TheGhostofJimKelly
02-11-2004, 09:12 AM
I just got the news.

Philagape
02-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Confirmed via AP. It's Murph.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I hope Marv joins him and does the color commentary. But no one will live up to what Van Miller did.

The Spaz
02-11-2004, 11:37 AM
I don't want Smerlas he doesn't even like the Bills he bashes them in newspapers.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-11-2004, 01:55 PM
John Murphy Play by Play and Marv Levy as color commentary WNSA is reporting this but I can't find a link or anything to confirm this nothing on WNSA's site.

Historian
02-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Murph is the logical choice, hes got good diction, and is a Buffalo broadcast legend in the making. I just hope they don't pair him up with that God-awful Paul Peck, or even worse that Gurtler, who was canned by the Sabres.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Doesn't John Gurtler do the PA at the Ralph?

Bert102176
02-11-2004, 04:05 PM
I think Murphy will be good but no on can ever truely replace Van Miller

Dozerdog
02-11-2004, 04:07 PM
I beleive Miller may still be a part of the telecasts next season, in a minor role

elltrain22
02-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Even though some may argue, i am still really gonna miss Van Miller, but Murf' will do.

chubluv
02-11-2004, 09:59 PM
:fabulous: I'm glad murph got the job & unlike some others I would love to have smearles be the color guy. Fred & Murph were an awesome team when they did a radio show together. If its not Smearles, I hope its not Paul Peck or Glenn parker I cant stand them two guys...

:gobills:

Jeff1220
02-12-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by chubluv
:fabulous: I'm glad murph got the job & unlike some others I would love to have smearles be the color guy. Fred & Murph were an awesome team when they did a radio show together. If its not Smearles, I hope its not Paul Peck or Glenn parker I cant stand them two guys...

:gobills:

Smerlas is, and will always be, a Patsie. He loves the Patriots way more than any ex-Bill should. When I used to have the full sports package on DirecTV, he was one of the hosts of the New England Sports Report (or something like that) on the Boston Fox Sports channel. The guy was up Brady's and Billicek's butts even furthur than Simms. He's also a big Flutie fan (again, the Bahston roots) which seems to have caused him to be a bit overly critical of the organization as a whole. And we all know, that neither of the QBs from that era were any good anyway.

As for Glenn Parker, he's got a much bigger gig now on the NFL Network. He does analysis with Sterling Sharp on NFL Playbook (sort of like the Jaworski/Hodge show on ESPN)

The Spaz
02-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220

Smerlas is, and will always be, a Patsie. He loves the Patriots way more than any ex-Bill should. When I used to have the full sports package on DirecTV, he was one of the hosts of the New England Sports Report (or something like that) on the Boston Fox Sports channel. The guy was up Brady's and Billicek's butts even furthur than Simms. He's also a big Flutie fan (again, the Bahston roots) which seems to have caused him to be a bit overly critical of the organization as a whole. And we all know, that neither of the QBs from that era were any good anyway.

As for Glenn Parker, he's got a much bigger gig now on the NFL Network. He does analysis with Sterling Sharp on NFL Playbook (sort of like the Jaworski/Hodge show on ESPN)

Exactly that's why I don't want Smerlas he's 2 faced.