PDA

View Full Version : Moulds, Willing to restructure!

justasportsfan
10-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Saw this on Empire!

http://www.empiresports.com/billsreport.shtml

"The pressure might be on the players now, but if Moulds and Price continue to light it up, the pressure then shifts to Tom Donahoe to sign Price. The Bills' president can count on Moulds for some help.

"Oh definitely," said Moulds when asked if he told the Bills he'd restructure his contract to help keep Price here. "I've always said that. I even expressed that to Mr. Donahoe. If he needed me to do something, I would be glad to do that because that takes a lot of pressure off me and gives me more opportunities to make plays, having him around."

Is this guy cool or what. Wonder what JR has to say about that?

Pride
10-12-2002, 04:39 PM
Yes!

justasportsfan
10-12-2002, 04:43 PM
Just for kicks, I'd ask Drew the same question. These guys are millionaires ten times over as it is. But there is that SB ring that kinda means a lot too. The team is headed the right direction, we just need better players on D and I think the $$$ will help find the players we need.

Novacane
10-12-2002, 04:44 PM
JR won't have anything to say because he ain't gonna be playing here next year!

MissBuffalo
10-12-2002, 05:11 PM
I don't think JR will be here either. Especially if he won't take the pay cut. Moulds's comments show what a true team player he is. Willing to give up some of his paycheck to help the team out. WOW! I think most NFL players need to stop and take a look at Moulds and see what a REAL TEAM PLAYER is all about.

Buffarama
10-12-2002, 05:29 PM
It's so cool to see these guys becoming a real team.

casdhf
10-12-2002, 05:46 PM
He said he'd restructure....I didn't read anything about a pay-cut

SABURZFAN
10-12-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
He said he'd restructure....I didn't read anything about a pay-cut

good point cas.

ArcticWildMan
10-12-2002, 06:44 PM
Yup. Restructuring just means a player is willing to have his base pay turned into a bonus. It guarantees he's gets paid for the season that way.

MissBuffalo
10-12-2002, 06:59 PM
I thought TD wanted JR to take a pay cut???
And Moulds still would be giving some stuff up.

MissBuffalo
10-12-2002, 07:02 PM
right away that is.

HotRod
10-12-2002, 09:06 PM
"Oh definitely," said Moulds when asked if he told the Bills he'd restructure his contract to help keep Price here.

They are a winning combination, and everyone can see that the offense has improved. Of course he would want to keep moving towards a ring........ Now, we need the defense to catch up.

ublinkwescore
10-12-2002, 09:32 PM
I've never been so proud to own a #80 jersey.

Moulds is the best reciever in the game - now that Moss is showing what a complete moron he is.

Bookers stats are great, but I don't think he's all that good of a reciever - teams are probably more focused on stopping Anthony Thomas then Booker considering the fact that Jim Miller is there quarterback (and is bound to make mistakes here and there).

ublinkwescore
10-12-2002, 09:33 PM
More importantly, Price wants to stay a Buffalo Bill. Next year will be our year to be penciled in as the Super Bowl Champs at the start of the season (I hope there is not a curse attached to that).

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-12-2002, 10:26 PM
I'm not that excited about it. Moulds isn't giving any money back. We'll just have a bigger tab on him a couple years from now, or when he's no good anymore.

lordofgun
10-12-2002, 10:30 PM
I still like the restructuring idea. Id' rather save some money now and go for a championship...maybe that's just me, but I don't want to be in a Miami situation where you are mediocre every year.

That said, TD has to be careful not to get us in cap hell again, but a little here and there couldn't hurt.

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-12-2002, 10:34 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having the money to sign Price. I'd be happier if he was taking a paycut, no strings attached though. We shouldn't praise Moulds as god over a restructure. Tons of players restructure.

clumping platelets
10-13-2002, 01:46 AM
Restructuring is what gets teams into cap hell. However, since Moulds has a long-term deal, the conversion of salary to bonus can be amortized over more years and thus, not be as much of a drain on future years.

I repeat: Bills do NOT need to restructure contracts in order to re-sign Peerless and add a quality DL UFA

TypicalBill
10-13-2002, 08:05 AM
They dont? :confused:

TypicalBill
10-13-2002, 08:07 AM
MOULDS :urock: