• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BF_in_Indiana
    FIRE JAURON NOW
    • Apr 2003

I think we have to wait until the combine

Until we get a clearer picture of where we are looking on draft day. I think that DE, OL, and QB would be the areas we address in the draft but until TD and company have a chance to check things out at the combine I would say things could go a number of ways.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

That's how it usually goes.

The meat market- the speculation- and then Free Agency & cap cuts mold the final draft boards of teams.

Unless of course something wild happens- Like a top prospect gets shot or arrested- like last season

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I would like to see the Bills sign Eric Hicks, Damien Woody and Troy Vincent in Free Agency. Then they can focus on receiver/QB/DT/OL in the draft.

Comment

• BF_in_Indiana
        FIRE JAURON NOW
        • Apr 2003

That would be one heck of an offseason Mike. We would be a top 5 team with just those signings.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

yeah... the combine always shakes things up though..

you could have a guy like udeze run a 4.7 and the next thing you know, he is a top 5 pick.. you could have a guy like boldin last year, who ran a 4.8 and fell to the second round.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BF_in_Indiana
            That would be one heck of an offseason Mike. We would be a top 5 team with just those signings.
            They are all pretty reasonable too! Eric Hicks won't command top dollar. Troy Vincent won't, because there is soo many other top CBs out there. As far as Woody...I think that McNally push to bring a guy like Damien Woody in here.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
              • Jan 2004

A more realistic Offseason:

Sign C Mike Flynn, CB Ahmed Plummer, G Chris Villariel, DE Chris Hicks in Free agency.

Draft: 1st round: Trade down,and draft TE Ben Troupe.
              2nd round: WR Devery Henderson, Deep threat to help spread the field for Moulds and Reed
              3rd round: OG Shannon Snell.
              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                A more realistic Offseason:

Sign C Mike Flynn, CB Ahmed Plummer, G Chris Villariel, DE Chris Hicks in Free agency.

Draft: 1st round: Trade down,and draft TE Ben Troupe.
                2nd round: WR Devery Henderson, Deep threat to help spread the field for Moulds and Reed
                3rd round: OG Shannon Snell.
                If you mean Eric Hicks, that offseason wouldn't be that bad at all! Actually, I'd be impressed and it would help out team out for this year and the future.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Ahmed Plummer is a FA I didn't realize that. He had more picks than Winfield I know that and he went to CB university Ohio St.

Comment

• BF_in_Indiana
                    FIRE JAURON NOW
                    • Apr 2003

Plummer wouldn't be a bad pickup. I think I would choose Vincent however if things were equal. He is a shorter term solution BUT I think that this team is ready to win NOW and he is more suited to help us do that.

Comment

• Philly Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

I'll take Plummer over Vincent. the glut of good corners in FA will drive down prices, so why not lock in someone who we can use for a while at a reasonable price. especially b/c I don't think Vincent is going to do all that much more for us next season than Plummer (I'm in philly, saw a whole lot of Troy Vincent this year). Plummer can play already, and he's young.

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

I would sign Plummer also cause he is younger and could help our D for a few years instead of Vincent which is gettting older :fish:
                        Last edited by Bert102176; 02-15-2004, 12:11 PM.
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                        X