PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo can't ever get any respect

elltrain22
02-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I am a loyal subscriber to ESPN the mag, and do generally like the magazine, but they can tend to be so biased towards some teams. In there recent top franchise's in pro sports they rated the Bills 104 out of 121. This is crap, and i totally disagree. I know that in Buffalo, and in its surrounding areas, the fans and the media love this team, and we should never be rated this low. I take pride in loving this team, and always will, and ESPN needs to check themselves.

Demon
02-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
I am a loyal subscriber to ESPN the mag, and do generally like the magazine, but they can tend to be so biased towards some teams. In there recent top franchise's in pro sports they rated the Bills 104 out of 121. This is crap, and i totally disagree. I know that in Buffalo, and in its surrounding areas, the fans and the media love this team, and we should never be rated this low. I take pride in loving this team, and always will, and ESPN needs to check themselves.

ESPN the Magazine sucks. Sporting News magazine is the way to go!

SABURZFAN
02-16-2004, 06:06 AM
is that the same one that had buffalo coaching at 121 out of 121?

madness
02-16-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
is that the same one that had buffalo coaching at 121 out of 121?

If that's referring to last year, I'd say they're right on target.

mybills
02-16-2004, 06:32 AM
Why would you need a magazine, when you have the Bills Zone?
Heck, I don't even watch the regular news anymore because it's all right here! :up: :D

Earthquake Enyart
02-16-2004, 07:48 AM
ESPN Mag also predicted the Bills would be in the Super Bowl last year. :eek:

Personally, I like the rag.

elltrain22
02-16-2004, 08:43 AM
ESPN still has a really good magazine, but that ranking really pissed me off!! Although i did agree w/ them when they ranked our coaching 121 out of 121 in sports.

Ickybaluky
02-16-2004, 08:55 AM
What criteria did they use for the rankings? It may be that it doesn't necessarily relate to the team, but that stadium situation and market size are the kinds of things they are factoring in.

juice
02-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by madness23
If that's referring to last year, I'd say they're right on target.

The Defense was pretty well coached last year, that alone should have ranked us above some NFL teams or kept us from the overall worst ranking.

thenry20
02-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22

Listen to the Demon man!

I'll have Berman look into this!! No way should they get away with bull like this!