PDA

View Full Version : Sabres: It's your patriotic duty as Americans to keep the Ottawa Senators out...

Ð
02-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Let's face it. Nobody outside of a 100-mile radius of Ottawa gives a crap about the Senators, and the Canadiens, well they're the Canadiens.

Do you want to suffer the indignity of being the only US- based team in your division to miss the playoffs ? Well I have a deal for you...

Continue the hot streak & the Leafs will continue to throw bones your way by deliberately throwing games to help you make the playoffs.

i.e. you guys win out against the Senators Feb 28 & Mar 3 and we'll give you the three games against the Leafs Mar 6, 15 & Apr 2.

It's a win-win for everyone...

Sabre Ally
02-16-2004, 10:11 AM
I guess I'm Nobody then.......I like the Sens. :tongue:

Ð
02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
http://www.saskabush.com/2001/0515/images/pic_sens_logo.gif

pyrrhonist
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Ð
the Leafs will continue to throw bones your way by deliberately throwing games to help you make the playoffs.

Well, at least that was one of the more creative reasons given for what happened on Saturday! :bigwave:

I'm all for beating either Ottawa or Montreal, but I don't think Buffalo alone is going to make a dent in Ottawa's point total.

Ð
02-16-2004, 01:42 PM
LOL, I didn't cath the leafs game. I was at a hockey tournament in Sens territory (Sens on CBC, rather than Leafs), so played Nintendo with the kids rather than watching second-rate hockey.