• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

If Drew Henson is so great....

Why wouldn't the Texans keep him and trade Carr?

Carr is a solid quarterback, but he's nothing special. If Henson can throw 40 yard outs like his agent proclaims, his arm is far stronger than Carr's. Carr is kinda short too.
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

I agree 100%, he sucks

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

Carr's going to be very good and he now has a little experience and cohesion with his teammates. Henson is raw talent. He may end up much better in the end but we have no idea at this point. Any team taking him already has a starter and is looking to develope him for a couple of years. Carr was thrown to the wolves his rookie year and got better as a sophmore. There's still a little building to be done around him but he's going to be a good one. Plus, even if Henson looks great, why would they keep him and go through growing pains all over again? Playing a rookie QB is always a painful experience on the team. I have no idea how Henson will turn out, I do know that he was a lot of fun to watch in college but could've used another year. I don't see why people just assume he's going to be terrible. He might be but talent-wise he's impressive so how do we know he sucks when he's never taken an NFL snap?

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
        Carr's going to be very good and he now has a little experience and cohesion with his teammates. Henson is raw talent. He may end up much better in the end but we have no idea at this point. Any team taking him already has a starter and is looking to develope him for a couple of years. Carr was thrown to the wolves his rookie year and got better as a sophmore. There's still a little building to be done around him but he's going to be a good one. Plus, even if Henson looks great, why would they keep him and go through growing pains all over again? Playing a rookie QB is always a painful experience on the team. I have no idea how Henson will turn out, I do know that he was a lot of fun to watch in college but could've used another year. I don't see why people just assume he's going to be terrible. He might be but talent-wise he's impressive so how do we know he sucks when he's never taken an NFL snap?

You just saved me about 10 minutes. I owe you.

He's right on!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Houston only drafted Henson to get something out of him trade wise. They already have a franchise QB in Carr.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

ya ur crazy saying carr is nothing special... he's gunna be great. he was thrown to the wolves no protection. improving as games go by

Comment

• CWOUSARET
              • Aug 2003

Carr is their man - and now they can get some dividends on their investment on Henson - smart football move. Carr is going to be a very good NFL QB - Henson still has to prove that - but I say let him prove it - he has a huge upside in physical ability and arm strength.
              "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

the easy answer..

henson is not that good.. that is the reason.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

1) Carr has great intangibles to go with his talent and has a very high ceiling. He is already showing signs of being a very good QB, and could be much better.

2) They invested huge money in Carr's signing bonus, so trading him would be a big cap hit. Henson would cause no cap hit if traded.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CWOUSARET
                    ...and now they can get some dividends on their investment on Henson - smart football move...
                    what investment?? They blew a 7th round pick on a guy who had no plans on playing football and has now quit baseball...they deserve a 1st round choice for that "investment"...spare me. If this guy isn't Montana in 1981 then he isn't worth the 7th they used to draft him...he hasn't played in 3 years.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      the easy answer..

henson is not that good.. that is the reason.
                      That's what I was getting at. Carr is Drew Brees. Nothing more.

Comment

• BillsMan80
                        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                        • Jul 2002

Henson is damn good. I've seen him play, and watched tape on him. He's everything you look for in QB. When thinking of a comparasin, think Favre. And Carr is damn good too. Henson was the starter over Tom Brady for a reason. He was better.
                        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                          2) They invested huge money in Carr's signing bonus, so trading him would be a big cap hit. Henson would cause no cap hit if traded.
                          This is the biggest reason right here.

It's not feasible to trader Carr. It is feasible to trade Henson.

Regardless of one's opinion of their respective abilities, that makes the decision right there.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                            Henson is damn good. I've seen him play, and watched tape on him. He's everything you look for in QB. When thinking of a comparasin, think Favre. And Carr is damn good too. Henson was the starter over Tom Brady for a reason. He was better.
                            you need to get your info straight, before any opinion you have on him could even be considered..

he NEVER started over brady.. he RELIEVED brady to the tune of 500 yards when he was a sophmore and brady was a senior.. then brady went to the nfl and henson started 8 games his junior year..

and if you "watched tape" of him.. i am sure that it was a quick tape watching session considering that he only had 8 started and threw for a paltry 2100 yards in 2000...

yeah.. 2000.. which seems like a 100 years ago.. i proposed to my wife in 2000 and we have been married for over 2 years.. this guy hasnt done **** ever..

brett farve my ass.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                              • Apr 2003

you dont want to get on tonks bad side :madfire:
                              the dude abides

Comment

Working...
                              X