PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft

gonzo1105
02-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Ok First off Drew Henson is traded to Miami for their 2004 First round pick

1. San Diego Chargers: Eli Manning QB Ole Miss- Manning displays excellent skills and some say is more intelligent on the field than Peyton

2. Oakland Raiders: Larry Fitzgerald WR Pitt- A younger version of Randy Moss? Could go along great with Jerry Porter and make Marques's job a lot easier

3. Pittsburgh( from Arizona)- Ben Rothiesberger QB Miami OH- I truly believe that Green likes McCown and will take a QB later in the draft so Pitt gives up their first and 2nd to move up and take Big Ben

4. New York Giants: Robert Gallery OT Iowa- Gallery is a mauler of a tackle and the Giants definetely need some O-line help

5. Washington Redskins: Tommy Harris DT Oklahoma- Harris will provide a quick gap hitting DT and will help a porous redskin d-line

6. Detroit Lions: Sean Taylor S Miami- Usually safeties don't go this high but Taylor is a different story. Size speed and excellent hands make him the Lions top choice

7. Atlanta Falcons: Shane Andrews OT Arkansas- Their have been concerns about Andrews weight but he plays RT so that protects Vick's blindside which will be crucial to their success

8. Cleveland Browns: Kellen Winslow Jr TE Miami- I find it kind of ironice how the UM OC becomes the Browns TE coach. Winslow is obviously number 1 on their board and they take him without hesitation

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kenechi Udeze DE USC- This is kind of my shocker pick. Jacksonville never does what they are expected to do. I've just noticed that over the past five years. Jacksonville will take a WR in round 2 like Lee Evans and snag the Speed rushing Udeze

10. Houston Texans: Vince Wilfork DT Miami- With Udeze goin the pick before Houston has to scramble and in their 3-4 defense you need a huge DT to run stuff and take up blockers and that is exacly what Houston needs

11. Arizona(from Pittsburgh)- Chris Gamble CB Ohio State- Arizona needs a corner opposite of Starks and Gamble though raw has a huge amount of upside so Arizona takes him.

12. New York Jets: Roy Williams WR Texas- Williams drops and the Jets are stunned and greatly happy. Williams will team up with Moss to make a formidable duo

13. Buffalo Bills: Reggie Williams WR Washington- Williams is a tall lengthy receiver who can do it all and I can't see Buffalo passing on him if he is there

14. Chicago Bears: Randy Starks DT Maryland- Bears always have been about defense and they continue that by trying to build up a strong middle and take Starks

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Stephen Jackson RB Oregon State- Tampa Bay definetely needs some type of offense and with the best RB on the board still there they snag him with their pick

16. San Francisco 49ers: Michael Clayton WR LSU- Clayton is another lenghty receiver but is more of the possession type who can stretch it deep every once in awhile

17. Cincinnati Bengals: D'Angelo Hall CB Virginia Tech- Tory James is a solid corner but the other corner is a question mark so they fill that need with the explosive Hall

18. New Orleans Saints: D.J Williams LB Miami- The Saints have problems on defense and start by taking another stud from Miami in Williams

19. Minnesota Vikings: Will Smith DE Ohio State- Smith is an undersized DE with good quickness and would benefit from a lot of one on one blocking schemes as Minnesota continues to build a good defense

20. Houston( from Miami)- Karlos Dansby LB Auburn- After filling one need on defense by taking Wilfork, Houston takes the best OLB still on the board in Dansby

21. New England Patriots (From Baltimore): Jonathan Vilma LB Miami- Though Vilma is undersized he has good speed which the Patriots covet and with their aging LB's vilma fits in perfectly

22. Dallas Cowboys: Greg Jones RB Florida State- I know Perry is the same kind of back but Jones looks like he regained his speed in the senior bowl and Parcells loves the big bruising backs

23. Seattle Seahawks: Derrick Strait CB Oklahoma- They took Trufant to fill the other side but with Springs most likely on the outs they replace him with Strait

24. Denver Broncos: Ben Troupe TE Florida- A Shannon Sharpe clone? Troupe sure looks like it and Denver throws to their TE's a lot so he fits right in

25. Green Bay Packers: Phillip Rivers QB North Carolina State- After losing out on Henson the Packers turn their pick into Phillip Rivers who will be the heir to Favre.

26. St. Louis Rams: Vernon Carey G Miami- As you could see in the playoffs the Rams had one hell of a time trying to stop the blitz and Carey is another great Miami prospect

27. Tennessee Titans: Jake Grove C Virginia Tech- Grove is a mauler and is definetely a first round pick. He is better then Faine and Titans could use an O-lineman

28. Philadelphia Eagles: Lee Evans WR Wisconsin- Okay I lied in the Jaguars pick ....Evans wont make it to their pick and Evans give the Eagles great speed that they lack

29. Indianapolis Colts: Duante Robinson CB South Carolina- Colts still need more defense to compete on a consistent basis. Robinson helps build that a little more

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Will Poole CB USC- Poole is a solid CB and will help a very horrible defense. He'll probably end up replacing Warfield

31. Carolina Panthers: Darnell Dockett DT Florida State- Wow what a d-line that would be Dockett would bump Buckner to a very solid backup and would make for one hell of an awesome d-line

32. New England Patriots: Chris Perry RB Michigan- Perry is a complete back and with Smith's option being declined it is very probable that they are gonna take a back

TigerJ
02-13-2004, 05:57 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Green Bay might go more for JP Losman than Rivers. I'm not saying Losman is Favre by any stretch, but there are similarities. Losman has the arm, and from all reports is a little on the cocky side. Just maybe the two of them might connect and Losman could really learn from Favre for a year. You can't argue with River's success, but he seems to me to be a little different kind of QB who might not have as natural a connection with Favre. That's only an impression I've got and it could be totally off base, but I thought I'd put it out there.

gonzo1105
02-13-2004, 06:11 PM
I didn't even realize that I left Kevin Jones off........I'm an idiot though i think Jackson will be the first back taken