on.

shelby
02-11-2004, 04:35 AM
and yeah, i am a huge coy wire fan and even more so after the milloy deal. wire now sees only limited defensive action but every single time i see him on special teams, he is pumped. that says a TON about his character and i (and hopefully the bills too) would love to have any sort of player like that in their franchise. coy worked his tail off all summer only to get his starting spot taken away at the very last second and he still maintained grace and accepted the fact that milloy might be the better player as of now. wire is the epitome of a team player and i love it. (not to mention hes one helluva football player)

i agree!
i am still holding out hope that Wire will get a chance to play FS next season.:pray:

Aero II
02-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by NE39
Of course, it could be a harmless coincidence. He is very good friends with Milloy, and could be wearing the shirt because of that (was it Milloy's number?).

It wasn't a jersey, just a team T-Shirt.

Ickybaluky
02-11-2004, 05:19 AM
However, what side does Law play?

He has always been a right CB. However, there are times he is moved around to match up on the other team's best WR.

Law is such a good technique player and a guy that plays smart, so it would seem to me he would be able to transition to the left side.

Aero II
02-11-2004, 05:31 AM
the NFL Network just replayed the interview (it will be on another 7 times, so catch it if you can)
Davis asked about the adversity at the beginning of the season and the only one to respond was Law.

Ty said that Harrison was a great safety and that he was brought in to play with he and Lawyer. He was shocked at Milloy being cut because they all worked together in the off season and then they had to adjust to a new teammate.

Buffalo got a great player in Milloy.

The Milloy had to make a business decission.

"Quite a few of the guys on this team will have to make that same decission this offseason."

Just sounds like Ty is ready to play hardball like Lawyer did and is prepared to leave NE if he feels that he isn't being treated fairly.

don137
02-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Seymour and Law are the two players on defense NE can least afford to let go with Bruschi third. I think that Bellichick will do the same thing to Law that he did to Milloy. Bellichick is not afraid of cutting a star player and has the mentality of one player is not bigger than the whole team. So far it has worked for Bellichick so who am I to question him....Remember when he was in Cleveland he cut one of the most popular players in team history- local product Bernie Kosar...

Michael82
02-11-2004, 08:41 AM
The only problem is...do we have enough money to show him? He's going to want a HUGE contract and it might stop us from upgrading at other positions.

DraftBoy
02-11-2004, 10:10 AM
IF we can get Brown, Bledsoe to restructure, I think we could make a cap friendly back loaded deal for when those 2 are gone. Would be nice and then I wouldnt fret so much about losing Winfield...Otherwise Im still worried about it.

The_Philster
02-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
IF we can get Brown, Bledsoe to restructure, I think we could make a cap friendly back loaded deal for when those 2 are gone.

that talk about back-loaded deals is frightening...it's just what Butler did with contracts and look what happened.

elltrain22
02-11-2004, 04:33 PM
I still think, one way or another Law will still be in NE next year, but i would love to see him in a bills unie.

mypoorfriendme
02-11-2004, 06:30 PM
simple economics say the more abundant a source is, the less valuable it is. the FA is flooded with awesome talents this year at CB arguably the best cb's in the league are all FA's: charles woodson, champ bailey, shawn springs, and troy vincent

thenry20
02-12-2004, 01:56 AM

are you kidding?? winfield i think is one of the most underrated corner in the leauge and remember, just because he never picks the ball off doesnt mean hes not doing his job. for everything he may have lacked coverage wise, he definetly made up for with all of his sure tackles on huge TE's and RB's

I meant that he got beat alot downfield more than he did his first 2-3 years bro!

This hasn't happened to Nate since he was a rookie.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and whis we could keep him. I've read other posts about his wife wanting to leave town on other boards but I take this with a grain of salt.

I'm hoping that he would like to stay here. I think our defense would suffer next year without him!

thenry20
02-12-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Few CBs would look good when they are forced to play Prevent all game long.

I don't think it matters. Not every team plays their CBs that way like we used to. Many teams stick their best CB on the opponent's best WR no matter what side of the field he's on.

Have you noticed that the Bills defense hardly ever moves their corners around to defend the opposing team's better WR's?

I can remember Levy's and Wade's teams not doing this!

The_Philster
02-12-2004, 03:08 AM
Have you noticed that the Bills defense hardly ever moves their corners around to defend the opposing team's better WR's?

I can remember Levy's and Wade's teams not doing this!

I've noticed...I think they moved them around a little bit during the Williams regime but the fact that they never did it during the Phillips regime is why Ken Irvin struggled before he left. He had played LCB his entire career until Winfield took over that spot and he was subsequently moved to RCB to take over for the departed Thomas Smith.