X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Cap Question

Hypothetically speaking lets say we pick up a center (Bober) and a gaurd (Meadows) in free agency. I know Teague is being paid quite a bit of money. Probably too much to be a back up. Would we save anything if we cut him? Or should we just keep him as a bench player?
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Savings on cutting Teague:

Before 6/1:
    $458K in 2004
    $2.291 mil in 2005

After 6/1:
    $1.5 mil in 2004
    $1.25 mil in 2005

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Thanks Eb, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

With that said I think if we find someone to replace him he should be cut. IMO, before 6/1 so we save $2.291 Mill next off-season.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
        Thanks Eb, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

With that said I think if we find someone to replace him he should be cut. IMO, before 6/1 so we save $2.291 Mill next off-season.
        The Bills are in a great position because they are under the cap. They can hold on to Teague as long as they need to and then ditch him if they find somebody else whether that be before or after 6/1...money will be saved in both seasons regardless. If not, he is serviceable for 2004.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
        X