PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else hear this?

ryjam282
02-12-2004, 08:51 AM
I heard on a local radio station here in West Palm Beach, FL that the Dolphins have offered there first round (#20) pick to the Redskins for Patrick Ramsey.

If so, is this the biggest joke ever? I hope to god Joe Gibbs does it as Ramsey is OK but I would definitely not be scared of them (not that I was with Fiedler).

Thoughts please or has anyone else heard this?

Dozerdog
02-12-2004, 08:59 AM
It would not suprise me -

But I doubt the skins would go for that

Pride
02-12-2004, 09:06 AM
I think the skins will go for it. They just got Brunell and are looking at Jeff Garcia

Dozerdog
02-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Did they pull the trade for Brunell?

ryjam282
02-12-2004, 09:27 AM
I haven't heard specifics on Brunell. I have heard that it is very close to a done deal and that is why the Dolphins are offering this as they were in the hunt for Brunell as well since Fiedler and Griese both suck :)

Dozerdog
02-12-2004, 09:29 AM
If The Skins have given up their #2 (and it's in the top 40 picks) for Brunell, then this deal makes some sense.

Maybe the Bills can offer their #2 and a #2 or 3 next season - I'd be up for that.

don137
02-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Gibbs said he is not trading Ramsey but that may be a smoke screen. If Ramsey is indeed traded and Hensen gets traded before the draft I wonder how that will affect QBs in the draft other than Big Ben and Eli...

ryjam282
02-12-2004, 09:40 AM
It makes sense, Gibbs does always like a vet QB

TigerJ
02-12-2004, 11:16 AM
I think Washington would prefer not to trade Ramsey, but if Washington does acquire Brunell, Ramsey will be really POed. Washington will have to weigh the desirability of having a good young backup with loads of potential against the possibility that he will turn into a locker room cancer because he's angry.

SABURZFAN
02-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I heard on a local radio station here in West Palm Beach, FL that the Dolphins have offered there first round (#20) pick to the Redskins for Patrick Ramsey.

If so, is this the biggest joke ever? I hope to god Joe Gibbs does it as Ramsey is OK but I would definitely not be scared of them (not that I was with Fiedler).

Thoughts please or has anyone else heard this?

i think it would benefit both teams if the Skins get brunell.this draft is deep enough to get the OL help that the Fish need in the 3rd and 4th round.

Devin
02-12-2004, 07:11 PM
On Sports Center Clayton confirmed this, he also said the Steelers were interested.

Michael82
02-12-2004, 11:06 PM
I want to know why we aren't interested. Ramsey looked pretty good out there, when he wasn't getting sacked all the time.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I want to know why we aren't interested. Ramsey looked pretty good out there, when he wasn't getting sacked all the time.

I think its because Buffalo is high on Drew Henson.. Im not impressed with Henson yet, heck anybody's passes can look great when there is no one covering the WR..

Michael82
02-13-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by silent_one
I think its because Buffalo is high on Drew Henson.. Im not impressed with Henson yet, heck anybody's passes can look great when there is no one covering the WR..

I thought that Ramsey showed a lot of poise out there last year and with a good line, he should be a damn good QB. I'm still not sure about Henson yet. I'd give a 2nd rounder from next year for him. :D

mypoorfriendme
02-13-2004, 12:35 AM
this site is great for everything about rumors...

ESPN Rumor Central http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfl

mypoorfriendme
02-13-2004, 12:36 AM
lets try that again maybe?http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfl

Throne Logic
02-13-2004, 09:37 AM
MyPoor': That's a member's link.

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-13-2004, 03:01 PM
It will be interesting.. Gibbs is willing to pay Brunell good money and trade a pick for him which means he will not be a backup and all Ramsey did last year was produce, take beatings from Spurriers lack of block support, bounce right up and take it like a man.. Ramsey has earned respect from all his teammates from the absolute ferocious hits he took all year long and the fact that Ramsey did not complain about any of it.. You can understand where Ramsey's reaction comes from.

Ramsey's agent is quoted as saying "We'll see if Brunell is signed" and some other things, so it looks as if Ramsey is very incontent with the position he's in and with Miami showing they are willing to give Washington a 1st rounder for Ramsey, he just might push for it being that Miami is a much easier to place play QB than in Washington because of the Ricky Williams factor.. Both sides are in denial about all of it right now..

It will be interesting to see what happens..

Patrick Ramsey is a baller by the way