X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skatt8011
    • Aug 2003

Bring in Smoker!

I already said in another forum I think the Bills should take him 2nd-3rd round and people laughed in my face saying he may not even be drafted.

Well now hes the #5 QB in the draft, so whats everyones opinion now?
    www.billsaddiction.com
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i like smoker alot.. if they are confident that his off the field problem with alcohol is not an issue, then take him late..

he reminds me alot of rivers.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Being in Boston and watching Vin Baker piss away a career- I say pass on Smoker. Way too many good QB's out there.

As a 3rd QB? Maybe.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Yeah lets bring in smoker who has had or may still have problems. Listen he had a hard enough time keeping it under control in college it will be even more temting to get back into it when he has **** loads of money coming in every week. Please no ****ing Jeff Smoker.

Comment

• gonzo1105
          • Jul 2002

My top 5 QB's in my opinion go as Big Ben, Manning, Rivers, Schaub, Losman

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
            Yeah lets bring in smoker who has had or may still have problems. Listen he had a hard enough time keeping it under control in college it will be even more temting to get back into it when he has **** loads of money coming in every week. Please no ****ing Jeff Smoker.

he always played well.. he had one issue with drinking.. and it wasnt something that effected his game performance.. he came out during the offseason and stated that he felt he had a drinking problem and wanted to get it treated... then did.. it doesnt make him a bad person or unable to do a good job. my father was an alcoholic for many years.. while he was a police officer for 26 years.. he got help and is 8 years sober... it never made him a horrible father.. he never beat his kids or ignored us or let us down.. he just drank alot.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

and i was talking about a guy like smoker late.. like van pelt.. either of those guys, to give them a shot in training camp, would be fine with me.. who is to say we cant get 2 qbs this draft.. for a team with a glaring need like us.. and with the probability of a qb being a bust.. hell get two of them and let them prove their worth.. and improve our odds of at least getting one decent player.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think the alcohol issue is one that teams will have to evaluate by sitting down and having a heart to heart with the guy, talking to his college coach etc. I believe that if a guy shows he knows he was in trouble, and is highly motivated to change, he can beat his past. I wouldn't mind if Buffalo was the team to take a chance on him after doing due diligence. Appart from off field issues, I think he might be the fourth best QB in the draft, after Rivers.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    I think the alcohol issue is one that teams will have to evaluate by sitting down and having a heart to heart with the guy, talking to his college coach etc. I believe that if a guy shows he knows he was in trouble, and is highly motivated to change, he can beat his past. I wouldn't mind if Buffalo was the team to take a chance on him after doing due diligence. Appart from off field issues, I think he might be the fourth best QB in the draft, after Rivers.
                    he was kicked off the michigan state team, but was such a hard worker and made such an effort to prove to his teammates and coaches that he was past his issues and wanted to be part of the team, they let him back.. then once he was back, he won the starting job back very quickly.

Comment

• eyedog
                      • Jul 2002

I like Smoker and would like to see him drafted in around the 5th rd if one of the other qb options does not work out. If they get a qb earlier I don't think they should waste a pick on another though. also stay away from Schaub, the guys a stiff.
                      Wasn't there a past Buffalo great qb who liked to pound'em ?

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

well, kelly was notorious for the powder in his nose..

not to say that he didnt drink alot too.

Comment

• eyedog
                          • Jul 2002

If true, it didn't seem to bother his game any.

I know nothing, hear nothing, see nothing.........

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            well, kelly was notorious for the powder in his nose..

not to say that he didnt drink alot too.
                            The same stories were said about Marino but neither had to go to rehab.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              The same stories were said about Marino but neither had to go to rehab.

so they worked it out on their own.. it makes smoker less of a person because he wanted to get helP?

Comment

Working...
                              X