PDA

View Full Version : Drew Henson is the next Drew Bledsoe

lordofgun
02-12-2004, 01:31 PM
On SportsCenter, I just saw the QB coach who has been working with Henson the past two months. He said Henson is "a young Drew Bledsoe."

Pass.

The Spaz
02-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
On SportsCenter, I just saw the QB coach who has been working with Henson the past two months. He said Henson is "a young Drew Bledsoe."

Pass.

Yes but Henson hasn't been beaten like a red headed step child and hasn't been tormented by the likes of KG and GW.:rofl:

don137
02-12-2004, 01:49 PM
I guess Henson better hope he doesn't go to the Giants and have KG as his QB coach...

Pride
02-12-2004, 02:49 PM
LOL, Was it supposed to be an insult? :eek:

lordofgun
02-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Pride
LOL, Was it supposed to be an insult? :eek:

no :eek:

The Spaz
02-12-2004, 02:58 PM

no :eek:

You sure?

Pass.

:up: :beer:J/k

SABURZFAN
02-12-2004, 03:32 PM
i'm not that high on henson.i like a lot of other QBs in this draft.

Iehoshua
02-12-2004, 04:23 PM
He said Henson is "a young Drew Bledsoe."

:down:

I hope we do PASS on him.

p.s.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/bgu/sports/m-footbl/auto_ap/a-harris111602.jpg

JOSH HARRIS!

The Spaz
02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Josh Harris yeah he was real impressive when he needed to be.:down:

Tatonka
02-12-2004, 06:12 PM
rofl.. perfect.. lets draft a guy thats just like the **** we got right now... fantastic.. hell.. lets give up another 1st rounder for a guy that is worthless... we have done it with rob johnson and drew bledsoe.. mine as well go 3 for 3.

Mr. Cynical
02-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
rofl.. perfect.. lets draft a guy thats just like the **** we got right now... fantastic.. hell.. lets give up another 1st rounder for a guy that is worthless... we have done it with rob johnson and drew bledsoe.. mine as well go 3 for 3.

I couldn't agree more.

Turf
02-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Why don't we sign another Travis #3 to go with Drew #2, then we can hire an assistant GM named DonaHUE to really mess with everyones mind. Good thing Van retired.

JefftheBillsfan
02-12-2004, 09:34 PM
I have a feeling a lot of you guys are going to feel pretty stupid when Henson puts up when he gets a chance. I just hope its with us.

Bert102176
02-12-2004, 10:38 PM
I want Phil Rivers please unless we can get Ramsey from the Redskins, but Rivers will be a very good QB, and as for Josh Harris can you say Jay Fiedler

Iehoshua
02-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize you guys knew EVERYTHING... Forgive lowly me. :rolleyes:

Akhippo
02-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Id like to see him picked up for no more than a second. with the contract that is according. Then when the Chargers pick up manning and release Brees we can pick him up to be our second stringer. To bad Henson last didnt start with a B. That way most of the people on here can use the blanket statement DB sucks at QB.

Historian
02-13-2004, 12:49 PM

Pass.

As in what to call on 3rd and 1?

or...

I don't feel his services are needed to improve our football team.

:D

(Sorry, just had to!)

Tatonka
02-13-2004, 12:51 PM
i dont know everything.. nor do i proclaim to, but i do know that if we blow a 1st or 2nd round pick on guys that have had 4 good games in their college career because they have "potential" then the bills franchise will never win a god damn thing.

i DO know that..

but hey.. i am sure henson could be that one in a million guy that never did anything that special in college, then takes three years off to play a different sport, and returns to light it up!

:rolleyes:

you guys are pretty convinced it seems.. hey, maybe you could give me the winning lotto numbers for tonight too.

jdbillsfan
02-13-2004, 01:19 PM
I don't think a 2nd rounder will be that bad. If we could get Reggie Williams in the 1st and Drew in the 2nd, then that isn't a bad draft. He doesn't have to play right away, but could learn as a backup for a year or so. He is still young and will have time to learn.

I think a first is too high.

Any QB is going to be a risk.

Tatonka
02-13-2004, 01:30 PM
any qb is definately a risk.. but one who hardly played in college and hasnt played since 2000 is an even bigger one.. call me crazy, but i would like to be a bit more conservative and get a qb that at least excelled in college, not one that only failed in baseball.

The Spaz
02-13-2004, 01:32 PM
any qb is definately a risk.. but one who hardly played in college and hasnt played since 2000 is an even bigger one.. call me crazy, but i would like to be a bit more conservative and get a qb that at least excelled in college, not one that only failed in baseball.

