• TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

John Murphy is the next play by play

I just got the news.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Confirmed via AP. It's Murph.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

I hope Marv joins him and does the color commentary. But no one will live up to what Van Miller did.
      Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 02-11-2004, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I don't want Smerlas he doesn't even like the Bills he bashes them in newspapers.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

John Murphy Play by Play and Marv Levy as color commentary WNSA is reporting this but I can't find a link or anything to confirm this nothing on WNSA's site.
          Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 02-11-2004, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Murph is the logical choice, hes got good diction, and is a Buffalo broadcast legend in the making. I just hope they don't pair him up with that God-awful Paul Peck, or even worse that Gurtler, who was canned by the Sabres.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Doesn't John Gurtler do the PA at the Ralph?

Comment

• Bert102176
                • Aug 2002

I think Murphy will be good but no on can ever truely replace Van Miller
                lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I beleive Miller may still be a part of the telecasts next season, in a minor role

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

Even though some may argue, i am still really gonna miss Van Miller, but Murf' will do.
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• chubluv
                      BillsZone bowling team MVP
                      • Jan 2003

:fabulous: I'm glad murph got the job & unlike some others I would love to have smearles be the color guy. Fred & Murph were an awesome team when they did a radio show together. If its not Smearles, I hope its not Paul Peck or Glenn parker I cant stand them two guys...

We are in 5th place
                      Clump is on the IR
                      Chubluv average is 167
                      Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                      Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                        H to the 12:20
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chubluv
                        :fabulous: I'm glad murph got the job & unlike some others I would love to have smearles be the color guy. Fred & Murph were an awesome team when they did a radio show together. If its not Smearles, I hope its not Paul Peck or Glenn parker I cant stand them two guys...

Smerlas is, and will always be, a Patsie. He loves the Patriots way more than any ex-Bill should. When I used to have the full sports package on DirecTV, he was one of the hosts of the New England Sports Report (or something like that) on the Boston Fox Sports channel. The guy was up Brady's and Billicek's butts even furthur than Simms. He's also a big Flutie fan (again, the Bahston roots) which seems to have caused him to be a bit overly critical of the organization as a whole. And we all know, that neither of the QBs from that era were any good anyway.

As for Glenn Parker, he's got a much bigger gig now on the NFL Network. He does analysis with Sterling Sharp on NFL Playbook (sort of like the Jaworski/Hodge show on ESPN)

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220

Smerlas is, and will always be, a Patsie. He loves the Patriots way more than any ex-Bill should. When I used to have the full sports package on DirecTV, he was one of the hosts of the New England Sports Report (or something like that) on the Boston Fox Sports channel. The guy was up Brady's and Billicek's butts even furthur than Simms. He's also a big Flutie fan (again, the Bahston roots) which seems to have caused him to be a bit overly critical of the organization as a whole. And we all know, that neither of the QBs from that era were any good anyway.

As for Glenn Parker, he's got a much bigger gig now on the NFL Network. He does analysis with Sterling Sharp on NFL Playbook (sort of like the Jaworski/Hodge show on ESPN)
                          Exactly that's why I don't want Smerlas he's 2 faced.

Comment

Working...
                          X