PDA

View Full Version : My Pre-draft/combine guarantee

ryjam282
02-12-2004, 09:42 PM
I guarantee that Buffalo will not give up any picks to get Henson. I mean why should they. They could just draft him in the 2nd round.

What will happen is, when it is our pick at #13, if Rivers is available, he will be picked. If not, Henson will be ours later. There is no way they will draft a DE in the first round. They are not going to give up on Kelsay that fast. They defintely don't want to show they made a mistake on him so early.

Mark it down, I have Donahoe figured out.:mods:

:gnight:

Thoughts Please

The Spaz
02-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Umm I guarantee that Henson will no tbe back in the draft someone will have traded for him prior to that. Houston isn't just going to let him go scott free without getting something for him, I mean that's why they drafted him in the first place.

ryjam282
02-12-2004, 09:48 PM
I just don't see it. There is no way teams are going to get into a bidding war after seeing a few workouts for a guy who played only a few college games...I may be wrong, but I think it would be crazy.

The Spaz
02-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I just don't see it. There is no way teams are going to get into a bidding war after seeing a few workouts for a guy who played only a few college games...I may be wrong, but I think it would be crazy.

Hey whatever they can get for hime from other teams they'll take it was a bonus pick and used exclusively to get something in exchange.

Fat Tony
02-12-2004, 09:56 PM
No one has ever figured TD out.

The Spaz
02-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
No one has ever figured TD out.

Got that right.:confused:

mypoorfriendme
02-12-2004, 10:01 PM
as a pre-draft pre combine gurentee, i gurentee you hensen will be traded very shortly following the combine and will not re-enter the draft. before that happens, the texans would have to have turned down even just a 7th round pick at the last minute, the slightest compensation as opposed to nothing. and you dont think someones going to be willing to give up that 7th pick? 6th 5th 4th 3rd or 2nd? its going to be a matter of how many picks or players the team is going to want to trade away for the rights to hensen. he will NOT enter the draft. however, i do aggree that we will not draft a DE. however, if you have donahoe nailed, then why draft kelsey if we just drafted denney? and before that schobel and before that flowers, ignoring the plethera of FA's we brought in (mckenzie, ahaunitu, jones, etc)

The Natrix
02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
well, Henson could be gone before the Bills pick in the second. His stock is going to keep going up.

I agree though that DE in the first would be a bad idea. The front four was getting good pressure the last few games of the season and Kelsay can only improve.

Bert102176
02-12-2004, 10:04 PM
I think maybe the Steelers trade for him

ryjam282
02-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Think about it though, no one on earth thought we would go RB in the first last year. I am thinking if Rivers is gone he will trade down and try and get a solid OL player later in the first and with the 2 second rounders, get a QB (Lousman?) and WR (Dockery?) to go with it. Again, just my opinions as you are all right, no one can figure TD out, but it is sure fun to try :)

As far as him taking Kelsay after Denney. I think he knew that guy was a bust the first few times he saw him in the pro's and was trying to correct his mistake. Ahanotu and McKenzie were just projects that he HOPED would pan out. Obviously they didn't. He has to give Kelsay at least a chance before he can say with any validity that he is a bust as well.