Sabres fans, the team has improved, be proud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Sabres fans, the team has improved, be proud.

Just thought I'd share this stuff with you guys, I got it in my mail from Sabres.com newsletter.....

This season the Buffalo Sabres have shown vast improvement over last year's team.

With off-season accusitions like Chris Drury and the progression of younger players like Daniel Briere the Sabres are poised to break their two-year playoff drought.

Sabres this season …
    ---In 56 games, have recorded 24 victories … the Sabres won their 24th game in their 76th game last season.

---Recorded 10 points in their last six games, climbing to ninth in the Eastern Conference standings.

---Have the NHL's youngest team at 25 years and 291 days, a full year and 72 days younger than the next youngest squad (Florida) … The NHL average is 28 years and 110 days.

---Recorded 54 points through 56 games … That is an 11-point improvement the 2002-03 season.

---Have recorded eight sellouts (including the NHL's first regular-season game at Rochester Nov. 19) … Buffalo is 6-1-1 in sold-out home games … Sabres had three sellouts in 20! 02-03

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • fushetti
    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
    • Feb 2003

Sincerely,

The Buffalo Sabres

"Striving for Mediocrity for 35 seasons"
    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

Working...
    X