X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Why not Just release Bledsoe?

He is on the decline, he cant MOVE around at all, takes too many sacks and never gets rid of the ball......

There would be NO cap hit if he was released, so why not just release him?
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Are you crazy? You must be into fantasy football.

It's not his fault his team can't win him games.

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

Hey ScottLaw, you would be a great NBA gm seeing how you want to get rid of someone so quickley. Lets give him another shot, with a better line, and a good coach, and if he still *****s up, then your arguement is better waranted.
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

Re: Why not Just release Bledsoe?

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
        why not just release him?
        Because it makes too much sense?

Because he is a good father?

Byrd.

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
          Hey ScottLaw, you would be a great NBA gm seeing how you want to get rid of someone so quickley. Lets give him another shot, with a better line, and a good coach, and if he still *****s up, then your arguement is better waranted.
          Brady took that same line in New England and became a star from it. He had a great coach in Bill Belichek. He went 5-14 under him. They haven't lost 14 games total since they dumped his ass.

Comment

• BillsFever
            Mr. Predictament
            • Feb 2003

Oh yeah, and New England fans said the same thing for the last 6 years. Just give him a line, a good coach, ect.. We all know how that turned out.

There isn't anyone that can save Bledsoe except Bledsoe himself.

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
              Because it makes too much sense?

Because he is a good father?

My dad was a good father. He should try out for the Bills too

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                Lets give him another shot, with a better line, and a good coach, and if he still *****s up, then your arguement is better waranted.
                so being horrible for 2 years hasnt been enough to convince you huh? he had a good 6 games in 2002.. then it has been downhill since then.. the offense has to be on of the worst in history over the last 26 games.. and bledsoe is the center of all the problems.

i just dont see how everyone can just keep saying.. give him another chance.. when he gets cut for being horrible after this year and cost the bills another years of being a non playoff, average team, some other team will pick him up and say.. hey.. lets give him another chance.. maybe its not his fault he cant throw to the outlet receiver.. maybe it is not his fault he holds the ball too long.. maybe it is not his fault that he cant win big games and turns the ball over like he is handing out candy to kids on halloween.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

Exactly Tatonka,

It makes too much sense.... NO CAP HIT, so we would save ourselves a lot of cap money.

I think Donahoes too stubborn to release him because he knows he wasted a first round pick on him.

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

Exactly Tatonka,

It makes too much sense.... NO CAP HIT, so we would save ourselves a lot of cap money.

I think Donahoes too stubborn to release him because he knows he wasted a first round pick on him.
                    Look, I think TD needs to go as much as anyone ... but when people make comments like that, you entirely take away any credibility people from our side have.

Donahoe drafted Kelsay after taking Denney.

After choosing Moulds over Washington and Wiley, Donahoe essentially did the opposite in choosing Spikes and Adams over Price.

After cutting/injury-settlement-thing with Christie, TD went through kickers like it was going out of style.

After saying that Flutie was the one that the team should be built around, he cut him and went with Johnson.

There are many more examples as well

The guy has no problems admitting he was wrong and trying to correct his mistakes.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

I say bring in Billy Volek at a fraction of Bledsoes price tag. I fail to see how he could be any worse than Bledsoe. The new system argument doesn't work against Volek because it's going to be a new system for Bledsoe too.

Draft Rivers, Losman or Henson, keep Brown, and I will be very optimistic about the QB position.

Byrd.

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
                        Look, I think TD needs to go as much as anyone ... but when people make comments like that, you entirely take away any credibility people from our side have.

Donahoe drafted Kelsay after taking Denney.

After choosing Moulds over Washington and Wiley, Donahoe essentially did the opposite in choosing Spikes and Adams over Price.

After cutting/injury-settlement-thing with Christie, TD went through kickers like it was going out of style.

After saying that Flutie was the one that the team should be built around, he cut him and went with Johnson.

The guy has no problems admitting he was wrong and trying to correct his mistakes.
                        Don't you know everyone around here has GM,QB and overal NFL experience? trust me they know what there talking about. They have seen this all to much in the buisness.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

Then Henry,

Why would Donahoe keep Bledsoe?
                          You made some good points about Denney and Kelsay but the Price trade actually made SENSE, we didn't need TWO number 1 recievers so he traded him which is logic.

This is even more logical, Bledsoe hasn't been the same since week 7 of the 2002 season..... that tells me he is starting to decline.

I would release him now WITH NO CAP HIT and try and sign a veteran QB like Brunell or try and trade for Ramsey.

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone

Don't you know everyone around here has GM,QB and overal NFL experience? trust me they know what there talking about. They have seen this all to much in the buisness.
                            Trust me ... your opinions don't help me either.

You don't need to be better at someone's job in order to criticize them. Whether or not I can be a better president or GM than TD doesn't affect my ability to criticize him. Hell, if the only criteria for making the Bills in any capacity was to do a better job than me at the position, they'd be 0-16, sell about 40 000 seats, but all of their computer systems would be damned amazing.

You do not need to do better than someone in order to evaluate their performance.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Then Henry,

Why would Donahoe keep Bledsoe?
                              You made some good points about Denney and Kelsay but the Price trade actually made SENSE, we didn't need TWO number 1 recievers so he traded him which is logic.

This is even more logical, Bledsoe hasn't been the same since week 7 of the 2002 season..... that tells me he is starting to decline.

I would release him now WITH NO CAP HIT and try and sign a veteran QB like Brunell or try and trade for Ramsey.
                              Donahoe is probably keeping him because he and his fellow Bills front-office people feel that Bledsoe has talent.

He's definitely not keeping him out of stubbornness.

Comment

Working...
                              X