PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry about the Bills overpaying for Henson

Romes
02-12-2004, 11:18 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2004/henson021204.htm

The talk inside the league — and at Thursday’s workout — is that a second-round pick would be the going rate for Henson. The NFC college scouting director said the Packers and Dolphins were the most likely to “overpay” because of their respective situations at the position

“Green Bay is in this thing 100 percent,” he said. “They have to be.”

In a perfect world the Dolphins would give up their 1st round pick for Henson. They just might be dumb enough to do it, too.

I just do not see the Bills giving up more than a 3rd for Henson. It isn't logical, this draft is packed with QBs there is no reason to get into a bidding war. TD is smarter than that.

Devin
02-13-2004, 08:15 AM
I hope the Dolphins do get him so we have a better shot at Rivers. If we can trade down that is.

eyedog
02-13-2004, 08:18 AM
If the bills don't get him I definitely do not want to see him in miami for the next ten years. I think he is gonna be a very good qb and since the bills are in the market for a young qb, this is the one. Go get him TD.

Ebenezer
02-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Let Miami give up a #1. Fiedler has an excellent record and is a very serviceable QB. They have other needs they could use that #1 for.

eyedog
02-13-2004, 08:47 AM
The reason Miami can't advance is because of Fiedler. It's no secret how you beat Miami. You put eight in the box to contain Ricky and make Fiedler beat you. I too hope Fiedler stays in Miami.

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Romes
[urlhttp://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2004/henson021204.htm[/url]

In a perfect world the Dolphins would give up their 1st round pick for Henson. They just might be dumb enough to do it, too.

I just do not see the Bills giving up more than a 3rd for Henson. It isn't logical, this draft is packed with QBs there is no reason to get into a bidding war. TD is smarter than that.

Be careful what you ask for.. If Miami does indeed give a draft pick for Henson, there's a very good chance this guy will be very very good.. 3 years ago Rick Spielman tried to trade for MAtt Hasselbeck when he was a backup QB for the Packers but the Seahawks had outbid Miami.. He also passed on Drew Brees when the media ripped Miami for not going for Brees in the draft when it was obvious Miami needed an upgrad at QB with Fiedler there.. He knew Brees didnt have the tools to be great..

If Spielman sees that Henson is worth that.. Look out in 2005 or 2006.. I'm confident in Spielman QB scouting abilities..

Tatonka
02-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Be careful what you ask for.. If Miami does indeed give a draft pick for Henson, there's a very good chance this guy will be very very good.. 3 years ago Rick Spielman tried to trade for MAtt Hasselbeck when he was a backup QB for the Packers but the Seahawks had outbid Miami.. He also passed on Drew Brees when the media ripped Miami for not going for Brees in the draft when it was obvious Miami needed an upgrad at QB with Fiedler there.. He knew Brees didnt have the tools to be great..

If Spielman sees that Henson is worth that.. Look out in 2005 or 2006.. I'm confident in Spielman QB scouting abilities..

your right.

you do need an upgrade over fiedler.. and even if henson is a bust, he still may brove to be an upgrade!

:snicker:

The Spaz
02-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

your right.

you do need an upgrade over fiedler.. and even if henson is a bust, he still may brove to be an upgrade!

:snicker:

Nah I say the Dolphins use the #20 pick overall and select Eddie Moore Jr!:lolcry: :drinker:

helmetguy
02-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Giving up anything higher than a 6th round pick for Henson is overpaying for him. Yeah, I know most everyone passed on him because of his baseball deal. But why should anyone let Houston profit more handsomely (if he does show promise)? I'd just tell Houston "This was his value when you drafted him, so that's his value now."

HenryRules
02-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Romes
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2004/henson021204.htm

Haven't we already given up a 1st rounder for a QB that there was a limited market for?

eyedog
02-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah I'm sure that will get a deal done.

TigerJ
02-13-2004, 09:54 PM
It's well known that Casserly wants a pick next year for Henson. He's already got all the picks he wants this year and wants to spread out the wealth. If Miami wins the Henson auction though, they will not be drafting a QB at #20. That means Rivers will drop. I have a feeling if Green Bay loses the Henson auction, they might be more interested in Losman, who I think has more similarities than Rivers to Favre. Thus, there's a chance Rivers could drop to the Bills in round 2. It's not a big chance, but hey, I can dream.

Tatonka
02-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
It's well known that Casserly wants a pick next year for Henson. He's already got all the picks he wants this year and wants to spread out the wealth. If Miami wins the Henson auction though, they will not be drafting a QB at #20. That means Rivers will drop. I have a feeling if Green Bay loses the Henson auction, they might be more interested in Losman, who I think has more similarities than Rivers to Favre. Thus, there's a chance Rivers could drop to the Bills in round 2. It's not a big chance, but hey, I can dream.

that sounds like a scenario that is not that far off if miami got him.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I have actually heard rumors that Pittsburgh is very interested in Rivers too. What will happen if Miami trades for Henson and Pittsburgh drafts Rivers ahead of the Bills. JP Losman in a Bills uni? Oh my.