Bufftp
02-13-2004, 05:58 AM
According to ESPN AFC EAST salary cap

Buffalo Bills $6.8 million under
New York Jets $1.28 million under
New England Patriots $4.6 million over
Miami Dolphins $10.5 million over

SHOULD MAKE FOR AN INTERESTING OFF SEASON

ESPN SALARY CAP REPORT (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1510617)

Michael82
02-13-2004, 06:06 AM
LOL! Even ESPN makes Typos. I didn't know the salary cap went that high! :snicker:

Oakland Raiders $511,000 million under

Jeff1220
02-13-2004, 09:23 AM
How much will the Pats cap situation change if they cut Law?

Pride
02-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
LOL! Even ESPN makes Typos. I didn't know the salary cap went that high! :snicker:

Oakland Raiders $511,000 million under

Dude... it doesnt say MILLION....

"$511,000 under "

Pride
02-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Wow, how did the titans get 17.5 Mill OVER??

Ebenezer
02-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Here is the worry...each of these teams have more money to spend than the Bills:

Arizona Cardinals $16.9 million under
Baltimore Ravens $23.03 million under
Carolina Panthers $12.5 million under
Chicago Bears $11.3 million under
Cincinnati Bengals $8.15 million under
Dallas Cowboys $15.5 million under
Detroit Lions $12.9 million under
Houston Texans $10.4 million under
Jacksonville Jaguars $9.3 million under
Minnesota Vikings $19.1 million under
New Orleans Saints $20.6 million under
Philadelphia Eagles $22.6 million under
St. Louis Rams $14 million under
Seattle Seahawks $10.5 million under

Devin
02-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Baltimore is gonna be scary next season...philly aint gonna be no slouch either. Think TO is headed to Baltimore.

Voltron
02-13-2004, 10:23 AM
I think TO would fit better in Philly. DM has a better arm then KB and when you give him a playmaker like TO that would be a VERY dangerouse offense. Now if they can find a Running Back they can pound the ball with they will be unstopable.

Ebenezer
02-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Devin
Baltimore is gonna be scary next season...philly aint gonna be no slouch either. Think TO is headed to Baltimore.

Do you know what TD could do with $20 mil under the cap?? Right now the Bills are only about $25-$27 million under the 2005 cap and they only have 28 players signed...then again I don't think DB or RB will be making the kind of money that they are scheduled to make either.

OpIv37
02-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Is that Miami number correct? If that's true the Dolphins are going to have to clean house- they'll be horrible next year.

Ebenezer
02-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Is that Miami number correct? If that's true the Dolphins are going to have to clean house- they'll be horrible next year.

it is correct...they have some major cap hits that can be wiped right away...getting rid of Griese saves them about $6 mil...they could just cut Griese and I believe Madison and be under the cap.

Historian
02-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

it is correct...they have some major cap hits that can be wiped right away...getting rid of Griese saves them about $6 mil...they could just cut Griese and I believe Madison and be under the cap.

This is the answer to our dreams. A potential last place finish for the fish!:jump:

OpIv37
02-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

This is great news- do they have FA's who they can't afford to re-sign? At least they won't be in the hunt for any of the big-name FA's out there this year.

I'd love to see Miami have just one piss-poor year. Even when they're "bad", they usually hover around .500 and finish just outside of the playoff race.

Ebenezer
02-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Guys, the bad news is that even though Miami is over the cap they are not in cap hell...they can still put off the future pain by redoing deals and being smart...also if they redo the deals correctly they can ease the pain of future hits and avoide the 3-13 debacle we chose to pursue...then again, doing it that way may mean they are a mediocre 7-9 to 9-7 for the next 5 years.

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

Like last year?? :lol:

Adewale Ogunleye will be gone from Miami, for the most part so that should make all you happy since all he did was use Mike Williams as his rag doll.. Miami is said to definetely get a 1st and 3rd for Ogunleye from a team that will offer him some nice cash, might be from the Seahawks.. Brock Marion might be released and Tim Bowens really wants to stay in Miami and is willing to take a big pay cut in doing so.. Madison is looked at to restructure.. Miami will be as active in free agency as last year.. When they were said to be in cap "hell"

Since the cap was brought to the NFL, Miami has not had a losing season as well as the PAckers.. It's no secret, Miami has one of the best cap experts in the NFL.. If not, the best..

Aero II
02-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
It's no secret, Miami has one of the best cap experts in the NFL.. If not, the best..

Looks more like the Pats have a better track record then the Fish.

Ebenezer
02-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Since the cap was brought to the NFL, Miami has not had a losing season as well as the PAckers.. It's no secret, Miami has one of the best cap experts in the NFL.. If not, the best..

Unless you manage the cap very well the light at the end of the tunnel is not the sun...

Originally posted by Aero II
Looks more like the Pats have a better track record then the Fish.

...including two super bowls. Check-mate.

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-13-2004, 03:10 PM
"One of the best, if not, the best.."

Fairly accurate..