PDA

View Full Version : How about Shaun King?

shelby
02-13-2004, 04:52 AM
Buccaneers | Mum on Brunell; Looking for a QB - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:22:43 -0800

Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen will not confirm or deny the team is interested in acquiring Jacksonville Jaguars QB Mark Brunell. Allen did say the Buccaneers are looking to bring in a quarterback in the offseason since QB Shaun King will likely depart as an unrestricted free agent. "We only have two quarterbacks under contract (QBs Brad Johnson and Chris Simms)," said Allen. "We're going to look for players to come in at that position, without a doubt."

Would King be worth looking into?

link (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl?PHPSESSID=5663f726b2e3ed7e3c8230780d933181)

Buffatexas
02-13-2004, 05:43 AM
I think Shaun King is a decent qb at best. He is the guy, ala trent dilfer, who if given the right supporting cast, can get it done. But I would not want to place the game on him for us to win.I really dont think the Bucs gave him a fair shake at a starting role, thy did advance in the playoffs with him at the helm, but with a defense like they had at that time, Ferragamo could have been the Qb and they still would have went deep in the playoffs.

Scott
02-13-2004, 06:29 AM
I think his arm strength and accuracy leave alot to be desired but given that, he is better an any of the other backups on our roster.
I think he feels he should be a starter somewhere....

Earthquake Enyart
02-13-2004, 06:36 AM
I always liked Shaun King and never felt that he got a fair shake.

It would be nice to have a mobile backup as a change of pace.

ryjam282
02-13-2004, 07:12 AM
He did get a fair shake, for a very short period of time:) The one time that I actually thought TB was good was the year he started. If the Rams don't make that great catch in the endzone in the NFC Title game, the Bucs go to the SB that year. I just think he is not as good as Brad Johnson so he got moved. He is servicable but I don't think he would be a good NFL starter.

Morgoth
02-13-2004, 08:09 AM
Bad idea. If he was starter material why did Brad Johnson get brought in? Let's not invest in a known bad commodity.

Dozerdog
02-13-2004, 08:12 AM
He's the perfect backup.

A career Rodney Peete

eyedog
02-13-2004, 08:15 AM
He stinks and is not needed in Buffalo. He is not any better than T. Brown and AVP, and those two probably won't be here in Sept. either.

tampabay25690
02-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Well its funny that you guys should ask that. Living in Tampa now I get to hear alot of stuff in the Tampa organization. I have heard things about Shaun King going to Buffalo.

The one guy posted that he stinks!!!!!!!!!! You are wrong, he is a decent QB, and given the chance he can perform. Would I like to see him a Bill. Not really!!!!!

Ebenezer
02-13-2004, 08:28 AM
For the vet's minimum?? Bring him in.

eyedog
02-13-2004, 08:43 AM
I've seen him play too Tampa and I think he stinks. If he's so good than why is Tampa getting rid of him. He could be the 2nd or 3rd there also. And he did have a chance a couple of years in Tampa and did nothing.

Jeff1220
02-13-2004, 09:22 AM
He'd be better than AVP and about the same, maybe a bit better, than TB. If cheap, he'd make a decent back-up, but I'd imagine that he is looking for a shot to start.

THATHURMANATOR
02-13-2004, 09:32 AM
no

Buffatexas
02-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey Tampa...I live in Port Richey and I heard nothing of King to the Bills...not trying to discredit you, but who is your source...pleas edont say Duemig or Shelton...they both are so full of BS it isnt funny

Billzz
02-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Well I live in Tampa also and King was working out at my place of employment. Meeting him face to face just let me say I have no idea how this guy can hold onto the ball. His hands are small and not to mention the chicken wing grease will probably be a slight problem also.

He has pocket awarness but I am also sad to say he has to be the slowest black guy in the NFL.

You can pretty much gather from my post I am saying NO! to him going to my favorite football team.

juice
02-13-2004, 12:26 PM
"Chicken Wing Grease"... He fumbles alot or did you guys work at Popeyes together?

Billzz
02-13-2004, 12:30 PM
He likes to eat. Was more of a expression of his diet and overall mentality towards staying in shape.

BTW:jetsuck:

Stop editing on me Juice:madhop:

No it was actually Hooters:)

juice
02-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Hooters.. Nice Uniforms..Hope you were a cook. Wouldn't want to have to change that to Jillzz. ChillBillzz just trippin'

King would be an upgrade from any backup in Buffalo. We cant keep trying our luck with AVP and TB as backups.

Historian
02-13-2004, 12:41 PM
I always felt that King was part of the reason Dungy could never take the Bucs to the next level.

He was a hometown hero, St Petersburg High I think. Management dumped him in TDs lap to sell tickets. He's a backup talent at best.

MTBillsFan
02-13-2004, 03:51 PM
I think the only way he ends up in Buffalo is if we need a back up emergency QB. The guy isn't that good! I hope we don't waste vauable cap space on a less than good backup when we have needs like a new O-Line!