PDA

View Full Version : Game over: Good game from a Texan Fan

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 03:19 PM
To the classy fans here. Good game.

To the jerks that ripped our board and came in and insulted us........... Thanks, great way to represent the Bills fans everywhere.

We were a lot better than you thought. I win my bet on the over under. I will donate my Zone bucks.

Later, and good luck the rest of the season.
Vincent

The_Philster
10-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Good game to the Texans as well, EB.....You guys played well and should go far within a short time span

casdhf
10-13-2002, 03:22 PM
:phew:
Good game for Texans
Better game for Bills

@Miami next week...... :blowtop:

quizlet2003
10-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Kiss Our Butt- We won--- You insult. I insult you. GO BILLS!

The_Philster
10-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Knock it off, Quiz :shakeno:

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 03:27 PM
This idiot flooded our board all weekend. Nice to see you are classy here in victory. Nice to see a good winner. You are a fool

Captain gameboy
Ugly game, but important win for us.

Last off-season there was a big debate on our sight about the efficacy of drafting a QB as a no. 1. You guys hit the jackpot with Carr. He played extremely sell. I didn't know he was that fast. What a talent.

quizlet2003
Im hurt. I may be a jerk, but I am a Bills fan, noone can deny. Id save one of these guys , before I would you.

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 03:29 PM
You proved nothing except that you are a child and a troll, who doenst mind screwing up the oppositon board with 20 new threads and constant insults.

Screw you.

FWIW: Carr is one of the next great quarterbacks in the NFL. Thanks.

casdhf
10-13-2002, 03:31 PM
Trying to talk to Quiz really isn't a good idea. He's an idiot, we've accepted it here and ignore him. You should do the same. :D

JefftheBillsfan
10-13-2002, 03:34 PM
i was very impressed with the texans, carr is def the real deal. your D was also very active...congrads on a great game houston fans!

BillsMan80
10-13-2002, 03:35 PM
EB, it was a great game. Ignore the people such as quizlet. They are the ones we try to weed out. Just wait till you guys get Boselli and Young back.

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 03:37 PM
You guys are right. Henry was impressive. The BILLS Most valuable player:

Jay Foreman *sheesh*

Novacane
10-13-2002, 03:40 PM
You guys gave us a heck of a game! David Carr is gonna be great!
If I was your coach I'd cut Jay Foreman today! He killed you!

mybills
10-13-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ExpansionBlues

Jay Foreman *sheesh*

Aw, c'mon, I give Foreman a game ball for giving us so many yards! lol

Good game EB...come back & visit us again, but make sure you put Quiz on ignore! ;)

Kelly The Dog
10-13-2002, 04:05 PM
That's Expansion, you are a class act. The texans have a lot going for them and play hard.

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Ok, leaving now.............

Quizlet's last post in our board.....................

Quizlet

Sunday October 13, 2002 9:35 AM

Oh well. What can I say. I came here to talk football, and have fun. You guys started crap and as everyone knows at BFZ I retaliate. You where also wimpy enough to come to our board and complain. Oh well. Good luck. Your going to need it...and remember you started me up. I was being NICE!
Click here for actuall post in thread (http://boards.houstontexans.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=110446)

Just taking one more shot at him on his home turf. Later guys. Good luck next week. I'm out. Who wants my zone bucks? I won the over under bet also. The mods let me bet the house.....

I can tell you who WONT get them.................

JefftheBillsfan
10-13-2002, 04:44 PM
lol....later man...it was good talkin football with you

The_Philster
10-13-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ExpansionBlues
Ok, leaving now.............

Quizlet's last post in our board.....................

Quizlet

Sunday October 13, 2002 9:35 AM

Oh well. What can I say. I came here to talk football, and have fun. You guys started crap and as everyone knows at BFZ I retaliate. You where also wimpy enough to come to our board and complain. Oh well. Good luck. Your going to need it...and remember you started me up. I was being NICE!
Click here for actuall post in thread (http://boards.houstontexans.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=110446)

Just taking one more shot at him on his home turf. Later guys. Good luck next week. I'm out. Who wants my zone bucks? I won the over under bet also. The mods let me bet the house.....

I can tell you who WONT get them.................

I'll take 'em ;)

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna review my threads, and see who treated me right. I am gonna give them to the one who was cool.

lol.........just had to take my last poke. I will donate after I get my bet settled.........

Ð
10-13-2002, 04:49 PM
Give it a rest....next!

shelby
10-13-2002, 04:54 PM
quizlet:chair:shelby

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Just pumping up the zone bucks for the donation. I am not the idiot here..............

YOU give it a rest.

