H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Lions trying hard to get Champ

Lions Share in Bid For Redskins' Bailey
    Detroit Has His Linebacker Brother
    By Nunyo Demasio
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, February 16, 2004; Page D10

Several teams are bidding for cornerback Champ Bailey after the Washington Redskins granted the four-time Pro Bowler permission to work out a trade with another club. The Detroit Lions remain one of the most likely destinations for Bailey if he doesn't rejoin the Redskins, according to team and NFL sources.
    If true, that's one less CB that'll be an option if Winfield bolts.
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Bailey and Bly ... two pro bowl corners. That's a nice backfield.

(I can't believe how well that Bly signing turned out. I thought they were dumb as hell to sign him last offseason.)

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
      • Oct 2002

Add Bailey with Bly, and Ive seen mockdrafts that have the Lions taking Sean Taylor with there first pick.. Those 3 guys would make an evil secondary..

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

Yes, yes, Champ Bailey & Dre' Bly would form a very dominating defensive secondary for Detroit, but they will still loose a bunch of games in 2004
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
          • Oct 2002

Of course they will elltrain, no one is denying they still have to rebuild alot.. My previous post is just stupid, they cant get Taylor and Champ Bailey, Lions will have to deal that 1st rounder to the Skins..

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

the Lions have too many other areas of concern to give up a 1st rounder.this draft is deep and they could use every draft pick.there's a cheaper CB available in the free agency to address their need at CB.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
            X