PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills Trade up for a Wide Receiver

hintexas
02-16-2004, 10:17 PM
This is assuming that the Bills dont pick up a wide receiver via free agency like Jackson or TO. If the Bills are considering using the first round pick on a wide receiver should they also consider trading up to get it. Alot of mock drafts have 1. Fitzgerald gone early, then 2. Roy Willams going to Jacksonville and 3. Reggie Willams going to New York Jets. Now it will cost to much to get Fitzgerald. But should the Bills trade up to get either of the Williams before Jacksonville or the Jets do? Or is Woods or Clayton (especially since LSU coach and teammate) the logical pick here instead of spending something to trade up? AGAIN THIS IS ALL BASED ON IF THE BILLS THINK THEY NEED A WR IN THE FIRST ROUND. Finally if they do trade up what will they have to give up to get in front of the Jaguars or the Jets?

Dozerdog
02-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Why trade up? With the pick you gave up, you could get 2 WR's- this draft has a ton of them. No need to trade up

The Spaz
02-16-2004, 10:32 PM
The WR pool in this draft class is excellent.

Demon
02-16-2004, 10:45 PM
No need for a WR, Mularkey will make Josh Reed into twice the player he is. I am perfectly fine with Moulds/Reed and prefer to take a guy like Will Smith or Sean Taylor in the first round.

tampabay25690
02-16-2004, 10:49 PM
I sort of agree with DEMON, I think we should go after a DE 1st pick, I wouldn't trade up at all.. I think they will definitely sign a free agent WR this year..

elltrain22
02-16-2004, 11:06 PM
there are so many solid wr's in the draft, and i am not talking about just Fitzgerald, and Roy Williams. We should try and draft a wr, that would be our best bet.

BillsMan80
02-16-2004, 11:15 PM
There are no DE's to go after though this year with a first round pick. None of them are worth a top 15 pick, and none of them really are difference makers. This year's pick should be focused on a different position other than DE.

mypoorfriendme
02-16-2004, 11:59 PM
rashaun woods or devery henderson in the second. as good as reed may be, we could still could use someone to stretch the field

thenry20
02-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by hintexas
This is assuming that the Bills dont pick up a wide receiver via free agency like Jackson or TO. If the Bills are considering using the first round pick on a wide receiver should they also consider trading up to get it. Alot of mock drafts have 1. Fitzgerald gone early, then 2. Roy Willams going to Jacksonville and 3. Reggie Willams going to New York Jets. Now it will cost to much to get Fitzgerald. But should the Bills trade up to get either of the Williams before Jacksonville or the Jets do? Or is Woods or Clayton (especially since LSU coach and teammate) the logical pick here instead of spending something to trade up? AGAIN THIS IS ALL BASED ON IF THE BILLS THINK THEY NEED A WR IN THE FIRST ROUND. Finally if they do trade up what will they have to give up to get in front of the Jaguars or the Jets?

No, I don't see why we should do that. We have glaring needs elsewhere.

Besides, we have a stud in Moulds and Reed is gonna break out this year anyway.

SABURZFAN
02-17-2004, 07:21 AM
we need every draft pick for this draft.if anything,i say we trade down and try to get another draft pick.