PDA

View Full Version : Something to ponder

ryjam282
02-12-2004, 09:37 AM
During the offseason, there is quite a bit of downtime. So, now is a good time to pose this question..

If you were a GM and were starting a team from scratch and could pick 1 player from both offense and defense (that player will remain the same age as now, you can't take Favre as a rookie for instance). Who would you select and why.....

Offense
I would take Peyton Manning. The guy is unbelievable, I would take him in a minute. He reads D's and calls plays, what else can you ask for.

Defense
I would take Ray Lewis, regardless of age, he is by far and away the best NFL player I have ever seen, (I am only 26) and he makes everyone around him better. He dominates the game like no other MLB I have seen in my lifetime so I would take him (and I am a Hurricanes fan, so it was an easy pick:angel: )

So, let's see what everyone thinks, this should be interesting.:feedback:

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Offense:
Vick

Defense:
Ray Lewis

ryjam282
02-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey, Thurmanator...How about WHY?

CWOUSARET
02-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Offense: Payton Manning - way to kewl, smart, & productive.
Deffense: Anyone BUT Ray Lewis.

Oh and BTW for the reading impaired - Never to Ray Lewis - the punk should be in jail, you know it, I know it, he knows it, the world knows it!!!!!!!!!!!

casdhf
02-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Offense: Priest Holmes - best all around player in football

Defense: Derrick Brooks - best linebacker period.

mypoorfriendme
02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
offense - manning or LT, i cant decide both are good people and are IMHO the best at their position (vick is the most over rated player in the nfl :snicker:

defense - urlacher. almost as good as ray lewis but comes without the murder conviction and is another high character guy.