How many yards will Willis McGahee rush for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

How many yards will Willis McGahee rush for??

Personally i could see 300-400 being a very good goal for this season. What do you's think.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I think more but won't be able to put a number on it until mini-camps and training camp to se how he's running around.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

He needs 500 WM.. and TH needs 1200 or better to make next years trade scenerios benificial and Willis being drafted in the first round and good decision.

If he runs for less than 500 you are still left with huge Questions in the run game after next season. If he has a good season and is back at 100% you can look for a First round pick at least for a running back trade. ACC Basketball #1

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Individual numbers are meaningless.

The Bills as a team need to average a minimum 150 yards per game to be successful, IMHO. How it's carved up between Mcgahee, Henry, and the rest really doesn't matter.

That's around 2000 yards. The team Record is just over 3000 yards in 1973- 2003 from OJ and over 1000 from Braxton and the others...

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

somewhere between -5 and 2000

Byrd.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

The Bills as a team need to average a minimum 150 yards per game to be successful, IMHO. How it's carved up between Mcgahee, Henry, and the rest really doesn't matter.

That's around 2000 yards. The team Record is just over 3000 yards in 1973- 2003 from OJ and over 1000 from Braxton and the others...
            That's 2400 yds.. that means there will be a lack of balance. We dont have the run game for THAT type performance. That 3000 was one of the leagues best of all time and OJ IMHO had the best seasons of all time.

In the end the result will be the same, Lack of balance results in no championship. Juice and the Electric Co. proved that.

Individual stat will mean everything next year when it comes to entertaining offers for either Henry or Willis. Anything less than 500 for Willis and his draft pick in the first round will be another huge mistake for the Bills.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

You're wrong

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

I'm hoping for the old Franco Harris/Rocky Blier, 2 - 1000 yard backs. Doubtful in today's game but what the hell.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

You're wrong
                  your right.. hes wrong.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                    I'm hoping for the old Franco Harris/Rocky Blier, 2 - 1000 yard backs. Doubtful in today's game but what the hell.
                    I don't think it's far fetched.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

You're wrong
                      And 2400 yds this season is imposible from this offense.

That final statement also appears to be wrong. OJ didn't play in 1973- 2003, Unless you meant the record still stands.

At the end of this season Willis's rushing totals will determine who our running back of the future is.

Let me know if that is wrong, IMHO if Willis gains 700 yds this season Henry will be trade bait at the end of the season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

am i the only one that has trouble following juices posts?
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          your right.. hes wrong.

Hey Tonk any word on Marcus? ACC #1

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                            And 2400 yds this season is imposible from this offense.

That final statement also appears to be wrong. OJ didn't play in 1973- 2003, Unless you meant the record still stands.

At the end of this season Willis's rushing totals will determine who our running back of the future is.

Let me know if that is wrong, IMHO if Willis gains 700 yds this season Henry will be trade bait at the end of the season.
                            A couple of teams , led by the Raven's 166 YPG managed that.

OJ didn't play in 2003? really?

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

A c oupke of teams , led by the Raven's 166 YPG managed that.

OJ didn't play in 2003? really?
                              They didn't run this offense, With this line, Dont forget we still have a line that bought TH abilities into question at the beginning of the year.

We need a big year from Willis to prove he is the back of the future, if we're going to have this dominating run game.

Comment

Working...
                              X