PDA

View Full Version : Drew restructure? When? How much?

Marvelous
02-16-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm shocked that there is no news yet abour DB's contract yet.
What kind of realistic cut will he take? And when will this happen, just prior to draft??
The sooner the better imo....

Thoughts please.

Tatonka gave a great breakdown in the WHY NOT RELEASE DB thread that i agree with... http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39084

And Ruben Brown also. Any news on his status??

elltrain22
02-16-2004, 11:14 PM
I have heard from just about everyone that DB will take a pay cut, and a pretty significant one at that. He realizes the situation he and the team are in, and i am sure he will accomodate management if they need to resign or sign some more needed help. You have to logically think that we are gonna spend some $$ on some o lineman, and being that DB got pildriven into the turf about 80 million times last year, i think that makes DB all the more willing to do whatever it takes to make the bills a better team in 2004.

As far as Rueben Brown, i haven't heard too much, and some others on this board may know more than i, but i truly feel that the Bills will keep him, and you will see him in a Bills unie next season, but don't quote me on that .

clumping platelets
02-17-2004, 08:27 AM
There's no absolute need right now to get it done. Bills are under the cap. I suspect something will happen with Ruben Brown before Bledsoe because his bonus is due March 3rd not November like Drew's.