The_Philster
10-13-2002, 05:01 PM
You just keep pumping them up, EB ol' pal ;)
:D

casdhf
10-13-2002, 05:02 PM
Gimme :D

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-13-2002, 05:11 PM
Quit kissing his ass everyone.

So, how you doing my bestest of buddies in the world, EB? :)

The_Philster
10-13-2002, 05:14 PM
:rofl: PA

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by quizlet2003
Im hurt. I may be a jerk, but I am a Bills fan, noone can deny. Id save one of these guys , before I would you.

You're more than just a Bills fan, but since I'm in a good mood today I won't even comment.

TigerJ
10-13-2002, 05:31 PM
I'm glad you stopped by to visit this past week, EB. It was a closer game than I hoped it would be, but then our Bills seem to have a talent for playing every game close. When Carr gets a little more experience and the supporting cast continues to improve, the Texans will get good fast. They'll win a bunch of games next year. BTW, the Zone Bucks aren't that big a deal. Give them to someone else.

It's too bad the smack talk made the whole thing a bad experience. I'm not into smack that much myself though I dabble in it with fin fans at finheaven. Mostly I just like to keep them honest when they talk smack. I'd rather just talk football.

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Quizlet

Sunday October 13, 2002 6:11 PM (NEW!)

...you guys played a hell of a game. Sorry for being a jerk, but it was all in fun! You have to love football! I dont know if a lot of you guys just entered football because of the new team, but you will find people like me EVERY-WHERE. Fans will be fans, and I support my team ALL THE WAY even if it means me insulting a few people of the opposite crowds.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. You are truly talented and gave us one heck of a run at the end of the game.

-God Bless-
-Quizlet- OUT!

P.S. -- Off to Finheaven

Quiz's exit. Class guy.............. I have been following the NFL for FOUR decades, and an idiot is an idiot, expansion or not.

Sabre Ally
10-13-2002, 06:37 PM
EB, you should give your ZBs to nbf.

Good game, and good luck the rest of the season. :)

Shiny Chicken
10-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Haha... EB, we don't need proof that quiz is an idiot, we already know...

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Thanks EB you are a good fan and stop by anytime you like and we can rip on other teams together!!! :cheers:

quizlet2003
10-13-2002, 09:30 PM
I dunno...I consider this nice

"...you guys played a hell of a game. Sorry for being a jerk, but it was all in fun! You have to love football! I dont know if a lot of you guys just entered football because of the new team, but you will find people like me EVERY-WHERE. Fans will be fans, and I support my team ALL THE WAY even if it means me insulting a few people of the opposite crowds.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. You are truly talented and gave us one heck of a run at the end of the game. "

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks Q. We have a LOT of OLD NFL fans, but you are right, we have a lot of young meat~heads also as fans. It will take time to build a REAL, solid NFL base of fans again. 5 years is a relatively long time. That is someones entire teenage years. It took the NFL 5 years to come back to Houston.

Thanks guys for the kind words. I was on the verge of mutating to a useless poster myself. Hopefully I caught my snap. :hitself:

A couple of points..................

1) Henry is a much *heavier* runner than I thought. He could have easily rushed for 200 yards if Gillbride was committed to the run early. I am not shure why he had Henry run for 7 yards on first down, and pass the ball on 2nd and 3rd and short. We have face some good backs so far. He is a better runner than LaDanlian Tomlinson, and I like E James for the Colts, but Henry impressed me more. Out of these Pro bowl level backs. Henry is the best back in the group. He just needs more touches.

2) Your offensive line is under rated. We have a tremendous pass rush. We only got to Bledsoe a couple of times. A bunch of hurries, and he took a pounding, but the run blocking was excellent. I have already watched the game again, and your interior line did a really nice job of pulling and zone blocking.

3) Josh Reed only had one catch, but it was a big one. 28 yard CLUTCH grab. Price was dynamite. I hope Price becomes a free agent. He is a legit number 1 guy now. He took a couple of years to mature, but boy did he ever. I would love to sign him. We have the cap space. We also have 14 draft picks next year. *nice*.

4) Your special teams has a bad rap, but it looked good to me.

5) I mentioned last week the key to beating us is to make Carr throw underneath and put a saftey over the top. Looks like I realized that BEFORE the game, and your *fine* head coach caught his snap at halftime. The only reason we beat the Cowboys was the big gun of David Carr :redcar:. He does not know what he is doing yet, but he will make you pay, if you give your cornerbacks no saftey support. He has as strong an arm as there is in the NFL. He also has more mobility than people give him credit for. I think fans just look at his sacks, and ASSUME that he is not mobil. :gossip:

6) Your defensive coaches keep getting ripped in here, but they made enough adjustments at the half to win the game. If we kept scoring at the same clip as the first half, you walk away a loser.

