PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bober

hintexas
02-11-2004, 08:29 PM
With McNally in as offensive line coach could we see this Center from the Giants come to Buffalo as a free agent? Does anyone know much about him?

hintexas
02-11-2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/named/FS/NFL/player?categoryId=70320

here is a link

LtBillsFan66
02-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Not that he's an authority or anything, but my friend is a Giants fan and thinks Bober is a good center.

Michael82
02-12-2004, 07:57 AM
This was in Pro Football Weekly....

Center: Although Giants C Chris Bober struggled at times last season, it was mostly because he was moved out of position to right tackle because of the Giants’ awful OL situation. Bober is a gamer who flourished under OL Jim McNally in New York and could end up following McNally, who is now in Buffalo. That would allow Trey Teague to move to guard, where the Bills are thin.

TigerJ
02-12-2004, 09:29 AM
I think Bober would help out the Bills the question is whether or not Teague can play guard. I don't think we should forget that Buffalo also has Ben Sobieski on the roster. We all criticized the Sobieski selection last season when the Bills were having such problems at right guard and Sobieski was nowhere to be seen, but he was a rookie and rarely do teams expect rookie offensive linemen who are not first round draft choices to start. Just maybe Sobieski will turn out to be the answer at right guard, not that I'm counting on it. If I were the Bills I'd try to draft a promising guard too, but then if it's not one of the top two or three he won't start next season either.

LtBillsFan66
02-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Wasn't Teague a guard before we made him a center?

Dozerdog
02-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Wasn't Teague a guard before we made him a center?

He was a Tackle- we signed him before the draft in case Harrington or Carr fell to the #4 spot. When we took Mike Williams, we moved him to Center- a position he played in college.

While not exceptional at any one line position, he is versatile enough to play Tackle, Guard, or Center. I'd move him to guard. If the line ever got hit hard with injuries, he coud be a valuable guy to have around. With McNally, I think this could be a cheaper alternative saving cap space to resign winfield and getting some other need positions. Then If we could draft a decent Center... that would work as well! :up:

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

He was a Tackle- we signed him before the draft in case Harrington or Carr fell to the #4 spot. When we took Mike Williams, we moved him to Center- a position he played in college.

While not exceptional at any one line position, he is versatile enough to play Tackle, Guard, or Center. I'd move him to guard. If the line ever got hit hard with injuries, he coud be a valuable guy to have around. With McNally, I think this could be a cheaper alternative saving cap space to resign winfield and getting some other need positions. Then If we could draft a decent Center... that would work as well! :up:

Yes. I agree.

tampabay25690
02-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Teague played Tackle in Denver, and played tackle at the university of TENN, wehre he was roomates with Peyton Manning....

hintexas
03-01-2004, 08:19 PM
bump

TigerJ
03-01-2004, 11:10 PM
I think Teague played at least some center at Tennessee, which is why the Bills thought they could switch him.

Throne Logic
03-02-2004, 12:54 AM
I'd rather have Woody. But, if we draft someone for the OL, Bober would be a somewhat cheaper option to balance of that first-round salary.

BuffaloRanger
03-02-2004, 09:09 AM
With an immobile QB why not Bober AND Woody?