PDA

View Full Version : Cut Chris Watson Thread...

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 12:58 PM
This is insane. He should no longer be in the NFL. HE SUCKS.

Herdwatcher
10-13-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
This is insane. He should no longer be in the NFL. HE SUCKS.

True! I say anybody right now with the desire to play should get the nod. I've never known of a coach telling a player to play that far off there is no way. they need to do something before he starts to get them in hot water.

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Kevin Thomas is in. Thank god.

DraftBoy
10-13-2002, 01:32 PM
What happened?

casdhf
10-13-2002, 01:35 PM
He should either cover the slot man, or be given help outside....I don't get why he's all alone on the #1 WR

JayWood
10-13-2002, 01:44 PM
every week i keep trying to find excuses for Chris Watson...no more the guy has to go, this is getting pathetic

The_Philster
10-13-2002, 01:47 PM
He was good last week after some early struggles.....what's his problem?

TigerJ
10-13-2002, 02:05 PM
It looks like the beginning of the end for Watson. I just can't believe how open guys were getting on him. Let's hope Thomas can do more. It's obvious other teams are going to run 3 receiver sets on Buffalo all game, every game to counter the 46 the Bills say they want to run.

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Every week I keep trying to find reasons why we take so many penalties, yet I am running out of excuses.

casdhf
10-13-2002, 02:11 PM
nice deflection though

ublinkwescore
10-13-2002, 02:19 PM
The 4-6 is not something that should be ran with such a young d. I don't know what GW is thinking

clumping platelets
10-13-2002, 02:19 PM
With their 2nd rd pick in the 2003 draft, the Bills select CB Insert Name and college

casdhf
10-13-2002, 02:23 PM
it had better be a DT with that #2

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 02:30 PM
Better yet, it had better be a defensive player. If it is an offensive player, I'll kill em.

Valerie
10-13-2002, 08:03 PM
I've been saying the Bills should've cut Chris two years ago after his play against the Jets in the Meadowlands. He sucked way back then and frankly I haven't seen anything in him worth keeping. If he was on any other team, I bet he would've been gone two years ago. It's time the Bills cut their losses and move on.

Cya, Chris. :wave:

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I've been saying the Bills should've cut Chris two years ago after his play against the Jets in the Meadowlands. He sucked way back then and frankly I haven't seen anything in him worth keeping. If he was on any other team, I bet he would've been gone two years ago. It's time the Bills cut their losses and move on.

Cya, Chris. :wave:

Who would you have replaced him with though? We had other more pressing needs to address. Besides...he played pretty well last year. Unfortunately, he's like a different player this year :(

WG
10-13-2002, 08:13 PM
He sucked last year too! I think your positive memory is overcoming your negative.

I was shocked that we didn't cut him in the first round of preseason cuts.

Where is all this coming from all of a sudden?

Last week I was a heretic for being so negative about Watson, now everyone's on the cut Watson bandwagon.

You fellow Bills fans are mighty odd at times!

:D

I say cut him and grab someone off of waivers. The man can't cover, tackle, return kicks/punts (which is why we brought him here) or do anything else worth a crap!

Typ0
10-13-2002, 08:21 PM
How many times do you have to be told WYS...Chris Watson is a Punt Catcher not a Punt Returner.

WG
10-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Sorry...

WG
10-13-2002, 08:23 PM
But he was brought here as a punt returner.

Phillips & Co. crafted him into their likeness as a punt-catcher!

Valerie
10-13-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan Who would you have replaced him with though?
I don't know. I'm not a recruiter. All I know is he's not worth crap. Yes, the Bills had other issues to address. But, he should've been gone a long time ago! That issue would've been solved.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Well....one thing's for sure. Unless he has a sudden transformation, he's history after the season is over :D

Typ0
10-13-2002, 08:31 PM
I remember Son of Bum specifically saying in a press conference that Chris Watson was hired here as a Punt Catcher and they never had any intention he would acually return the ball. At least up to this point in my life it is the dumbest thing I have ever heard said to the media. Coupled with his comments prior to the Indy game telling the team they were not going to make the playoffs he should have been fired right then and there.

Kelly The Dog
10-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Watson, most people don't seem to recall, was really a much better KR on Denver than a PR. He was lousy on PR for them, too, although i believe he had one long one. He was 4th in the league in KR though. Furthermore, he was always thought of by scouts as a terrific but very raw CB prospect which the Broncos envisioned him to be. It was only because we sucked so bad at returns, plus they had a #1 pick they wanted to return the ball, plus had an abundance of CBs that they traded him to us, they actually liked him a lot. Personally I thought he was pretty good both at the end of 2000 as a stopgap starter and last year as nickle back. For some reason, he has been burnt this year far more than in the past.

WG
10-13-2002, 09:08 PM
He got burned regularly last year too. Probably even moreso than this year. You probably just didn't pay particular attention to it last year.

It's tough to catch everything that's going on while you watch the game even on TV. I usually go out of my way to watch Henry and Watson.