7) Jay Foreman. Well, all I have to say is that it is hard to *seed* a team in ONE year. 22 starters is tough to find in a single season. Sometimes you have to start a player that may not be a quality starter in most organizations. He just reminded everyone that we are still an expansion team. He would be comming off the bench if we had 2 drafts under our belt. He would probably have made the same knuckleheaded mistake though.

Finally, I as a fan do not measure the sucess of this team by wins and losses this year. With 14 draft choices and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next year, we will be in the playoff hunt by the 2004 season. :hump:

BTW: The SuperBowl is in 2004. :up: A Texan can dream, can't he? Did you like our Stadium? It is REALLY impressive in person. I was dissapointed the roof was closed. I think they did it to make it louder........... I prefer the roof open, myself.

TigerJ
10-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Again, Expansion, you have an excellent analytical eye (better than mine). Henry has garnered mixed reviews here for 2 reasons. First, he has 5 fumbles in 6 games. Two were returned for TDs. Today his fumble put the Texans in range for a fairly quick score. In close games fumbles like that can be really costly. Second, for various reasons in several games this year the game plan has deemphasized the running game and Henry had only a few carries for not many yards. One of those games was vs. the Broncos which as I right is shutting down Ricky Williams big time. I agree with you that Henry has big time talent, if he can work through and get past the recent fumblitis.

2. Buffalo fans think we have a talented and athletic offensive line, but the fact that it is very young makes it vulnerable to mistakes from time to time. I think as the season has progressed the number of mistakes has been gradually dropping. By next year, I think they will be among the better O-lines in the league.

3. We love our WRs. No, you can have Price. At least that's what Bills fans are thinking. Buffalo does have cap room after the season. It depends partly on Price, whether or no he stays. If he thinks that Buffalo has a legit shot at the Super Bowl next year, and is willing to "settle" for 4 million per year, or whatever Tom Donohoe thinks is reasonable in order to have a shot at a Super Bowl ring we might keep him. Teammates (Eric Moulds) are trying to persuade him to stay. If he's only in it for the bucks, yeah, he'll probably be able to sign for more elsewhere. We like Reed a lot too. Rarely are rookie WRs as mature in their route running as Reed. He's got great hands and RAC ability too. He lacks only home run speed.

4. The special teams allowed two kickoffs to be run back for TDs in the first game of the year. That alone cost Buffalo the Jets game. They made gaffes in other games too. Except for those big plays given up they have been good. Opponents have tended to get all or nothing. But they have gradually made improvements since the start of the season, and are giving up fewer big plays all the time. Another symptom of a young inexperienced team.

5. I agree, Carr has a big time arm. I think the top 3 QBs in last April's draft, Carr, Harrington and Ramsey are all going to have early success in the NFL. Carr has ample poise too.

6. I think the Bills did make some good second half adjustments. We are still giving up too many points and too many yards.

7. Jay Foreman was brilliant. He made it look as if his plays were the result of stupidity and a lust for vengeance against the Bills rather than an undying loyalty to the team that gave him his start in the league. Just kidding, of course.

The league tries to structure the expansion process so teams get competitive quickly. They did a good job with the Texans. You've got a sharp GM and a great coach for building an expansion winner too. You won't have long to wait for some success.

BTW, now you'll have to be wary of the "curse of the Bills." Every team that plays the Bills loses the following week. The latest victim of the Bills curse is the previously unbeaten Raiders who today lost to the previously winless Rams. Spooky isnt it? LOL

The Spin Rx
10-13-2002, 10:54 PM
7. Jay Foreman was brilliant. He made it look as if his plays were the result of stupidity and a lust for vengeance against the Bills rather than an undying loyalty to the team that gave him his start in the league. FUNNY.

:hammeru: :blowtop: Can you imagine how the poor guy feels for being such a muffinhead? I sympathise with him. Houstonians or NFL fans in general, have LONG memories. Some idiotic demographic segment is going to blame this loss on him and NEVER let him hear the end of it. As far as I am concerened, he didnt lose the game for us. You still had work to do after the problems. Hopefully since we are in the expansion year, the fans wont be too hard on the guy. He seems fairly smart when interviewed.

Michael82
10-14-2002, 03:57 AM
Hey EB! Did I ever tell you how much I love the Texans....and your ZoneBucks? :) Help. I need the ZoneBucks to replace all the bucks that I lost to Fat Tony. :D

Seriously tho...Good Game! :up:

And just so you know...your problem has been taken care of. You see the little ref holding the red card on quizlet's posts? That is the little icon for being.... :banned:

:D