Lets keep Winfield!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Lets keep Winfield!

Winfield is a much better cover man than u guyz will give him credit for. He's also the best tackling corner in the whole league. If he's worth his salt, he'll resign for not too much, cuz he knows how full the market is. Winfield has shut many great recievers. So wut that he makes one pick a year. The person I'd like to see step up wud be Clements. I'd say AT LEAST 6 picks next year, or he's gone. A 7-pick Clements wud be the PERFECT complement to Winfield. NC is a physical conver who makes plays, but should make more. He's a good pash rusher, very good in run coverage, good in coverage, and a pretty good tackler. Terrance Mcgee also plays in the equation. A very sure tackler and blitzer, who also made 2 very cool picks, showing excellent potential. One of my new fav. players. Needs to work on covering and run coverage skills, but i think that'll come naturally. Also a great special teamer both as a gunner, and returner; showing he'll do wutever to help his team. Come 2005, Winfield gets a pick or two, Clements gets 6 and a TD, Mcgee gets 2 or 3, and Milloy gets 2, and we got a effin scary secondary!!!

I can't wait for next year.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I'm with you man!

I'll add that he's taken a lot of hear for "not really wanting to play in Buffalo."

But every quote I read, indicates that he likes it here and wants to stay.

One quote of his, "I want to play for a contender" is always brought up. Well he didn't say he wouldn't play for the Bills. He said he wants to go to the playoffs. It was more out of frustration than a jab at the Bills./
    Last edited by LtBillsFan66; 02-10-2004, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
      But every quote I read, indicates that he likes it here and wants to stay.
      I've seen him after a couple games (Simon Cast) and his attutude was poor at best.
      Other teams will want him for his tackling skills regardless of the market. I'm done with him.
      Cmon guys you saw him get tourched last season.... I'm not a Winfield hater, i just want a CB who can generate picks not tackle. Clements is a solid tackler imo...
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

I say keep him also, IF he isn't looking for top 5 money. Top 10 ok, his lack of interceptions hurts him making top 5 money. If we are going to pay top 5 money, I want it all, tackles interceptions, pass breakups, coveage shills, everything! There are CB's out there that do all that. Winfield has all the qualities I mentioned, BUT interceptions and that's the big missing in his paly!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

I disagree about him being the total package - int's
          He gets burned more then a little bit. And the int's are a big deal.
          How long ago was that NE game when he had one?
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sippio
            I disagree about him being the total package - int's
            He gets burned more then a little bit. And the int's are a big deal.
            How long ago was that NE game when he had one?
            All CB's get burned now and again. It's just the nature of the position. How many times have you heard from the booth. CB's have to have short memories? He doesn't get burned that much.
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Marvelous
              • Feb 2004

We need a stat guru for some CB stats.
              GO BILLS!!! NE
              Magical Trevor

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

TACKLES INTERCEPTIONS FUMBLE REC
                Player G Total Solo Assts Sacks No Yds Avg TD No TD

Antoine Winfield 16 124 109 15 1.0 1 11 11.0 0 0 0
                Chris Mcalister 15 53 43 10 0.0 3 93 31.0 1 0 0
                Champ Bailey 16 75 71 4 0.0 2 2 1.0 0 2 0
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

109 solo is impressive. We need stats on his coverage. lol good luck finding those.
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

That last game against NE, Clements got shown up by Givens, as Givens just pushed Clements away and made a TD.. Clements needs to tackle better and Winfield needs to get some INT's.. If Buffalo is gonna pay top 5 CB money then it better be to either Law or Bailey..

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                      All CB's get burned now and again.
                      More so when they are playing Prevent. I think the Winfield bashers haven't watched him play all that much...either that or they think that 7-10 yards off the LOS is the customary spot for a CB to play in.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

No way Winfield deserves top 5 money. He is probably one of the best at his position in tackling but is very mediocre in coverage and one of the worst in the league at INTs. You add it up and he deserves to be paid somewhere in the 10-15 spot at his position. While his skills would be missed, he is not the type of player you break the bank to re-sign.

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

F' Winfield! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. He is the most overrated TACKLING CB in the league.

He couldnt catch a ball if he had duct tape for hands!

Comment

• wbat27
                            • Apr 2003

I want champ for that kind of money he is the best in the league

Comment

• ryven
                              • Jan 2003

personally if winfield was able to play closer to the LOS he would be able to jam him at the line and slow down the WR again our CB played 10 yards off the line and by that time WR could be running at full speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X