I thought you told me you woudl hold your judgement on this guy?:woot::beer:

Tatonka
02-13-2004, 01:39 PM
i said if he becomes a bill, i will support him and hope that he lives up to his "potential"..

but if he comes here and fails miserably, or decides to go back and play baseball or whatever.. i will never forgive the front office for blowing every single quarterback call since jim kelly left.. every single one.. they have screwed them all up..

i will also laugh as TD is lynched and run out of town if this move doesnt work, especial after his initial statements of "three years of baseball doesnt make you a better football player".

The Spaz
02-13-2004, 01:42 PM
i said if he becomes a bill, i will support him and hope that he lives up to his "potential"..

but if he comes here and fails miserably, or decides to go back and play baseball or whatever.. i will never forgive the front office for blowing every single quarterback call since jim kelly left.. every single one.. they have screwed them all up..

i will also laugh as TD is lynched and run out of town if this move doesnt work, especial after his initial statements of "three years of baseball doesnt make you a better football player".

Gotcha!:up::beer:

Historian
02-13-2004, 02:27 PM
will never forgive the front office for blowing every single quarterback call since jim kelly left.. every single one.. they have screwed them all up..

Todd Collins....LOL!

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-13-2004, 02:34 PM

Pass.

He's talking more about Drew Hensons physical abilities than anything when comparing him to Bledsoe.. Of course, if he was talking about HEnson ability to read defenses and ability to take hits and not get rattled, I know he wouldn't compare him to Bledsoe.. Texans asking price would drop if that's the case..

eyedog
02-13-2004, 02:41 PM
You can make a lot of *****es about Bledsoe but you can't say he can't take a hit. He is pretty durable. Playing behind that o-line last year they should have given him a freaking medal.

Iehoshua
02-13-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm not even in support of Henson. Josh Harris is my guy. Just because he handed the ball off most of his snaps in the Senior Bowl and threw a pick in a last ditch effort doesn't detract from my liking of him.

Who can really say who is gonna turn out to be the next great QB?

hey, maybe you could give me the winning lotto numbers for tonight too.

This quote says it all. A 1st overall QB could bust just as well. Odds are more in favor of a 1st rounder I'd say but you never know.

So save the qb hatin'. Like and dislike who you choose but I see no need to bust someone else's balls just because they like a different guy. Henson, Rivers, Harris, Losman, whoever..... Only after one is given a shot can one start the hatin'.

The hatin' of RJ can thus continue forever, as he continues to screw up his 500 2nd chances!
:lol:

Tatonka
02-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo

So save the qb hatin'. Like and dislike who you choose but I see no need to bust someone else's balls just because they like a different guy. Henson, Rivers, Harris, Losman, whoever..... Only after one is given a shot can one start the hatin'.

that is what the message boards are for.. player loving and hating..

i am not trying to bust anyones balls.. i am just having fun debating a heated subject.. the next qb of the buffalo bills is an important topic to all of us.. that is why there is 540 threads on every qb from henson to pickett..

in the end... whoever it is.. if he is good, then i will love him.. if he sucks.. then i will hate him along with the last 5 qbs we have had.

Iehoshua
02-13-2004, 02:53 PM
in the end... whoever it is.. if he is good, then i will love him.. if he sucks.. then i will hate him along with the last 5 qbs we have had.

Amen to that.

socalfan
02-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i'm not that high on henson.i like a lot of other QBs in this draft.

I think it is next to impossible to figure out how he will turn out as an NFL QB. He hasn't any experience other than one season. You may as well flip a coin.

Maybe he does have the physical assets and the leadership and competivness.....but I'm sure Drew Bledsoe did too; along with Rob Johnson and dozens of other QBs.

But is he coachable, can he learn, will he read defenses, will he feel pressure in the pocket, will he be a good decision maker, will he think quickly? No one knows with only one season under his belt. Is the guy even smart enough to be a QB in the NFL?

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
You can make a lot of *****es about Bledsoe but you can't say he can't take a hit. He is pretty durable. Playing behind that o-line last year they should have given him a freaking medal.

"Being able to take a hit" also is said when a QB takes a hit and still plays at a high level afterwards, shaking it off.. Bledsoe does not do that well..

TedMock
02-13-2004, 03:32 PM
I disagree. I think Bledsoe's fine at taking a hit. I don't think it even phases him. I think he takes way too many. His biggest weakness is holding the ball too long. If he can play action and let her rip than he's fine. He's terrible when he's sitting back there thinking too long.